Did anyone see JDS flaws?

coldrish

So i watched the Jds vs Gonzaga fight a good fight and' date=' Jds was impressive but when Gonzaga got him down he turned and gave his back granted it worked against Gonzaga he would get smached if he did that against Carwin Lesnar or even Mir[/quote']

He did pop back up pretty quick with Gonzaga but i'm not sure he's going to have that same ability with Cain or Lesnar. As far as Mir he's going to need to get JDS to the ground first and Mir's not known to be able to shoot well. I honestly am starting to think JDS will be able to stand with whoever he wants so the key is putting this kid on his back. He seems pretty damn strong though!

So i watched the Jds vs Gonzaga fight a good fight and' date=' Jds was impressive but when Gonzaga got him down he turned and gave his back granted it worked against Gonzaga he would get smached if he did that against Carwin Lesnar or even Mir[/quote']

He did show his back, but he was much faster than Gonzaga , and Gonzaga failed to take advantage of that. he was close ot him he could have attempted to get a hook in and keep him down, but he did not.

Flaws yeah I guess you could say his BJJ and Wrestling. But really he seems fast enough to get back up when theres a 254lb Gonzaga on his back. But Gabe is more a Top BJJ guy not a take down guy so I think if he fights Cain it will show his weakness, That being Said Cain's punchin is sh*ty so JDS may just do what Kongo did to him except finish him.

On JDS vs Cain im picking JDS via KO r2

He has flaws and they will come out when he fights the loser of Mir v Carwin. To me that makes the most sense right now. Cain is patiently waiting for his shot (that he has earned) so Cain is out of the JDS picture for now. Maybe Kongo with his new basic, but effective wrestling and GNP.

Dos Santos is now 5-0 in the UFC all against respectable names, all by KO/TKO. All his opponents however, have all chosen to stand with him, and none have shot for the take down (albeit Gonzaga once to little effect) and none of his opponents were wrestlers. Gurenteed you put JDS against Cain or Brock and they will not only shoot, but take him down and smother him on the ground.

Ill say it again, JDS has yet to face a true wrestler.. and guys with great stand up have been exposed by wrestlers for years. Chael on Marquardt, Cain on Kongo, Lesnar on Mir, Rashad on Thiago, GSP on everyone.

Gurenteed you put JDS against a wrestler and we will see what type of mixed martial artist he is, with all due respect.

JDS is too light to fight the top contenders (or the champion). He will have to bulk up to 260 to stop main guys's wrestling.

He is 235, pure muscle.

If he puts more weight he is going to be more slower. Right now his weight is perfect, he is strong, fast, and very much skilled.

He doesn't have any flaws on his game, at least none were exposed in his fights so far.

He has flaws and they will come out when he fights the loser of Mir v Carwin. To me that makes the most sense right now. Cain is patiently waiting for his shot (that he has earned) so Cain is out of the JDS picture for now. Maybe Kongo with his new basic' date=' but effective wrestling and GNP.[/quote']

So Cain has earned a shot and JDS hasn't? That makes no sense. Cain has one impressive win over a fighter who is arguably past his prime. JDS is by far the more impressive fighter of the two and has finished all of his fights and yet Cain is more deserving? Why hasn't JDS "earned" a title shot? Who else does he have to beat? And why shouldn't Cain have to beat someone else to solidify his spot for a title shot?

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

I think think JDS and CAIN should fight because they both are still very well rested, i think that they should fight between the time mir and carwin fight for the interim title and the time that the interim champ faces off against brock, and then the winner of jds vs cain gets the winner of the interim vs champ fight.

Sure.

Mir gets to fight Wes Sims for his first shot.

Lesnar gets to fight Heath Herring for his first shot.

JDS has to defeat a whole string of top fights?

Why?

Is he the wrong color or something?

Because the division sucked badly in those days prior to JDS, Cain, Lesnar, Carwin, etc. Now any of these guys are top competition.

I think they both have proven something in their last fights...which gives both of the great moves towards the top, if this was a righteous world they would fight each to claim the number 1 contender stop BUT since they wont happen cain will most likely get the loser of the mir/carwin fight and JDS will prolly fight kongo (a big step downward) or maybe Kimbo/ meathead winner (haha Joke..)...either way you look at it since they wont fight each other someone will have to fight someone a step down and hope it turns out the best since there isnt any other top contender right now...

I think him showing his back was just a classic case of a slip-up by a young fighter. You have to remember, JDS hasn't seen the ground in the Octagon so he was probably a little nervous and caught off-guard so he made a mistake. I'm still confident that he can probably handle his own on the ground. I mean the man trains with the Nogs, Silva, and Munoz, all of whom have very proficient knowledge of ground game. When it boils down to it, jiu-jitsu has two uses in MMA. The first is obviously to submit, but the second is utilizing BJJ to get back to the feet once taken down. We all know that JDS has some of the most impressive hands in the UFC, so if he can just use his BJJ training to keep the fight standing, then this kid is gonna be relevant for a lonnnnnng time.

