Worst display of sportsmanship in the Octagon?

TkoByMurder

Don't know if theres a thread on this but just thought it would be interesting.

Personally I usually lose respect for a figher when he does something stupid but it is always interesting to see a different side of someones personality when things get heated in the cage.

What are the worst displays of sportsmanship/showboating/ etc. you have seen in the octagon?

Examples:

Lesnar- "Talk all the **** you want now mother****er"

Anderson Silva- the arms down, bobblehead dance he did against Griffin

Forrest Griffin running out of the octagon after the fight with Keith Jardine and after the fight wit Anderson Silva...... AND, every other post preceeding this one with the exception of the mention of Dan Henderson. I'd like that poster to explain which incident(s) he/she was referring to.

Personally I usually lose respect for a figher when he does something stupid but it is always interesting to see a different side of someones personality when things get heated in the cage.

What are the worst displays of sportsmanship/showboating/ etc. you have seen in the octagon?

Examples:

Anderson Silva- the arms down' date=' bobblehead dance he did against Griffin[/quote']

Lesnar definitely. Melvin Guillard against Rich Clemente!!

I don't know why you say Silva, that bobblehead **** had nothing to do with sportsmanship, he was just having fun. If Forrest wouldn't have ran away I sure Silva would have shook his hand and bowed!!

Forrest Griffin running out of the octagon after the fight with Keith Jardine and after the fight wit Anderson Silva......

... good point, he disrespected his opponents & the fans, ... how anybody could give him

a free-pass on that is beyond any reasonable comprehension :mad::mad:

Lesnar

Hendo

Charles Benett

Tito

Tank

Yvel

several wrestlers have faked illegal blows to get rest, Hughes, Kos,

Barnett, Overeem, Randelmann, Sherk. any other forgotten roid freak.

Any fighter from PRIDE who accepted a gimme victory...... some were obvious, ask Arona

I have a hard time seeing anything unsportsmanlike with what Silva does, is he supposed to stand there and let his opponent hit him?

I am by no means a fan of Brock , but I dont hate the guy either. We all nut hug some fighter i suppose in some way but that doesnt mean I hate or disagree with others, its immaturity and plenty of couch potatoes , beer drinkin obnoxious drunks and immature pube lackin kids as followers of the sport now to bring enough of that to the table. We can all sit back and look at what Brock said and did after his fight with Mir, but I dont see any wrong in it because I seen and heard what Frank was saying about Brock the entire time before the fight happened. I would of been extremely pissed myself and taken things to the personal level if I was in Brocks shoes, so No Brocks antics I dont see **** poor sportsmanship, however MIRS are !!!...stupid btch talked all that sht about Brock and broad casted the crap across youtube , that itself was immature and poor !! The thing about insecure **** talkers, when you make them eat the **** they shoveled out, they cant help but get more insecure and hate that person more and spew more with no discipline of action / words....thats why Mir had to spew again at the mouth and say how he hope Lesnar is the first death in MMA. Could a sack of sht stoop any lower and show any more insecurity and desperation. Mirs mouth just burrys him and he talks sooooo much that the dumb prck contradicts himself. Bar none, Mir is the poorest sport in all of MMA, he just plays well for the mic and comes off with intellect from time to time, but listen to him twice and hes already going against what he said first. You cant polish a turd. And that he will always be. Like the Bully who talks more of his game but when he gets spanked he has to twist things and try and convince his own self that he right.

lesnar' date=' dan henderson, tito, diaz brothers ... still thinking[/quote']

Totally agree with you on Henderson, talking isn't hurting anyone but Henderson has attacked two unconscious opponents. I think it's two, he did it to Wanderlei too right? Anyway, his shenanigans are dangerous and could cause serious injury.

Andersons bobble head he did against forrest, I dont see that as poor sportsmanship either...hell he did it during the fight, not something done before or after, its a way to get into your oppenents head, frank shamrock did plenty of antics like that in his fights, its just a strategy

Randy spanking Tito isn't bad sportsmanship IMO, just a lesson in humility.

