Vera vs Jones Fight of the Year?

Jerkwadd562

Vera said this might make fight of the year...Honestly(MY OPINION) the fight has the potential with two great fighters going head-2-head...as far as fight of the year now that we will have to wait 1. to see the outcome of the fight 2. because there is a lot of stacked fight cards in the future that also have the potential for fight of the year...

THOUGHTS...

winner gets t.silva and loser gets luiz cane ....winner gets t.silva because of the caliber of him and loser gets cane because they are coming off losses

I'd go for winner gets bader, I just really wanna see Jones vs Bader

first fight now, second fight in a few years when one has the title and third fight towards the end of their careers

Bones has shown some real talent since arriving in the business. Vera was once thought to be a Prodigy (to all Penn fans: yeah, we know he is the REAL Prodigy) but since he met Sylvia he's been a shell of his former self.

I see this being a straight up beat down from Jones. Not taking anything away from Vera, he's shown he has great heart and is also very talented, but Bones has seemed like he could be a true contender at 205 - let's face it, DQ or no DQ he battered Hamill in impressive fashion and if they can arrange a rematch, it's likely it will go the same way only with him not making the same mistake to ruin the ending.

Anyone else want to see Jones vs. Evans? I know it'll be a while before people say Jon is ready to take on the elite, but I don't see the hype surrounding Rashad and think it'd be an excellent coming out party for him.

Definately a possible fight of the year....depending on which Brandon Vera shows up. After his lackluster performance in his last fight (not taking anything away from couture) I would expect him to bring his A game. Anything less than that and Bones will capitalize. The standup should be very interesting as Vera has top level technical muay thai and Bones is wild and unorthodox yet very effective. Ground game if there is any should be interesting too but the fight could be won on who uses the clinch more effectively. Bones has some good takedowns but i don't think he wants to be on the ground with Vera in a dominant position.

Jones/Bader would be a spectactular clash of two young up and coming fighters. Also wouldn't mind seeing either of them fight Rich Franklin down the road. Franklin is a former champ and very good striker and an excellent test for any prospect at 205.

Definately a possible fight of the year....depending on which Brandon Vera shows up. After his lackluster performance in his last fight (not taking anything away from couture) I would expect him to bring his A game. Anything less than that and Bones will capitalize. The standup should be very interesting as Vera has top level technical muay thai and Bones is wild and unorthodox yet very effective. Ground game if there is any should be interesting too but the fight could be won on who uses the clinch more effectively. Bones has some good takedowns but i don't think he wants to be on the ground with Vera in a dominant position.

Jones/Bader would be a spectactular clash of two young up and coming fighters. Also wouldn't mind seeing either of them fight Rich Franklin down the road. Franklin is a former champ and very good striker and an excellent test for any prospect at 205.

BONES vs BADER would be great but i would like to see BONES vs COUTURE that would be even better

Archived