Jones' Chin

DarkReflection

That illegal upkick that Vera landed..was SOLID!

And Jones took it in stride...

I think this makes Jones even more interesting now that we know he's got a chin....a solid one at that.

Did anyone else get pissed off and bolt up from their couch as well when Vera threw the SECOND one?

Thankfully it didn't land...but stuff like that...makes me hope the guy playing dirty DOES get hurt. So when Jones cracked Vera in the skull with the elbow..I was thinking..."That's what you get for being a ******."

Thoughts?

Cheers

-DR

I didn't know the ref could start them back in their position to begin with.

It would have all been avoided if it was just a "Okay' date=' stand up and fight".[/quote']

Yes he can, the other match I remember this was Couture vs. Gonzaga.

Gonzaga complained he couldn't see they gave him a minute then put him right back in the same position he was before the stoppage.

Also DR I know what you mean I felt bad for Paul except when he intentionally put his hand down the 2nd time. (knees to the head of downed opponent)

Yes he can' date=' the other match I remember this was Couture vs. Gonzaga.

Gonzaga complained he couldn't see they gave him a minute then put him right back in the same position he was before the stoppage.

[b']Also DR I know what you mean I felt bad for Paul except when he intentionally put his hand down the 2nd time. (knees to the head of downed opponent)[/b]

Yeah I was pissed at Kongo too for similar reasons in that fight as well.

I just don't like the dirty stuff..intentional eyepokes *cough* koscheck *cough*...intentional low blows...etc...

It just pissed me off. I want to see a fair fight...prove you are the best...because you are the best. Not because you hurt the guy so he couldn't perform up to his full potential.

Let me take Anderson Silva...poke both his eyes...knee him in the head...and punch him in the junk 5 times...and then immediately send him in there against Clay Guida...and Guida would have a shot..

*chuckle*

Cheers sir

-DR

I think this makes Jones even more interesting now that we know he's got a chin....a solid one at that.

Did anyone else get pissed off and bolt up from their couch as well when Vera threw the SECOND one?

Thankfully it didn't land...but stuff like that...makes me hope the guy playing dirty DOES get hurt. So when Jones cracked Vera in the skull with the elbow..I was thinking..."That's what you get for being a ******."

Thoughts?

Cheers

-DR

i thought he was going for a triangle with the second one. could be wrong.

vera wasnt fighting dirty.what it looked lik was vera was trying for a triangle or a arm bar an tryed throwing his legs up an get somthin but jones was a little to tall an had a good base so couldnt get his lets up to were he wanted them i don think he was figthing dirty an idk if his chin was tested i been up kicked like that an it doesnt hurt to bad an it was kinda slightly to the side were the up kick hit so idk about jones chin yet

To me the first up kick was questionable but when you go for a second one you messed up. It would suck to see a fight end on a dirty strike. However I thought Jon Jones ran his mouth a little before the fight and it kinds took away from what my perception of what I feel his character was, We need to stop talkin' about his chin and start talkin about his mouth ha ha it was just weird that he broke into all this trash talk because it makes me think that he hasn't been sincrere in the past when he was so humble and nice

To me the first up kick was questionable but when you go for a second one you messed up. It would suck to see a fight end on a dirty strike. However I thought Jon Jones ran his mouth a little before the fight and it kinds took away from what my perception of what I feel his character was' date=' We need to stop talkin' about his chin and start talkin about his mouth ha ha it was just weird that he broke into all this trash talk because it makes me think that he hasn't been sincrere in the past when he was so humble and nice[/quote']

what trash talk...

I think Bones Jones is a great fighter, and so far from what I've seen, he's got the right attitude. He is freakishly close to being the total package already. I just want to see someone test his defense on the ground, and if he passes that, I'll be totally convinced he'll be the champ as soon as Mr. White gives him a chance.

hah yea jones' been reading the rule book after the hammil fight, that kick hit, and a few seconds later it clicked, heey that was illegal. wonder if his jaw lined up properly afterwards hah

the second kick tho, wasn't jones in a squatting type position, standing on just his feet as he postured up (legal). i didn't rewind as i was streaming it on the net tho

To me the first up kick was questionable but when you go for a second one you messed up. It would suck to see a fight end on a dirty strike. However I thought Jon Jones ran his mouth a little before the fight and it kinds took away from what my perception of what I feel his character was' date=' We need to stop talkin' about his chin and start talkin about his mouth ha ha it was just weird that he broke into all this trash talk because it makes me think that he hasn't been sincrere in the past when he was so humble and nice[/quote']

you talk some crap , jones ran his mouth so what .

I think Bones Jones is a great fighter' date=' and so far from what I've seen, he's got the right attitude. He is freakishly close to being the total package already. I just want to see someone test his defense on the ground, and if he passes that, I'll be totally convinced he'll be the champ as soon as Mr. White gives him a chance.[/quote']

totaly agree dude

Thoughts?

Cheers

-DR

Haha, I thought this actually, that upkick barely phased him. And yes, I yelled out in a high-pitched voice similar to Rogan's in disbelief when Vera did it again.

yea Vera isnt a dirtyh fighter he was trying his best to make a quick move for a triangle or arm bar cuz trust me with the power in Veras legs if he would of intentionally upkicked Jones it would of been a replay of Anderson Silva at Rumble at The Rock. It was an accident Vera has never fought dirty but id love to see a rematch between these two im a vera fan and he just got caught with that elbow it doesnt take away from how good Vera is i think he just might need a new camp id love to see him at Big Nog camp

Exactly.

I think he's referring solely to Jones' weigh-in antics

actually he is probably reffering to the brandon vera tellin bones that talkin **** like that can get some ones career ended in a night,with that kinda **** talk, but any way jones is going to be huge. all tho that up kick didnt tesst his chin, u wnnna see it testedi say Jones vs griffin he wld for sure get his chin tested.

actually he is probably reffering to the brandon vera tellin bones that talkin **** like that can get some ones career ended in a night' date='with that kinda **** talk, but any way jones is going to be huge. all tho that up kick didnt tesst his chin, u wnnna see it testedi say Jones vs griffin he wld for sure get his chin tested.[/quote']

I disagree, Forrest is way to slow for Jones. Jones is not goign to stand in front of him and get hit, he comes from all angles. Forrest to me looks like he is almost punching in slow motion. I like Forrest and all, but this is true.

Thoughts?

Cheers

-DR

I thought he should have thrown a third one.

actually he is probably reffering to the brandon vera tellin bones that talkin **** like that can get some ones career ended in a night' date='with that kinda **** talk, but any way jones is going to be huge. all tho that up kick didnt tesst his chin,[b'] u wnnna see it testedi say Jones vs griffin he wld for sure get his chin tested.
[/b]

Really? Who did Forrest knock out? I wasn't aware of this alleged one-punch knockout power of his.

Archived