Jump to content

How bad is vera hurt?


MotorCityNova

Recommended Posts

by the looks it seems like he may have gotten at leats a fracture or very very bad contusion ... broken orbital would be sad .. dont wish that on anyone cause that is career ending .. hopefully he recovers and does well in strikeforce ..lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seriously I hope he has broken something! No fighter in the ufc gives up or a good bump on the head! It's not hey I tagged you first, it's fight to the death if your a true warrior! On the other hand if it is broken I 100% agree with vera's decision to give up not being able to control the new location of his eye. He was looking really good on the ground with the sliding upkicks from his back. Too bad he should have know better that Jones only throws elbows in every single fight he has had. Please grab someone's wrists then turn your forearm in and throw the elbow! Come on did he even train actively for this top contender "the second coming of jesus"! Enough said

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The sound went through me it sounded like major pain being delt out

 

I've heard that his face is possibly broken in 2-3 places around the eye' date='cheek area.[/quote']

 

that sound was bone breaking face I guess :eek:

 

anyone else have a headache just thinking about that elbow?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jones honestly needs to calm down with those elbows' date=' this is the second fighter he seriously hurt.

 

You're supposed to show a form of restraint when fighting in the octagon, if not, we might as well have all BJJ experts start shattering bones left and right.[/quote']

 

Completley Disagree. You cannot go half hearted into any fight, otherwise you can end up hurt yourself

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jones honestly needs to calm down with those elbows' date=' this is the second fighter he seriously hurt.

 

You're supposed to show a form of restraint when fighting in the octagon, if not, we might as well have all BJJ experts start shattering bones left and right.[/quote']

 

You have to go into any combat arena with the understanding that there is the potential you could come out maimed or not come out alive.

 

Jones' elbows are fine. You do what it takes to legally end the fight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fair enough' date=' all fighters should head into the ring with a killer's intent.

 

I'm sure MMA will last long with that mentality.[/quote']

 

How long have you been watching MMA? At least 95% of these guys go into the octagon with a killer's intent. And do you know what happens to the other 5%? They have no business in the sport because everyone else wants it more than them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fair enough' date=' all fighters should head into the ring with a killer's intent.

 

I'm sure MMA will last long with that mentality.[/quote']

 

All sports have referees for a reason. MMA is no different.

 

You never leave it up to the athletes to self-regulate, that takes away from the intensity of their approach. That is to say that this may be their last day as a professional or even alive, so give this fight absolutely everything you have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...