Thailand and Muay Thai

shrimp_jao

Has anyone here actually traveled to Thailand to specifically train Muay Thai?

There is a great thread on Sherdog in k-1 Kickboxing forum filled with an abundance of information about the best gyms available for training. Apparantley many people on that forum (k1 fans) are pretty seasoned vets when it comes to training in Thailand.

So again my question is - has anyone here on the UFC forum ever been to Thailand?

Definitely something I would love to do in the near future.

Has anyone here actually traveled to Thailand to specifically train Muay Thai?

There is a great thread on Sherdog in k-1 Kickboxing forum filled with an abundance of information about the best gyms available for training. Apparantley many people on that forum (k1 fans) are pretty seasoned vets when it comes to training in Thailand.

So again my question is - has anyone here on the UFC forum ever been to Thailand?

Definitely something I would love to do in the near future.

Ive been there but not for mauy thai training. I watched it there and there are a lot of white boys getting beat up.

You could probably train there for peanuts. You can live there for $400 a month easily.

Yeah, I've been to Thailand many times.

I trained Muai Thai there. I train BJJ only in Brazil, judo in Japan, sambo in Russia and wrestling in Greece. You got to be a total n00b not to go to a specific country where a particular martial art originated to train it.

Yeah' date=' I've been to Thailand many times.

I trained Muai Thai there. I train BJJ only in Brazil, judo in Japan, sambo in Russia and wrestling in Greece. [b']You got to be a total n00b not to go to a specific country where a particular martial art originated to train it.

[/b]

Considering that probably 90% of UFC fighters have never trained in Thailand or Brazil (not including Brazilians,) I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or lying. If it's sarcasm, I apologize, but ask that you make it more obvious.

Yeah' date=' I've been to Thailand many times.

I trained Muai Thai there. I train BJJ only in Brazil, judo in Japan, sambo in Russia and wrestling in Greece. You got to be a total n00b not to go to a specific country where a particular martial art originated to train it.[/quote']

You do not need to go to Brazil ... Many Brazilians that are good at BJJ (of course) live in the United States.

Oh, I adore Muay Thai! I'd like to learn =/

Archived