Beating Gonzaga is no big deal

rhys_ufc

Ok so Cigano had to defeat Napao before he was knowing as a top HW contender? Why is it such a big deal to beat Gonzaga? the guy's had 1 knockout reel finish over an ageing Crop Cop, other than that he beat cans at the start of his career and has done absolutely nothing after the Crop Cop knockout.

So why did Dos Santos have to defeat Gonzaga before being respected amongst the top heavyweights?

Ok so Cigano had to defeat Napao before he was knowing as a top HW contender? Why is it such a big deal to beat Gonzaga? the guy's had 1 knockout reel finish over an ageing Crop Cop' date=' other than that he beat cans at the start of his career and has done absolutely nothing after the Crop Cop knockout.

So why did Dos Santos have to defeat Gonzaga before being respected amongst the top heavyweights?[/quote']

He should have been respected before that. Werdum, Crocop,Yvel, Struve all finishes and now Gonzaga.

No one else has putten away Gonzaga so easily before.

Gonzaga to me was the biggest test for JDS. I was blown away that JDS dominated the way he did. Im not on his bandwaggon, but he is for real. I still think he needs to win another big fight before he gets in the title picture (seriously) though. Maybe a guy like Kongo who has developed a ground game (eventhough it wasnt that great, still developed it).

Except Carwin

But he was getting beat up before putting him away while JSD wasnt. Seriously Carwin only has one good win and that is Gonzaga. I beat JSD or Cain would go through his other opponents just as fastly. JSD has a much better record than Carwin and so does Cain.

Gonzaga to me was the biggest test for JDS. I was blown away that JDS dominated the way he did. Im not on his bandwaggon' date=' but he is for real. I still think he needs to win another big fight before he gets in the title picture (seriously) though. Maybe a guy like Kongo who has developed a ground game (eventhough it wasnt that great, still developed it).[/quote']

So he is not in the title picture for you yet? If things were fair, he should be fighting Cain for the right to face Brock IMO. And I dont know about Napao being his biggest test so far. He looks great against cans but does bad against relevant fighters (except CroCop). What about Werdum. He has beaten Gonzaga twice and Cigano destroyed him in his octagon debut. Dont mean to antagonize with you, I just dont share your point of view.

Gonzaga to me was the biggest test for JDS. I was blown away that JDS dominated the way he did. Im not on his bandwaggon' date=' but he is for real. I still think he needs to win another big fight before he gets in the title picture (seriously) though. Maybe a guy like Kongo who has developed a ground game (eventhough it wasnt that great, still developed it).[/quote']

Dos Santos would destroy Kongo, he's to active for him, Cigano would finish him in the first round.

I'm not even a Dos Santos fan but the guy is legit.

So he is not in the title picture for you yet? If things were fair' date=' he should be fighting Cain for the right to face Brock IMO. And I dont know about Napao being his biggest test so far. He looks great against cans but does bad against relevant fighters (except CroCop). What about Werdum. He has beaten Gonzaga twice and Cigano destroyed him in his octagon debut. Dont mean to antagonize with you, I just dont share your point of view.[/quote']

What I meant was that he shouldnt be given one for his next fight. I should have said that. He is obviously in the picture, but not the current one. Is that better?

Dos Santos would destroy Kongo' date=' he's to active for him, Cigano would finish him in the first round.

I'm not even a Dos Santos fan but the guy is legit.[/quote']

Youre right, but if Kongo pulls the same thing on Cigano like Buentello, he could get a headache. Granted it was Buentello, but he looked great with the wrestling.

Maybe give JDS the loser of Mir v Carwin?

So he is not in the title picture for you yet? If things were fair' date=' he should be fighting Cain for the right to face Brock IMO. And I dont know about Napao being his biggest test so far. He looks great against cans but does bad against relevant fighters (except CroCop). What about Werdum. He has beaten Gonzaga twice and Cigano destroyed him in his octagon debut. Dont mean to antagonize with you, I just dont share your point of view.[/quote']

I agree. Cain is already in the title picture and the only impressive win he has is over Nog. While JDS might not have fought (to some people) a big name like that, he has still been the more impressive fighter. He should have already been in the title picture. This fight did nothing for him in my eyes. Where do you put him now? Basically the same place he was.

Who else is left for him to beat to be "title worthy'? Why is Cain so deserving and not JDS? That makes no sense.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

Ok so Cigano had to defeat Napao before he was knowing as a top HW contender? Why is it such a big deal to beat Gonzaga? the guy's had 1 knockout reel finish over an ageing Crop Cop' date=' other than that he beat cans at the start of his career and has done absolutely nothing after the Crop Cop knockout.

So why did Dos Santos have to defeat Gonzaga before being respected amongst the top heavyweights?[/quote']

Why so much hate??

Have you ever watched one Gonzaga fight??

Probably not.

So go watch his fights, look at his record, and post a SMART thread. Then I MAYBE can take my time to answer you.

FUC*K YOU TROLL!!!

What I meant was that he shouldnt be given one for his next fight. I should have said that. He is obviously in the picture' date=' but not the current one. Is that better?

Youre right, but if Kongo pulls the same thing on Cigano like Buentello, he could get a headache. Granted it was Buentello, but he looked great with the wrestling.

Maybe give JDS the loser of Mir v Carwin?[/quote']

Thats exactly who i would give JDS, it's what he deserves.

Why so much hate??

Have you ever watched one Gonzaga fight??

Probably not.

So go watch his fights' date=' look at his record, and post a SMART thread. Then I MAYBE can take my time to answer you.

FUC*K YOU TROLL!!![/quote']

LOL i don't what your answer, it's fine.

WTF?!?!?!?!

He beated WAY more formidable opponents than Cain AND Frank Mir after his lost..he just needed to solidify himself as a contender so he fought Gonzaga...I think he deserves a title shot more than any of the HW contenders.

Don't tell me this is a troll...

Archived