why dont people like kimbo slice?

vasile

Kimbo is a good father, and a good man. he fights for miami and his many children. he just wants to learn the art of mma, and fight in the octogon. i respect any man that puts forth true dedication and heart, and proves himself. kimbo looked great in his last fight no matter what you say. you can see he is growing and learning and is fun to watch. i dont see how you cant have anything but good feelings towards Mr.Slice. he is a respectful and humble man and will find success in mma. im a kimbo slice fan

wouldnt say personally i have anything against him.. he may be a great dad etc.. but i watch the fights to see great fights .. he just isnt entertaining in the octagon.. thats it for me .. i respect the fact he made something out of nothing and put in harg work to try and improve .. but watching him is boring .. period .. i dont come to watch a good dad .. i come to watch a good fighter

wouldnt say personally i have anything against him.. he may be a great dad etc.. but i watch the fights to see great fights .. he just isnt entertaining in the octagon.. thats it for me .. i respect the fact he made something out of nothing and put in harg work to try and improve .. but watching him is boring .. period .. i dont come to watch a good dad .. i come to watch a good fighter

You can't blame his last fight all on him. It takes two people to fight, and obviously Houston wasn't having any of that.

I like Kimbo, always have. I don't like the hype around him though. He's an average fighter trying to improve, that's not a good reason to sell t-shirts with his mug on them at the FYE in the mall..:rolleyes:

You can't blame his last fight all on him. It takes two people to fight' date=' and obviously Houston wasn't having any of that.

I like Kimbo, always have. I don't like the hype around him though. He's an average fighter trying to improve, that's not a good reason to sell t-shirts with his mug on them at the FYE in the mall..:rolleyes:[/quote']

i never said anything about the houston fight .. but since you bring it up maybe you should go watch it again.. watch his big hairy **** gorilla around the octagon and get stunned from kicks.. even when he fell down it was like he had a huge brain fart and didnt jump back on his feet.. he is slow and ground game is a mess.. so what he is getting better .. its a freak show for the ufc and im sorry you keep trying to get on that ride.. he should not be in the ufc other than to fool people into thinking he makes a difference in the sport .. its a low budget documentary

i never said anything about the houston fight .. but since you bring it up maybe you should go watch it again.. watch his big hairy **** gorilla around the octagon and get stunned from kicks.. even when he fell down it was like he had a huge brain fart and didnt jump back on his feet.. he is slow and ground game is a mess.. so what he is getting better .. its a freak show for the ufc and im sorry you keep trying to get on that ride.. he should not be in the ufc other than to fool people into thinking he makes a difference in the sport .. its a low budget documentary

Uhh..maybe you should watch it again. I saw a one guy with admittedly bad knees (Kimbo) ready to exchange against a guy who was running sideways laps only trying to kick Kimbo in the knee like a *****. And since you said you are bored watching him fight..tell me any other fight he's had in the UFC besides that one considering TUF doesn't count..

umm any fights he has .. and yes i seen the fight just fine and i know what happend .. he sucks period .. and why would his tuf fights not count ? what about mma bouts pre ufc ? internet videos .. they all suck and so does he at mma

your ignorant. get use to a lifetime of rejection. fooooool

umm any fights he has .. and yes i seen the fight just fine and i know what happend .. he sucks period .. and why would his tuf fights not count ? what about mma bouts pre ufc ? internet videos .. they all suck and so does he at mma

Well I'm sorry you have such bad hang-ups. Obviously you've fallen victim to this so called 'documentary'

case isnt closed till kimbo retires.

Case is closed he's a bum and will always be a bum let him go back to being a body guard for **** producers.

Houston had a gameplan Kimbo thinks everyone will stand with him (like James Toney)

Meathead sadly will KO him and hopefully we don't need to hear more about Bimbo Slice.

Its funny you seem to like Kimbo as a person more than a fighter and thats cool I like him to but I have to be honest his fights havent been that exciting. The Alexander fight was boring and that broke my heart I love seeing a regular guy going in and doing well. People are people and have there reasons for not liking people for what ever reason they want thats there righ as a person. I like him but to me he is too timid yes he is in the Ufc but he is going to have to throw some blows and bang. He looks akward it reminds me in Boxing Jermane Taylor was a good fighter but what he tried to become a boxer he sucked. What Im getting at is Kimbo is a fighter not a mixed martial artist.He has to stick to what brought him to the dance and thats mixing it up and landing hard shots. I dont mean be careless but nothing angers me in MMa than a dude who barely throws he needs to throw with a little more commitment he looks like he wont commit to a punch because he is scared to throw something. He needs to train on his punches, takedown defense and ground escapes becauses he is just not a ground person he should train wit Lidell. Lidell didnt let people take him down he made you fight on your feet which is his strength......or used to be lmao.

i like kimbo. he is a student of the sport and just wants to fight who can blame him for that idk why everones hating on him and ya he draws a lot of new viewers but whats wrong with that dont most people wan to be entertained when the watch a fight? and houston made himself look kinda dumb in their last fight by running away, especially when hes had a lot more experience than kimbo

this is all i have to say. someone said his fights are borning. they are crazy. he puts on good fights. when u watch a kimbo fight u know ur ganna c a knock out. Brock lesnar his fights are borning and crappy to watch. he just lays on u. he is supposed to be a good fighter and he has no stand up at all. he didnt deserve a tittle shot. they gave it to him cause of his name and they was no one good in the devision besides couture. much respect for kimbo

