New, but my opinion

Kalrith

Alright So I am new to UFC boards.. just signed up tonight after watching this fight.. But my opinion.. If anyone cares :)

Irvin shouldnt have fought sakara... Sakara is on top of his gaming.. a strong fighter.. irvin should of had an *easier* fighting for his comeback.... Enough Said..

Kongo had a plan and capitalized... Yes kongo knew he was going against someone with no ground game.. Yes he took advantage of it.. in my opinion kongo proved nothing tonight... if anything he hurt his reputation.. It took him what 7-8 times taking him to the ground to actually do something? try that against Carwin, Mir, Lesner see if they will let you take them down 7-8 times without doing anything...

Jones & Vera fight... I came into this fight wanting to see Jones get knocked out.. only because I don't think he deserves the credit he is getting.. After this fight... Still dont think he deserves the credit he is getting.... I will not try to down talk him or try to disect the fight but when I think about him in the octagon with Machida or Shogun I dont see why people think he can bang at the light heavyweight division...

Granted all of this is coming from someone new to UFC (last 6 months) but tonight's fights didnt change my mind about any of these fighters.. kongo proved that he can't do **** on the ground (too many attempts without damage) and jones proved he isnt ready to be a top contender..

Alright So I am new to UFC boards.. just signed up tonight after watching this fight.. But my opinion.. If anyone cares :)

Irvin shouldnt have fought sakara... Sakara is on top of his gaming.. a strong fighter.. irvin should of had an *easier* fighting for his comeback.... Enough Said..

Kongo had a plan and capitalized... Yes kongo knew he was going against someone with no ground game.. Yes he took advantage of it.. in my opinion kongo proved nothing tonight... if anything he hurt his reputation.. It took him what 7-8 times taking him to the ground to actually do something? try that against Carwin' date=' Mir, Lesner see if they will let you take them down 7-8 times without doing anything...

Jones & Vera fight... I came into this fight wanting to see Jones get knocked out.. only because I don't think he deserves the credit he is getting.. After this fight... Still dont think he deserves the credit he is getting.... I will not try to down talk him or try to disect the fight but when I think about him in the octagon with Machida or Shogun I dont see why people think he can bang at the light heavyweight division...

Granted all of this is coming from someone new to UFC (last 6 months) but tonight's fights didnt change my mind about any of these fighters.. kongo proved that he can't do **** on the ground (too many attempts without damage) and jones proved he isnt ready to be a top contender..[/quote']

If you don't know Irvin then that's too bad he looked awful and Sakara isn't considered a "tough" opponent.

Kongo didn't prove anything but didn't hurt anything either. Buentenllo is a tough as nails dude. I like both those fighters and still do Paul still has my respect.

Jones. Well he's a lot less overrated than Vera that's all I can say. Sky is the limit for the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.

Kongo had a plan and capitalized... Yes kongo knew he was going against someone with no ground game.. Yes he took advantage of it.. in my opinion kongo proved nothing tonight... if anything he hurt his reputation.. It took him what 7-8 times taking him to the ground to actually do something? try that against Carwin' date=' Mir, Lesner see if they will let you take them down 7-8 times without doing anything...

Granted all of this is coming from someone new to UFC (last 6 months) but tonight's fights didnt change my mind about any of these fighters.. kongo proved that he can't do **** on the ground (too many attempts without damage) and jones proved he isnt ready to be a top contender..[/quote']

great post bro, can we be friends?

I just find it funny how Jones gets more credit then JDS does.. JDS can actually bang with carwin/mir... Jones with machida/rua thats laughable..

with this i agree 200% because everyone is looking Past JDS and going straight to Cain when i think JDS is as good as Cain, Who knows about his Ground game he could be great after training with Blackhouse and everyone thinks Jon Jones is going to be a Great after he threw some fancy punches. Although i Like jon jones and JDS equally

Bader won TUF 8. They both look good.

Bader isn't exactly the best with his hands. He just swings and, fortunately for him, he's got heavy hands. He knocks people out but late in the rounds and usually gases out.

Jon is much more dynamic and just better all around.

Bader isn't exactly the best with his hands. He just swings and' date=' fortunately for him, he's got heavy hands. He knocks people out but late in the rounds and usually gases out.

Jon is much more dynamic and just better all around.[/quote']

Oh I like jones better but just responding to the hype of jones has it and bader doesn't get it.

i really agree with the kongo part.

i think he's a big coward.

humiliates himself against real competition, because he is so horrible on the ground. so he gets some slack from the ufc and gets matched with a similar fighter with no ground skills. match makers, kongo fans, buentello fans, casual fans, dana white, all expect a good standup fight, thats probably the main reason it is made.

and kongo puts on that performance, a good performance, owned paul. but it was boring, and showed no SKILL on the ground, he just used his strength to muscle him around, and not hit him that hard (the hits were very hard, but if you have seen kongos other fights... standing he hits incredibly hard, and it is WAAAY better than that ground work). by that i mean, kongo could not do that to any decent grappler. so if kongo does that in the fairer match ups he is in, just give him a grappler to fight every time, and see him on his way soon

and he has a tendency to use land illegal blows, a knee to the head before the first one (was more of a thigh to the head, but that will rattle your brain). and in previous fights he has done things like this

Archived