GSP Comments on Hardy

Heartkiller

What do you think about GSP saying Dan Hardy is not a true martial artist? Dont get me wrong i think GSP is the best fighter in MMA right now but to say Dan Hardy is not a true martial artist considering where he has been to study his arts and how long he has been practicing shows that GSP does not know his opponent.

What do you think about GSP saying Dan Hardy is not a true martial artist? Dont get me wrong i think GSP is the best fighter in MMA right now but to say Dan Hardy is not a true martial artist considering where he has been to study his arts and how long he has been practicing shows that GSP does not know his opponent.

Well his media personality isn't really a martial artist persona. A martial artist respects his opponent, has humility. And the number one is dan says he gets in the ring to hurt his opponent. Martial arts is more about overcoming your opponent through skill, training and heart.

But yeah Dan's personal life and the whole monks thing makes GSP's comment look a bit funny :P

GSP is full himself as of lately. He talks about himself as if he was some kind of Jesus Christ of MMA, the epitome of a martial artist.

That's because he believed the hype that he's one of the best pound for pound fighters, which he is not. Take his exceptional wrestling and physical advantage that he's got over all his opponents away from him and he's got nothing.

Martial arts is more about overcoming your opponent through skill, training and heart.
And Dan Hardy doesn't have that, right? K....

GSP is full himself as of lately. He talks about himself as if he was some kind of Jesus Christ of MMA' date=' the epitome of a martial artist.

That's because he believed the hype that he's one of the best pound for pound fighters, which he is not. Take his exceptional wrestling and physical advantage that he's got over all his opponents away from him and he's got nothing.

And Dan Hardy doesn't have that, right? K....[/quote']

ya but the fact is, he does have exceptional wrestling and a physical advantage over his opponents and at the end of the day he gets the job done. u cant base an argument on negating a fighters skills, if that was the case i could sit here and say if you take hardy's striking away from him then hes got nothing.

as for gsp's comments on hardy, i think he meant that hardy doesnt have that perfectionist's mentality about mma that gsp does, but who am i to say hardy doesnt have that. but one thing i can say is he hasnt shown the same level of humility and respect that gsp has in the past

Since Dan Hardy has been fighting all we have seen is striking and take down defense.:rolleyes:

GSP is full himself as of lately. He talks about himself as if he was some kind of Jesus Christ of MMA' date=' the epitome of a martial artist.

"wrestling and physical advantage"

Really? Take Hardy's striking away and he nothing:rolleyes:

This is such a stupid comment, we get it your not a fan of gsp apparently...

Wouldn't taking anyones physical advantage away give them nothing????? You are not a GSP fan. That's cool.....but he is the champ and don't think Dan Hardy is gonna take it from him. Let's take away Hardy's punch. What does he have left? Not too good of a fight without his punch and GSP's wrestling and physical advantage. Guess i'm not buying this fight haha

No Jon Jones is the Jesus Christ of MMA. And i disagree with you, I think GSP's striking is better than Dan Hardy's. What people don't get is that GSP's striking is a huge part of what makes his takedowns so damn good if you know what I mean... Anyways we'll see though.

The same can be said about Hardy when he said that GSP is not a fighter. I guess GSP only made that comment to respond to Hardy's first comment. Both are right and wrong at the same time. Their comments were mostly made towards their mentality. GSP has more of a martial artists and athletes mentality as for Hardy he has more of a fighters mentality. Martial arts is all about respecting your opponent something Dan Hardy never does and GSP always does. There is only a few fighters who have real respect in MMA. A few fighters that come to mind are Randy, GSP and Fedor. Dan Hardy is far from it. That being said as far as skills go they are both fighters and both martial artists. So as I said earlier both their comments are correct as well as incorrect. Just my opinion:p

Well he is saying that in reference to the way Hardy talks and acts. The one line he has really pisses me off a lot. He says "Martial arts is about going to war and putting a hurting on your opponent." Umm' date=' no, no it's not. Not even in the slightest. A true martial artist only uses his art as a last resort and to defend himself. That's why the art was created in the first place. So no, Hardy may know different martial arts, but he is in no way, a true martial artist.

GSP is full himself as of lately. He talks about himself as if he was some kind of Jesus Christ of MMA, the epitome of a martial artist.

And Dan Hardy doesn't have that, right? K....

Take away Hardy's punching power and what's he got? Nothing, k?

Dan call GSP a athlete and say he not a fighter .

GSP answer it by saying yeah im not a fighter im a Martial Artist .

. Martial arts is all about respecting your opponent something Dan Hardy never does and GSP always does. There is only a few fighters who have real respect in MMA.

Just because Dan likes to try to hype a fight does not mean he is not respectful. After the Marcus Davis fight, Dan went to shake his hand. Marcus was so angry he wouldn't do it and walked out. Dan has respect, I guarantee you win or lose he will shake the hand of GSP.

ya but the fact is' date=' he does have exceptional wrestling and a physical advantage over his opponents and at the end of the day he gets the job done. u cant base an argument on negating a fighters skills, if that was the case i could sit here and say if you take hardy's striking away from him then hes got nothing.

as for gsp's comments on hardy, i think he meant that hardy doesnt have that perfectionist's mentality about mma that gsp does, but who am i to say hardy doesnt have that. but one thing i can say is he hasnt shown the same level of humility and respect that gsp has in the past[/quote']

yea you roll with hardy and then tell me if hes got nothing.bravo purple belt i think,hes been doing this ****e for a while and you dont have to have a certain attitiude to be a martial artist or think you have to overcome your opponent with skill and blah blah blah instead of putting a hurting on them. like hardy said martial arts is not about respect its about the practice of being able to put a hurting on someone trying to do the same to you!

Archived