I must admit when I first saw the Kimbo Slice youtube videos I thought holy crap that guy would KO anyone you put in front of him, and to put his chin out like he was taking what appeared to be some big shots I thought no one would be able to put him down. Fastforward through his MMA career a little, and we now know you put him in with someone who has some training, Seth P for example, and he is capable of being KO'd. Now that being said I thought in some of his other EliteXC fights he showed some kind of skills at least when it came to trading punches if nothing else. I give him tonnes of respect however for answering the DW call out, and coming into the TUF house to prove himself. Sure he lost against Big Country, but say what you want about him that guy is a vet and come on man Rampage said it best how you supposed to get the moon off you? After Seth KO'd him and EliteXC folded shop he had multiple offers to go to Japan/Europe and make millions of dollars, but what did he do? He went off the radar and started training to get better at a sport he obviously wants to improve at. I'm not saying that he'll win any titles but he has earned my respect with the way he carried himself on TUF, with no ego and a complete openness to learn this sport we all love. And I thought we seen a vast improvement in Kimbo as far as having a gameplan and sticking to it in the Alexander fight. Not to mention that slam was pretty sweet, something Kimbo would have never thought to do before take the fight to ground to eliminate a good strikers strength. People can say whatever they want about him, in my eyes I see a guy hungry to compete with the best HW's in the world to prove himself to really nobody else but himself. If only another HW I can think had that kind of drive!

CG

one exhibition and one fight into his legit professional MMA career and he is being written off as a boring bum? wow..

So far, after the humbling at the hands of Seth Petruzelli, Kimbo has been nothing but humble, respectful, and willing to listen and learn all he can about the Art in Mixed martial arts. The Alexander fight was an anomoly because of Houston's "gameplan" but I look forward to his next fight just to see what kind of progress he has made in his training.

I don't believe for a second he will ever be a legit threat for any titles, but he has the ability to be an exciting fighter to watch, and once you put away the hate from the elitist crowd, most people like the story of a guy who literally fought his way off of the streets and out of poverty in the name of his children. Even limited success is a win.

thread fail. just using ur line brother

i go through many threads and see your annoying comment over and over, like you are a forum legend or something.

try and give a reason why you give your annoying comment, maybe people will start taking you seriously. you sometimes make it sound like you are helping in some way...

you fail as a critic, if that is what you are trying to be.

one exhibition and one fight into his legit professional mma career and he is being written off as a boring bum? Wow..

So far' date=' after the humbling at the hands of seth petruzelli, kimbo has been nothing but humble, respectful, and willing to listen and learn all he can about the art in mixed martial arts. The alexander fight was an anomoly because of houston's "gameplan" but i look forward to his next fight just to see what kind of progress he has made in his training.

I don't believe for a second he will ever be a legit threat for any titles, but he has the ability to be an exciting fighter to watch, and once you put away the hate from the elitist crowd, most people like the story of a guy who literally fought his way off of the streets and out of poverty in the name of his children. Even limited success is a win.[/quote']

+100000000

one exhibition and one fight into his legit professional MMA career and he is being written off as a boring bum? wow...

you can look at it anyway and still come to the same conclusion. .. sorry you cant see that .. exhibition sucked, 1 "legit" ufc fight sucked, his fights with elitexc sucked, his internet fights sucked

how ever you wanna break all that down and look at certain fights only ok whatever .. its all the same

You can't blame his last fight all on him. It takes two people to fight' date=' and obviously Houston wasn't having any of that.

I like Kimbo, always have. I don't like the hype around him though. He's an average fighter trying to improve, that's not a good reason to sell t-shirts with his mug on them at the FYE in the mall..:rolleyes:[/quote']

+1

Kimbo is a good father' date=' and a good man. he fights for miami and his many children. he just wants to learn the art of mma, and fight in the octogon. i respect any man that puts forth true dedication and heart, and proves himself. kimbo looked great in his last fight no matter what you say. you can see he is growing and learning and is fun to watch. i dont see how you cant have anything but good feelings towards Mr.Slice. he is a respectful and humble man and will find success in mma. im a kimbo slice fan[/quote']

we will have to see how he has improved in his ground game/ cardio... i would say that those are going to be his greatest weekness...his stand up is well everyone knows that kimbo is a stand up & bang fighter with that said IMP after kimbos next fight he will showcase some of his new skills he has learned( i mean in the alexander fight he showed us hes been learning with that suplex and some ground and pound) but i can almost gaurentee kimbo will have a semi successful carrer in MMA.

Kimbo is a good father' date=' and a good man. he fights for miami and his many children. he just wants to learn the art of mma, and fight in the octogon. i respect any man that puts forth true dedication and heart, and proves himself. kimbo looked great in his last fight no matter what you say. you can see he is growing and learning and is fun to watch. i dont see how you cant have anything but good feelings towards Mr.Slice. he is a respectful and humble man and will find success in mma. im a kimbo slice fan[/quote']

I would say the reasoning is because of his rather largely unmerited hype. Being realistic he is not a very good fighter, but for some reason based solely on his internet videos he was hyped to be some unstoppable KO machine. Browse any mma forum long enough and you find people, trolling or not, that claim he would destroy lesnar and every other top HW. I mean the dude was a brawler with no mma experience who is just starting to actually learn the sport. Maybe in time he can become a good or great mma fighter but his skill set is far from that point right now. As a person its hard to hate him based on his actions and personality, but it gets annoying listening to uneducated fans talking him up all the time. Nothing against the guy but I was really hoping tuf would be the last time i had to hear about the guy. That said i wish him luck in the future, and hopefully he can start to preform up to peoples crazy expectations.

dont think its an actual problem with kimbo, most of the ufc elite have. Its the fact that newbie mma fans seem to jump on his nuts and believe in his hype. hes a decent striker but he is rather 1 dimensional and theres better fighters in the ufc HW and Lhw that dont get the same recognition and deserve it more than him.

Still i know hes improving and i look forward to his next ifght. He seems like a cool guy but its a shame he isnt top contender material.

Archived