The next possible step for Dos Santos

ufcknockoutnut

I believe if the winner of the Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin emerges uninjured and faces Brock Lesnar next . Then the obvious choice for the Dos Santos would be to fight Cain velasquez for the next challenger in line for a title shot. although this would be a tough match for me because both of these guys are in my top ten favorites. i think it would be a very exciting and interesting fight.

so what do you guys think?

I believe if the winner of the Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin emerges uninjured and faces Brock Lesnar next . Then the obvious choice for the Dos Santos would be to fight Cain velasquez for the next challenger in line for a title shot. although this would be a tough match for me because both of these guys are in my top ten favorites. i think it would be a very exciting and interesting fight.

so what do you guys think?

They wont put the two young lions in the octogon together until there is no other possible choice. Cain will probably sit back and wait for his shot. Cigano will probably fight the loser of the Mir v Carwin fight, or Kongo. Thats what Im seeing right now.

#1 Brock Lesnar

(Fights winner between Frank Mir vs Shane Carwin)

#2 Frank Mir

(UFC 111 against Shane Carwin)

#3 Shane Carwin

(UFC 111 against Frank Mir)

#4 Cain Velazquez

(Gets the winner from Mir/Carwin vs Brock Lesnar for the title)

#5 Junior Dos Santos

(Gets loser from Frank Mir and Shane Carwin)

(If victorious in this bout emerging as #1 top contender in HW)

Cain - deserves a title shot ASAP

Dos - deserves a title shot ASAP

them fighting each other is pointless

They both deserve a title shot more than Mir, who has just been beaten badly by the current champ, and since then only defeated one guy, Kongo, who might not even be in the top-10 of the division anymore.

Kongo is a huge step down' date=' to me JDS vs. Cain seems like the logical choice in this situation. plus this fight was already hyped up by Joe Rogan before Cigano won[/quote']

agree there, kongo is or should be way down in the ranks still,he wasnt that impressive imo.

cain & JDS are not going to meet yet i dont think,but on another note i cant see anyone else worthy enough for them to fight,except the lose of mir/carwin

looking at the heavyweights there is nobody thats close to the level of either cain/JDS

i dont think cain rdy to be at the top just yet, i see him taking the loser of mir/carwin and JDS taking the loser of brocks next fight.

but if JDS did fight cain he could always avenge nogs loss :)

Cain Velasquez vs. dos Santos may seem logical but when you think about it, it's almost nonsensical. These two are the future of the heavyweight division and you're putting one out of contention (at least temporarily) with a loss. There isn't a long line of challengers for the belt right now so the UFC needs to be smart about it. Cain should get the next shot and JDS should get the loser of Mir/Carwin. If he passes that test then he can get the next shot.

Ya Know. I don't know why everyone is juming of the Mir bandwago. I understand he lost but I do think he's better now. Besides I think he'll beat Carwin. Plus he can beat Brock (no Im not delusional). To get to the point, I'd rather see Mir v Dos Santos then Brock v Dos Santos. While I think Cain could be tough for Mir but Mir could win that matchup as well and I'd like to see both. Getting rid of Brock as champion I think makes for beter matchups. IMO.

agree or disagree.

Cain - deserves a title shot ASAP

Dos - deserves a title shot ASAP

them fighting each other is pointless

They both deserve a title shot more than Mir' date=' who has just been beaten badly by the current champ, and since then only defeated one guy, Kongo, who might not even be in the top-10 of the division anymore.[/quote']

I feel the same thing you feel man.

I have the ufc have got themselves in a sticky situation. You dont want to put JDS vs Cain as it ruins any further title challengers. Other then them two there is no others close to a title shot so it would be stupid to pit themselves against each other. The problem is the heavyweight isnt a stacked division, the good guys are good and the others are mediocre. I think it would be stupid giving JDS the loser of Carwin vs Mir as if they beat JDS there straight back in with a title shot after Cain. The ufc needs to steal a few strikeforce heavies or something otherwise there just going to do the same as usual. Overhype a mediocre fight like Cain vs Rothwell( was a step down from Kongo). The irony is JDS needs to face a wrestler before brock to see his ground game and take down defense, and Cain needs to face a good striker with good take down defense but the two should not meet yet.

The ****ty thing is that damn interm belt. In a perfect world, Cain gets Lesner in July or when ever he comes back. JDS gets the winner of Mir/Carwin for the next title shot after Cain.

Sadly that Interm Title just throws everything out of whack. Even if the winner of Mir/Carwin isn't ready to go in time for Lesners return do to the quick turn around and Cain gets first crack, interm belt holder will still get the next shot. Leaves JDS as the odd man fighting either someone coming off a loss or a lesser ranked guy.

Archived