shogun was robbed* undeniable proof *

UFCGOD1

I know but its the truth:)

all I care about is the rematch. there's no point in arguing about a fight that happened f***ing 6 months ago. let it go for f***s sake. you are not going to change anything. especially peoples opinions.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

If this doesn't change peoples opinion ' date=' than those people are only machida ****s , we can't change what happen but we can sure let people know about the corrupts judges decision that happened[/quote']

I agree 100%. People think that the rematch will change everything. It wount. This has been done and it must be prevented to ever happen again. Shogun was robbed in that fight and he will have to win twice to get the belt. If that isnt fcked up I dont know what is.

The judges don't have time to make a graph, flow chart, punch count, etc. before rendering a decision. I'm not saying that they made the right decision but they do look at various things. Shogun landed mostly leg kicks and all his take downs were stuffed. The bottom line is all 3 judges scored it for Machida, not a split decision or majority decision. Also to get a title you have to do enough to take the title away. It could have been a draw and still Machida would have kept the title. LIke everyone else is saying, it really doesn't matter. The rematch will decide it.

fight-metric.jpg

hell if lyoto thought he lost the fight is this the face of a winner :

2zin79y.gif

675b.gif

Have you been under a rock or something. These fight stats are not new or anything. Learn a thing or two about how mma is judged and rewatch rounds 1-3. If you cannot see how close the rounds are then maybe you should peek from behind shogun's sack some.

PS.I would be depressed if I went through 2 rounds of hell as well (No sane person doubts Machida lost 4-5)

where's the undeniable proof ?

a gif showing a face expression of a tired man and then he screaming because he won ?

or a site with no recognition ?

The gifs may prove nothing, but Fightmetrics gets plenty of recognition... from these forums alone. I can recall being linked there numerous times for any fights that ended by close/split decision. That site itself isn't bad.

That being said, I'm eagerly anticipating the rematch. I thought Shogun won, but it's beyond a dead issue at this point. If he loses, I'll be disappointed, but regardless of the victor, I'm pulling for a definitive decision at this point. Just to end the draMMA.

People use the argument look at his face?

Really?

How many fights has Forest won, or Bonner were there face looked like its been beat with a hammer.

Some people cut or bruise easier than others, that means very little on basing a decision.

As far as the fight, it was a close fight, some people see it as 1,2,3 Lyoto, others see it as 3,4,5 Rua.

The sheer fact that it is this close between people shows how that third round was the turning factor and how the judges did not have an easy decision. It being unanimous shows me they all saw the same thing.

I would not be surprised if either of them won, but Lyoto did and there is a rematch now.

Rua lost that fight on his own, anytime you leave it to the judges you risk a loss on your record even if you thought you won. If he wanted to win, he would have pressed for the win, he choose to play safe and lost because of it. Sucks for him, but he has a chance to redeem that loss which most people do not get.

I would not be surprised if either of them won' date=' but Lyoto did and there is a rematch now.

Rua lost that fight on his own, anytime you leave it to the judges you risk a loss on your record even if you thought you won. If he wanted to win, he would have pressed for the win, he choose to play safe and lost because of it. Sucks for him, but he has a chance to redeem that loss which most people do not get.[/quote']

Exactly Shogun could have had that fight if he wanted it. His corner led him astray and told him he was winning so he played it safe. This is what can happen if you play it safe and let the judges decide the fight for you.

yes yes we all know that Shogun got robbed' date=' possibly the worst robbery in UFC history

Machida was done by the 4th round[/quote']

Not even close. The fight was very close, might could have gone either way. No where near the worst decision ever.

The only 'undeniable proof' that I've seen in this thread, is the fact that Lyoto Machida is STILL the UFC LHW Champion.

For anybody who thinks that there was some form of 'corrupt' judging in that fight, I suggest you go watch boxing of WWE instead. If you assume that they were 'corrupt' for that fight, then it must mean that they are 'corrupt' for EVERY fight. I guess the UFC is fixed, and all outcomes are predetermined. Why even bother watching then?

People like you make me sick. Quit whining like a bunch of little babies.

its really obvious that shogun won the fight yes, and thats pretty much recognised and accepted by most people.