Well, I think everyone has flaws and we can find them in all fighters. JDS is still a purple belt in BJJ so he will improve for sure. On that note...l have liked this kid since I saw him fight a very good Werdum but I was still hanging off of his wagon. I am on that wagon now and will stay on it. I do think that he will still lose to Lesnar and that is not because I am a Lesnar fan but I feel that they both have great speed and that Lesnar will be able to get JDS to the ground and keep him there. Lesnar has shown he can keep a great BJJ on the ground. I think Carwin has the best shot at Lesnar right now and I think that JDS is going to be a future champion. He is awesome. Jon Jones is impressive as well and I have liked him since Bonner but damn this kid is good and if he keeps a level had and does not ever think that he is the best he will be the next champion that hangs on to the belt for awhile.

The heavy division is so good now.

I am having a hard time choosing who to cheer for! I really like both JDS and Gonz. I hope Gonz doesn't go anywhere, he is still a great HW.

The only HW I cheer against is Mir, and boy do I love cheering against him. I wish he fought every month!!!

He has flaws and they will come out when he fights the loser of Mir v Carwin. To me that makes the most sense right now. Cain is patiently waiting for his shot (that he has earned) so Cain is out of the JDS picture for now. Maybe Kongo with his new basic' date=' but effective wrestling and GNP.[/quote']

I dont think JDS should be fighting anybody other than Cain, Carwin or Mir. If he fights Kongo and beats his ****, people are still gonna be saying he hasnt fought the top guys, nobody has put him on his back, etc.

Thing is that the winner of Mir-Carwin faces Lesnar and the looser faces JDS. I like that. But what does Cain do, wait a bunch of months until the champ (whoever that may be) can defend his title? Wouldnt that be too long a wait? I think he could and almost should fight JDS for the next shot at the title. I dont see how Cain deserves the shot more than JDS.

Dos Santos is now 5-0 in the UFC all against respectable names' date=' all by KO/TKO. All his opponents however, have all chosen to stand with him, and none have shot for the take down (albeit Gonzaga once to little effect) and none of his opponents were wrestlers. Gurenteed you put JDS against Cain or Brock and they will not only shoot, but take him down and smother him on the ground.

Ill say it again, JDS has yet to face a true wrestler.. and guys with great stand up have been exposed by wrestlers for years. Chael on Marquardt, Cain on Kongo, Lesnar on Mir, Rashad on Thiago, GSP on everyone.

Gurenteed you put JDS against a wrestler and we will see what type of mixed martial artist he is, with all due respect.[/quote']

I'll have to agree with this..even though I think JDS can beat Cain.

He is 235' date=' pure muscle.

If he puts more weight he is going to be more slower. Right now his weight is perfect, he is strong, fast, and very much skilled.

He doesn't have any flaws on his game, at least none were exposed in his fights so far.[/quote']

I have the same opinion..you just explained it better.

So Cain has earned a shot and JDS hasn't? That makes no sense. Cain has one impressive win over a fighter who is arguably past his prime. JDS is by far the more impressive fighter of the two and has finished all of his fights and yet Cain is more deserving? Why hasn't JDS "earned" a title shot? Who else does he have to beat? And why shouldn't Cain have to beat someone else to solidify his spot for a title shot?

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

I know right..I've been trying to tell people that all along.

Well' date=' I think everyone has flaws and we can find them in all fighters. [b']JDS is still a purple belt in BJJ [/b]so he will improve for sure. On that note...l have liked this kid since I saw him fight a very good Werdum but I was still hanging off of his wagon. I am on that wagon now and will stay on it. I do think that he will still lose to Lesnar and that is not because I am a Lesnar fan but I feel that they both have great speed and that Lesnar will be able to get JDS to the ground and keep him there. Lesnar has shown he can keep a great BJJ on the ground. I think Carwin has the best shot at Lesnar right now and I think that JDS is going to be a future champion. He is awesome. Jon Jones is impressive as well and I have liked him since Bonner but damn this kid is good and if he keeps a level had and does not ever think that he is the best he will be the next champion that hangs on to the belt for awhile.

Purple belt?? What are you talking about?? He's a brown belt under BJJ.

Dos Santos is now 5-0 in the UFC all against respectable names' date=' all by KO/TKO. All his opponents however, have all chosen to stand with him, and none have shot for the take down (albeit Gonzaga once to little effect) and none of his opponents were wrestlers. Gurenteed you put JDS against Cain or Brock and they will not only shoot, but take him down and smother him on the ground.

Gurenteed you put JDS against a wrestler and we will see what type of mixed martial artist he is, with all due respect.[/quote']

A valid statement, JDS really hasn't been tested by anyone with superior wrestling ability, however you have to admit giving Gonzaga, a more than proven bjj black belt, your back has to suggest at certain level of confidence in ones own ability (or maybe overconfidence, but hey it worked!).

And really, why not give him a shot at the belt, his run through the HW division has been far more impressive than Dan Hardy's has been through the WW division and Dana White saw it fit to allow that match up (ya ya i know marketing and what not), even though Hardy has never really been tested by anyone with significant wrestling ability. I mean hell he knocked out one guy (who isn't even top 10) and apparently he's got the heavist hands in the division, if we use that equation where does that put JDS? Just food for thought.

Archived