Sorry but what Brock did was uncalled for, i'm not saying Mir was any better in his words but I would have more respect for Brock if he let his actions speak and not his words. I guess you can't really expect it from a guy who made his living as an entertainer.

As far as Hendo is concerned, i disagree completely. With all the **** talking Bisping did, Hendo could easily have gotten into it verbally but instead he did what a professional fighter does, he earned his respect by KTFO Bisping.

There are times like the Quarry/Starnes fight where it takes some provocation just to get someone to fight you, and as a fan I sympathize with that.

Another one i can think of is Nick Diaz and Diego Sanchez. There was a lot of trash talking and that made for a good fight, yet after Nick lost he was still whining and lipping. Take it like a man when you have to eat your words.

As far as Silva is concerned, i can understand where you are coming from, yeah i suppose his dancing was tactical since it was during the fight, and hes never really disrespectful in his interviews so I won't dwell on that too much. I guess it just seemed a little ****y since he did it in a fight he was already winning. I won't argue with anyone who disagrees, as this is a discussion thread.

Randy spanking Tito isn't bad sportsmanship IMO' date=' just a lesson in humility.

Sorry but what Brock did was uncalled for, i'm not saying Mir was any better in his words but I would have more respect for Brock if he let his actions speak and not his words[/b']. I guess you can't really expect it from a guy who made his living as an entertainer.

As far as Hendo is concerned, i disagree completely. With all the **** talking Bisping did, Hendo could easily have gotten into it verbally but instead he did what a professional fighter does, he earned his respect by KTFO Bisping.

Brock beat the crap outta Mir than he comes into Brocks face and its disrespectful when he says something about it? Henderson KO'd Bisping and followed up with an unecessay shot but thats ok? That makes no sense.

I'm surprised Brett Rogers name has yet to come up on a topic like this. Honestly' date=' I don't think he deserves to be in any organization.[/quote']

... grim was still a little loopy after fedor dropped the big bomb on his dimple,

he showed well considering his lack of big-league experience, I forgave him for the post-fight interview ..

dyaf0h.jpg

Brock beat the crap outta Mir than he comes into Brocks face and its disrespectful when he says something about it? Henderson KO'd Bisping and followed up with an unecessay shot but thats ok? That makes no sense.

If you read again, i never said Mir was any better, and if you prefer i can go on listing things Mir has done too. Would that make you happy? They both showed disrespectful behavior but i suppose thats what makes it a very personal fight. Hopefully if Mir/Lesnar 3 happens, they will show some class and shake hands after like professionals should do.

Say what you will about Hendo, theres always debate about follow-up shots and thats a topic for another day. Most professional fighters will keep fighting until the ref pulls them apart and thats just the truth. At best its debatable but considering the verbal abuse before the fight its unlikely he would have stopped swinging before the ref got in there.

Henderson just wanted to make sure that he finished the fight dominantly..nothing wrong with that. After all of that trash talk Bisping did..he deserved it from Dan.

Henderson just wanted to make sure that he finished the fight dominantly..nothing wrong with that. After all of that trash talk Bisping did..he deserved it from Dan.

I call horse sh!t on that one. The "fighting til the ref stops it" reasoning went out the window, in both the Bisping and Wanderlei fights when Dan himself made his smug lil jock bully comments about intentionally throwing extra bombs,especially that airborn elbow on Bisping, for good measure and "just to shut him up a little more." That is the epitomy of unsportsmanlike conduct. This isn't the schoolyard. Hell if Nate Marquardt, Rashad, and a myriad of others can stop mid punch to prevent doing unnecessary damage, why can't the 10+ year veteran and allegedly classy guy Hendo do it? I've been watching Hendo since his UFC debut way back before his PRIDE days and he has always had that smug high school jock attitude, just like Matt Hughes and Lesnar.

Examples:

Anderson Silva- the arms down' date=' bobblehead dance he did against Griffin[/quote']

sorry but thats not a poor show of sportsmanship thats making a statement.

worst show of sportsmanship hasnt come in the UFC octagon it came in the wec ring when jamie varner got destroyed by benson henderson then whined about it

Archived