Jon Bones Jones "the real deal"

ShayneSmithMMA

Jon Jones man handled Brandon Vera and is now a contender in the LHW division' date=' who should he fight next and what did you think of his performance?[/quote']

His performance= 8

Being a contender=10

Someone beating him right now? Not likely

I wouldnt say man handled but he definitly beat him..

within the first 30 seconds Vera was on his back. Was getting dominated but hit him with two illegal kicks that still ended with Vera balling up like little girl in a school fight. I'd say he completely dominated him.

I say either give him Rogerio Noguiera or Thiago Silva. I really think he needs a title shot, winner of Machida vs. Shogun.

I think the next title shot will go to Rampage or Rashad but after that i think Jon Jones should fight winner of Griffin vs Lil Nog for the #1 contender!

I thnk Jones will be the champion someday. Between his natural talent and the fact that he is working with Greg Jackson I see him being a real force at 205.

man its a lil soon for a title fight for him maybe one or two more fights against top 5 guys..lil nog is already fightin soon..

Ya know, majority of people were saying Jones "lacked experience." Brandon Vera's been around and Jones ****ing killed him.

If Dana gives him a TS, I won't complain.

man nice performance by bones.

and i mean pre fight too, he was prepared for vera by the looks of it, all over him, confident in what he was going for.

AND the weigh ins, i think vera left his balls on the stage hah, he looked spooked after that, and when he was entering the octagon, he looked less happy than normal (scared i think).

that first throw, wooow, then more domination, vera uses a illegal kick to try and stay alive... then bones gets revenge with some face breaking. (the length from jones' elbow to shoulder is like the same length as sean sherks whole arm!!!)

he looked dangerous lol, not dangerous as a mma competitor (well that too of course), but he looked like he could just really hurt people, so much power. thought he might of fractured veras skull or something (hah don't think thats very possible...) just that noise, and where and how vera was holding his head

i also withdraw my comments from months/weeks ago. randy couture should not fight bones!!! i like randy and have faith in the guy, but he would die against bones.... die

Each time I see him fight, I like him more and more. He is very respectful and shows good sportsmanship. These are the fighters I like to root for. I see a lot of potential in Jones. I can see myself being a real fan in the near future. Does this make me a bangwagonner? I like him already though.

Archived