Theres no point in saying he didnt because its there for everybody to see but no use crying over spilt milk. He has his chance to take the ufc title once again so we'll see what happens.

its really obvious that shogun won the fight yes' date=' and thats pretty much recognised and accepted by most people.

Theres no point in saying he didnt because its there for everybody to see but no use crying over spilt milk. He has his chance to take the ufc title once again so we'll see what happens.[/quote']

The point in saying that he DIDN'T win, is because that's a FACT!

To say otherwise, is to lie to yourself and anybody else who asks.

Personally I think the way this played out is probably best for the sport. It's up to the challenger to prove he deserves the title and if the fight is that close it's going to go too the champ. Nobody wants to see the champion lose his title because of some minor scoring issue. They want to see someone really walk in and take the belt and prove they are better. Yes, it may be preferential treatment but it's better then seeing the titles change hands every 3 months and the best fighters never getting the proper credit. As far as I'm concerned Machida deserves the benefit of the doubt with his record, and Rua deserves another shot to prove it wasn't just luck when he slightly edged out Machida in the last fight.

• 1 month later...
fight-metric.jpg

With few decisive exchanges to judge the fight on' date=' they would have to looked to other factors like octagon control and effective aggression.

why won't any shogun fans stop looking at fight metrics and other methods of calculating striking........ when there is more then just that criteria to win a fight and more accurately a fight that ended in a judges decision.

i will suggest you [i']fully[/i] understand ufc judges scoring(i'm not saying you don't understand scoring but do a little more homework).............then go watch the fight round by round and leave it at that. think of it as each round is a match in it self.......and you will realize machida won 3 rounds to 2.

anyway, a little over a week left and this will be washed away be the rematch.

With few decisive exchanges to judge the fight on' date=' they would have to looked to other factors like octagon control and effective aggression.

why won't any shogun fans stop looking at fight metrics and other methods of calculating striking........ when there is more then just that criteria to win a fight and more accurately a fight that ended in a judges decision.

i will suggest you [i']fully[/i] understand ufc judges scoring(i'm not saying you don't understand scoring but do a little more homework).............then go watch the fight round by round and leave it at that. think of it as each round is a match in it self.......and you will realize machida won 3 rounds to 2.

anyway, a little over a week left and this will be washed away be the rematch.

Lol so who had octagon control and effective aggresion? If you are pushed against the fence for two and a half minutes in the first round and kneed to the legs would you call that octagon control or effective agression. Or if you are constantly moving backwards? I would really like for any Machida fan to do a play by play of the first round (just the first round) and tell me why do you think Machida won that round decisively as some of you speak

Rematch wount change that Rua has to win twice to get the belt. He should be the one defending the title.

Lol so who had octagon control and effective aggresion? If you are pushed against the fence for two and a half minutes in the first round and kneed to the legs would you call that octagon control or effective agression. Or if you are constantly moving backwards? I would really like for any Machida fan to do a play by play of the first round (just the first round) and tell me why do you think Machida won that round decisively as some of you speak

Rematch wount change that Rua has to win twice to get the belt. He should be the one defending the title.

for the most part the clinch was in result of machida putting combination together and forward attacks.(how little there was of aggression there, it is still considered aggression)

in the 4th and 5th rounds machida was doing less of that forward lunging because of shogun's effect on his legs......and the clinch game was gone....shogun failed to aggressively attack and put him self in danger and spent most of the fight with single strikes from a safe distance.

shogun used the clinch, ok but c'mon he was not in full control, let go most of the time and the knees were thrown be both fighters in the clinch.....with the little amount of time the clinch was utilized it would not equal octagon control.

i don't think Machida won rounds 1 2 and 3 decisively but he won. on the other hand shogun won rounds 4 and 5 decisively....but did not win rounds 1 2 and 3.

over all the fight was close enough to spark huge controversy and what we have been seeing/debating from the end of the fight at ufc 104.........and the immediate rematch was a proper way to counter the close derision.......that being said the close decision went to machida.

Although I agree Shogun won the graph is meaningless they base it off if you won rounds this isnt Pride and base their decisions on the fight as a whole. On that note I could assume based on the graph Shogun did all those strikes in round one making it a 10-8 round and then machida won the next 4.

Archived