So after UFC on Versus, where do rank Jones/Dos Santos

Sisti

So I think the fans all won today because we got to watch TWO champion-level fighters on regular tv

lol so I would realistically say Jon Jones is number 3 LHW in the world (1. machida, 2. shogun) and JDS is number 2 LHW in the world (1. Fedor, and I think he's better than Brock right now)

Where would everyone in the forum put them ranking-wise?

So I think the fans all won today because we got to watch TWO champion-level fighters on regular tv

lol so I would realistically say Jon Jones is number 3 LHW in the world (1. machida' date=' 2. shogun) and JDS is number 2 LHW in the world (1. Fedor, and I think he's better than Brock right now)

Where would everyone in the forum put them ranking-wise?[/quote']

Id say realistically 5th maybe 6th. One more big win he will for sure be in the top 5.

Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Rashad, Couture/Little Nog, then Jones/Thiago Silva, Ryan Bader/Forrest Griffin.

As Far as JDS,

Brock, Velasquez, Mir, Carwin, JDS Mir and Carwin you can consider them both 3rd. But Velasquez is number 2 in my eyes. After Carwin/Mir JDS should fight the loser, or Cain Velasquez. Cain vs JDS!!!!!! Make it Happen!!!!

1. Cain

2. Dos Santos

3. Carwin

4. Mir

5. Brock

Not counting outside organizations of course.

1. Mir

2. Brock

3. Dos Santos

4. Velasquez

5. Carwin

If Brock wins his next fight he passes to first (although he already is technicaly). Carwin sadly i feel like he still need to prove he can beat tougher opponents. Dos Santos looks the more solid to me right now but Mir did earn much more respect from his career and fights. I am pretty sure Brock will be first in many peoples mind soon enough.

As for Cain, really hed be a great LHW but he will get beaten by the bigger HW unless he start putting on some muscles.

Brock hasn't fought enough top guys, or enough guys period to be considered that high in my opinion. Both Velasquez & Cigano have been blowing through the divisions best like they were nothing. They deserve a higher spot then Lesnar. Just because he has the belt doesn't make him a top guy. He has only beat Mir, Couture, Herring, and Kim. The other guys have much more impressive wins.

Brock hasn't fought enough top guys' date=' or enough guys period to be considered that high in my opinion. Both Velasquez & Cigano have been blowing through the divisions best like they were nothing. They deserve a higher spot then Lesnar. Just because he has the belt doesn't make him a top guy. He has only beat Mir, Couture, Herring, and Kim. The other guys have much more impressive wins.[/quote']

Yuppers. Brock lost to Mir and beat Herring and got a title shot. Mir lost to Lesnar beat Kongo and got a title shot. JDS rips through good opponents and gets nothing. lol where is the fairness in that? $$$$ rules everything!

lol so I would realistically say Jon Jones is number 3 LHW in the world (1. machida' date=' 2. shogun) and JDS is number 2 LHW in the world (1. Fedor, and I think he's better than Brock right now)

1 Machida/Shogun

3 Rampage Jackson

4 Rashad Evans

5 Randy Couture

6 Thiago Silva

7 Jon Jones

1 Brock Lesnar

2 Cain Velasquez

3 Frank Mir

4 Junior Dos Santos

5 Shane Carwin

Brock hasn't fought enough top guys' date=' or enough guys period to be considered that high in my opinion. Both Velasquez & Cigano have been blowing through the divisions best like they were nothing. They deserve a higher spot then Lesnar. Just because he has the belt doesn't make him a top guy. He has only beat Mir, Couture, Herring, and Kim. The other guys have much more impressive wins.[/quote']

Well couture, herring, and mir looks like good wins to me if you consider

Cain: Nog, Rothwell, Kongo (decision)

Carwin: Gonzaga, Wain, Wellish, Pandergast, who ?

Dos Santos: Gonzaga, Filipovic and Struve.

Pesonnally, Couture, Mir, Herring is the most impressive listing. Now i do agree he got a shot too fast but flame on Dana, not Brock, i would have taken the chance too... well no i don't really want to get dirty boxed by Couture but you get the idea hah.

