Why Jones will beat Vera.

Gadsby5

They're fairly equal with striking ability, i'd probably give the edge to Vera although Jones has a far superior reach advantage. The reason Jones will win is because if he does start losing on his feet he WILL be able to take Vera down, and he'll keep him there until either the end of the round or the referee stands them up, in which case he'll take him straight back down again, I think he'll try and trade punches with Vera, but if that doesn't work, he has a plan B...Vera has no plan B.

Thoughts?

Oh, and JDS to KO Gonzaga, 2nd round.

They're fairly equal with striking ability' date=' i'd probably give the edge to Vera although Jones has a far superior reach advantage. The reason Jones will win is because if he does start losing on his feet he WILL be able to take Vera down, and he'll keep him there until either the end of the round or the referee stands them up, in which case he'll take him straight back down again, I think he'll try and trade punches with Vera, but if that doesn't work, he has a plan B...Vera has no plan B.

Thoughts?

Oh, and JDS to KO Gonzaga, 2nd round.[/quote']

no way homie

They're fairly equal with striking ability' date=' i'd probably give the edge to Vera although Jones has a far superior reach advantage. The reason Jones will win is because if he does start losing on his feet he WILL be able to take Vera down, and he'll keep him there until either the end of the round or the referee stands them up, in which case he'll take him straight back down again, I think he'll try and trade punches with Vera, but if that doesn't work, he has a plan B...Vera has no plan B.

Thoughts?

Oh, and JDS to KO Gonzaga, 2nd round.[/quote']

Vera has good td defence and his bjj is pretty solid so I don't think it's going to be an easy win for Jones.

The standup in this fight should be exciting as long as Vera isn't gun shy. I agree if Bones can take him down and get a dominant position then he should win. Even if he can't TKO Vera immediately, the GnP will wear him out and if this goes into the 3rd i like Bones chances. Bones needs to dictate this fight if he wants to win, he needs to get in dominant position and wear on Vera. If he stands on the outside and lets Vera get in a rhythm it could be a short night. I say Bones executes a couple wicked takedowns and tires Vera out. GnP stoppage 3rd round.

Archived