Rank UFC's first Versus event.

Brent555

Ahh... 7.5

Mainly because it was free.

Too many commercials' date=' not much action, weird ending to a lot of the fights.

Had its moments though.[/quote']

True, for a free card it was very nice. The card was stacked pretty good, but the fights just weren't overly entertaining or competitive.

I gave it a 7. Fights were good, card was good. Just too many commercials for my liking. They could have thrown in another undercard fight or 2 instead of a million commercials. It's all good though I'm not complaining because it was a free event.

For a free card, it was great.

This free card (on paper) was better than several of these more recent PPV's.

There were a bunch of weird endings and decisions.

Kongo v Buentello SHOULD have been a standup slug fest. But...it wasnt...

I wish they had restarted the Irvin fight...but...eh..

It's the nature of the sport....weird thngs happen...

But Dos Santos and Jones...the big draws...lived up to the billing..

Cheers

-DR

5. Few good fights. The first 2 were boring. Too many commericals. They should of used that time to show Schaub's or Guida's fights.

Yea, definitely should have shown Schuab's. We followed the lives of these guys for weeks during TUF so we should get to watch their UFC fights as well, especially since he won in devastating fashion.

Agreed..I felt it went by super fast as well.

I wonder what the total "fight time" for the evening was?

Cheers

-DR

I turned on the tv at 8:30 because the channel I watched it on had UFC unleashed beforehand so I watched from 9-10:30 between the miriad of commercials from the fights I did see (which was all but it didn't feel like it)...every fight seemed to end in the first round besides the Kongo/Buentello fight...maybe I missed a fight going to the bathroom...

idk what to think. If voting was ran just on how the program was run i'd give it about a 3, far too many commercials it was just a disaster.

This was a weird ufc event. lots of ref stoppages for points etc then the so called competitive matchups were completely one sided. im not complaining about the 3 knockouts it was awesome it just had a lot of strange moments

Liked the fight card, but too many commercials. I'd prefer it to be on spike because I think spike is a more common channel, so more people would see it. Didn't like the crazy outcome on two or three of the fights, but vs can't be blamed for that. Thought they should have showed the Clay Guida fight. Any idea how he did btw?

Liked the fight card' date=' but too many commercials. I'd prefer it to be on spike because I think spike is a more common channel, so more people would see it. Didn't like the crazy outcome on two or three of the fights, but vs can't be blamed for that. Thought they should have showed the Clay Guida fight. Any idea how he did btw?[/quote']

ye guida got sub of the night arm triangle

agreed, not enough fights shown from the card on versus, too many commercials. really wanted to see guida fight again. weird endings with irvin going down, vera losing on elbow & kongo refusing to stand & slug it out/

but i am not complaining. nice little free card.

can't wait for saturday with the 111 prelims(Matt Brown & Nate Diaz) fights being shown on Spike. thems my boys.

This is a ranking for the total package. The card' date=' the fights, too many commercials, whatever. Just rate the event from 1-10. (Please guys don't try to compare it to a PPV, remember it is free.)[/quote']

The card: 10

The action: 8

Sometimes the action just does not pan out like it might have. Bones and JDS fights delivered!

I am not going to ding them on comercials. If the advertisers would fight for a time slot the way they do for NFL, we could all watch GSP and Spider for free!

Overall 9

Archived