Dos Santos is the No1 HW in my opinion closely followed by Fedor. Bones Jones is hard to say until he fights one of the top 5' date=' I would put him at about No4 I think he could take Rashad but maybe not Rampage.[/quote']

Don't be crazy talking now.

After reading some of the posts(granted I posted mine without reading every1 elses)

Why do you guys think Mir > Carwin? I have watched a few of their fights and I dont see it.. In every aspect I see carwin destroying Mir.. am I missing something?

1. Cain

2. Dos Santos

3. Carwin

4. Mir

5. Brock

In all honesty.

As for Jones...

1. Shogun

2. Machida

3. Rampage

4. Rashad

5. Jones

Close but i'd have Machida higher then Shogun, and Jones higher then Rampage and Rashad. Rampage hasn't fought in a long time, and who'd he beat recently that was a top 5 fighter. No one, that's who. He'd get manhandled by Jones. Jones threw Vera around like he was a toy, and Couture couldn't take Vera down, AT ALL.

Heavyweight is easy..

1. Brock

2. Mir

3. Cain

4. JDS

5. Carwin

Realistically, strictly by ranking, LHW looks something like this....

1. Machida

2. Shogun

3. Rashad

4. Rampage

5. Griffin/ T. Silva

6. Lil Nog

7. Bones

I think JDS fights the loser of Mir/Carwin, while Cain takes some time off and fights winner of the title fight.

My guess will be Bones faces winner of Griffin/Nog or T. Silva because Bader is a step down and Couture is fighting Franklin. In all reality, Vera was hyped to be a test for Bones but I think Vera is outrageously overhyped at 205. I dont see this victory putting Jones into the top 5. T. Silva hasn't beat anyone, but has fought the elites of the division. If Joe Silva doesnt want to wait around then Bones gets T. Silva, if he wants to truely test Bones then he gives him winner of Griffin/Nog.

Jesus Christ, seeing some of your lists I think JDS could beat Fedor and you people would still rank him #5

He is defiantly above carwin, and there is a great case to be ahead of Cain as JDS has fought 4/5 tough tested Veterans where Cain has taken Kongo to a decision and Beat Nog.

To me

Brock (not because of any skill, just because he holds the belt)

Mir (and I ****ing hate Mir)

JDS

Cain in a close 4th

then Carwin

Hell Carwin and Mir should both be bumped and JDS and Cain should fight for the interm next month as they both sustained no damage in their fights.

Let Carwin be tested against real competition against Mir and let Mir fight to get into title contention again instead of running his mouth into one.

Jesus Christ' date=' seeing some of your lists I think JDS could beat Fedor and you people would still rank him #5

He is defiantly above carwin, and there is a great case to be ahead of Cain as JDS has fought 4/5 tough tested Veterans where Cain has taken Kongo to a decision and Beat Nog.

To me

Brock (not because of any skill, just because he holds the belt)

Mir (and I ****ing hate Mir)

JDS

Cain in a close 4th

then Carwin

Hell Carwin and Mir should both be bumped and JDS and Cain should fight for the interm next month as they both sustained no damage in their fights.

Let Carwin be tested against real competition against Mir and let Mir fight to get into title contention again instead of running his mouth into one.[/quote']

Explain this to me... U say carwin hasn't been tested...

Yet u say JDS has fought tough guys and is ready..

But JDS biggest test to date(gonzaga) is someone that carwin already beat.. Am I missing something??

Cain just destroid Nog so he needs no explanaition.. He's deff above JDS in rank..

Explain this to me... U say carwin hasn't been tested...

Yet u say JDS has fought tough guys and is ready..

But JDS biggest test to date(gonzaga) is someone that carwin already beat.. Am I missing something??

Cain just destroid Nog so he needs no explanaition.. He's deff above JDS in rank..

Carwin was in trouble against Gonzaga..that's relevant to the discussion I would think.

Dos Santos has been consistent, and fought tougher competition overall than Cain has since their UFC careers started.

The only way your assessment of Cain holds any water is if you think Nog is still an elite competitor.

The sport has evolved since the days when Fedor, Nog and Crocop were the best.

At one time..yes they were. But today? No. The caliber of competition is simply better..and I know the Fedor delusionalists love to blame it all on age and hard fought battles etc...but the major reason for their recent losses is that the people they are fighting...are better...period.

Look at Nog v Crocop...when they fought in Pride in their fabled "primes"

Now...compare THAT to the people in todays era of the sport? It's black and white. Stark contrast in skill level.

But I can respect Nog and Crocop in a way that I cannot respect Fedor.

Nog and Crocop..have tested themselves against today's best...or at least tried to...they failed...but they made the attempt.

Fedor doesn't have the balls to.

Cheers

-DR

Carwin was in trouble against Gonzaga..that's relevant to the discussion I would think.

Dos Santos has been consistent' date=' and fought tougher competition overall than Cain has since their UFC careers started.

The only way your assessment of Cain holds any water is if you think Nog is still an elite competitor.

The sport has evolved since the days when Fedor, Nog and Crocop were the best.

At one time..yes they were. But today? No. The caliber of competition is simply better..and I know the Fedor delusionalists love to blame it all on age and hard fought battles etc...but the major reason for their recent losses is that the people they are fighting...are better...period.

Look at Nog v Crocop...when they fought in Pride in their fabled "primes"

Now...compare THAT to the people in todays era of the sport? It's black and white. Stark contrast in skill level.

But I can respect Nog and Crocop in a way that I cannot respect Fedor.

Nog and Crocop..have tested themselves against today's best...or at least tried to...they failed...but they made the attempt.

Fedor doesn't have the balls to.

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

... don't you ever get tired of farting from your mouth, I remember when you made a little sense, ... sober up dude :rolleyes:

HW

1. Brock

2. Dos santos

3. Mir

4. Cain

5. Carwin

LHW

1. Shogun

2. Machida

3. Rampage

4. Rashad

5. Bones (I'm being generous, needs to fight the other true top of the division)

Could put anderson in anywhere from 1st to 3rd depending on if he moves up!

I dont think Jones breaks the top 5 yet but JDS is a monster and he moves up to joint 1st with Cain in my book. I know Brock is champ but I just think if he fought Cain or JDS he would lose. I also defo think that the Fedor saga is dead in the water now. No way would he come to the UFC now because he knows the top 5 fighters would destroy him and there goes the legend of Fedor

Would Fedor beat

JDS

CAIN

BROCK

MIR

CARWIN

1. lesnar (might be lower, he was VERY ill, don't know if he will recover well)

2. cain/jds (i cant pick between the two, similar in skill but different styles)

4. mir (brock beat him bad, has to lose cred for that i think)

5. carwin (he looks good, but he looks robotic to me, might be 1 dimensional)

1. machida/shogun (not fanboys of either, i think its fair to place them at a draw until their rematch)

3. jones (wow.... impressed me, his striking is up there with the best, maybe slightly lower because he is so unorthodox. and i think he will control most people)

4. rahsad (close call between him and jones)

5. rampage (i think he might be a bit overrated personally, but then again his record is really good, bar the forrest fight)

1. Cain

2. Dos Santos

3. Carwin

4. Mir

5. Brock

In all honesty.

As for Jones...

1. Shogun

2. Machida

3. Rampage

4. Rashad

5. Jones

Pretty much this exept I'd say that Mir would beat JDS too..

Wow forget about Mir, Brock and Carwin. Jsd and Cain are the top guys in the HW right now.

The list of fighters JSD put away in impressive fashion is amazing: Wedum,Struve,Crocop,Yvel and now Gonzaga.

Cain has beaten Kongo, Rothwell, Nog

Brock deciosened Herring, and then tkoed Coutore and Mir

Mir only beaten Kongo since his last loss

Carwin has one good win and that is Gonzaga

My list:

JDS

Cain

Brock

Mir

Carwin

Nah..Brandon Vera isn't so great..IMO he would lose to Thiago Silva..Forrest Griffin..Rashad Evans..Quinton Jackson..Lil nog..etc.

And to mention that Machida will kill him.

Archived