Is Anderson Silva the Man with a Target on his Back?

SpiderBonesFan

I've been watching UFC since it was in the hands of Royce in a tournament format instead of this ranking system where we can't see who is up for shots at a belt instead. I knew when he fought Royce was a great at that time. But when I saw Anderson Silva on his first fight with Chris for free on spike and his style completely neutralized him in great fashion, I knew this was the new master of this domain then. I think it is sad to believe that Anderson is great but his life's goal isn't to beat people down forever into his 40's like other good fighters, instead he plans to go home in a few years and open a Mcdonald's. Great idea when you got the money to open one after taking out everyone in the UFC, but in the mean time what little time he has is being wasted on opponents like Maia coming up in April.

The man got hit like a punching bag and landed out cold on his face in like 10 seconds of the fight against a guy Anderson has already taken out, so WTF UFC!!!!!!!!??? Give him someone good, Like Bones who just hit Vera so hard, I think he will develop issues in the future from that elbow strike last night. WHO WILL BE THE NEXT SACRIFICE TO ANDERSON AFTER MAIA?, SOMEONE ANSWER ME THAT PLEASE!!

I've been watching UFC since it was in the hands of Hoyce in a tournament format instead of this ranking system where we can't see who is up for shots at a belt instead. I knew when he fought Hoyce was a great at that time. But when I saw Anderson Silva on his first fight with Chris for free on spike and his style completely neutralized him in great fashion' date=' I knew this was the new master of this domain then. I think it is sad to believe that Anderson is great but his life's goal isn't to beat people down forever into his 40's like other good fighters, instead he plans to go home in a few years and open a Mcdonald's. Great idea when you got the money to open one after taking out everyone in the UFC, but in the mean time what little time he has is being wasted on opponents like Maia coming up in April.

The man got hit like a punching bag and landed out cold on his face in like 10 seconds of the fight against a guy Anderson has already taken out, so WTF UFC!!!!!!!!??? Give him someone good, Like Bones who just hit Vera so hard, I think he will develop issues in the future from that elbow strike last night. WHO WILL BE THE NEXT SACRIFICE TO ANDERSON AFTER MAIA?, SOMEONE ANSWER ME THAT PLEASE!![/quote']

Royce Gracie was the man back in the day. I think Anderson and Bones woudl be a great fight, but Dana will not allow that to happen because he protects his money maker.

YOu know what he means' date=' come on he is new and you are suppose to be setting a good example.:P[/quote']

You're right. My apology lol

To the OP: It would be good to see Silva fight at LHW, but that can't happen because he is the MW champion and he must defend his belt. And why bash Maia like that? He lost to Nate, so what? Maia has the tools to beat Silva and he is a worthy opponent.

If Silva were to fight at LHW I don't think Bones would be the best for him. Maybe someone higher ranked? Feeding Silva a young prospect like Bones isn't the best idea IMO. Maybe the loser of Rampage/Evans. Or Thiago Silva even.

But for nnow he has to defend his belt and Maia is the guy set to fight. And I see nothing wrong with that. I think Maia is deserving of a title. Maybe not as much as Nate or Hendo. Or I guess Sonnen even.:confused:

But it's not fair to look at Maia as just a walk in the park for Silva. (Even though I'm sure he will be) lol

EDIT: You may consider his last few fights and his upcoming fight with Maia a waste of time, but blame Silva and his managers. He could be fighting top guys at LHW if he wanted to. Drop the belt and move up. He knows there are no more big names/money making opponents at MW (maybe Wandy) so why not just move up a weight class? Then he would be able to fight top level opponents for his last few fights.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

i agree about the little time left bit of your post ive been thinking that myself. if a.silva does only have a few fights left which is widely believed he needs to be fightin the gsp's, machida's, jones or at least go to lhw and take a few of the top guys out. i feel this fight with maia is a bit of a waste of what possibly is the greatest fighter ever and his last few fights

I've been watching UFC since it was in the hands of Hoyce in a tournament format instead of this ranking system where we can't see who is up for shots at a belt instead. I knew when he fought Hoyce was a great at that time. But when I saw Anderson Silva on his first fight with Chris for free on spike and his style completely neutralized him in great fashion' date=' I knew this was the new master of this domain then. I think it is sad to believe that Anderson is great but his life's goal isn't to beat people down forever into his 40's like other good fighters, instead he plans to go home in a few years and open a Mcdonald's. Great idea when you got the money to open one after taking out everyone in the UFC, but in the mean time what little time he has is being wasted on opponents like Maia coming up in April.

The man got hit like a punching bag and landed out cold on his face in like 10 seconds of the fight against a guy Anderson has already taken out, so WTF UFC!!!!!!!!??? Give him someone good, Like Bones who just hit Vera so hard, I think he will develop issues in the future from that elbow strike last night. [b']WHO WILL BE THE NEXT SACRIFICE TO ANDERSON AFTER MAIA?, SOMEONE ANSWER ME THAT PLEASE[/b]!!

Sonnen, Belfort, or one of the top 5 LHW!!!

The man got hit like a punching bag and landed out cold on his face in like 10 seconds of the fight against a guy Anderson has already taken out, so [b']WTF UFC!!!!!!!!??? Give him someone good, Like Bones who just hit Vera so hard, I think he will develop issues in the future from that elbow strike last night.[/b] WHO WILL BE THE NEXT SACRIFICE TO ANDERSON AFTER MAIA?, SOMEONE ANSWER ME THAT PLEASE!!

I don't think you have ever heard of weight classes before..

The man got hit like a punching bag and landed out cold on his face in like 10 seconds of the fight against a guy Anderson has already taken out, so WTF UFC!!!!!!!!??? Give him someone good, Like Bones who just hit Vera so hard, I think he will develop issues in the future from that elbow strike last night. WHO WILL BE THE NEXT SACRIFICE TO ANDERSON AFTER MAIA?, SOMEONE ANSWER ME THAT PLEASE!![/quote']

First of all its Royce, not Hoyce. it sounds like it, but its not. Second of all, the Spider is fighting Maia because Vitor Belfort got injured, and Chael Sonnen is currently under medical suspension. Maia is just the next top contender...

Vitor belfort is the fight people want to see anderson fight will anything else do ?, and to be honest is the best fight fans could hope for, IMO although rogan spouts how it will be a wrestler that will instrement of andersons destruction i am not to sure, yes henderson did well untill he eat a knee and a kick to the face, which ended in him being submitted... chale will be no different ...

one clean kick, knee, elbow,or punch and anyone who faces anderson is either out cold or so dizzy they can't stop his BJJ , this is why anderson is so dangerous.

i agree about the little time left bit of your post ive been thinking that myself. if a.silva does only have a few fights left which is widely believed he needs to be fightin the gsp's' date=' machida's, jones or at least go to lhw and take a few of the top guys out. i feel this fight with maia is a bit of a waste of what possibly is the greatest fighter ever and his last few fights[/quote']

I would pay good money to watch anderson silva end GSP and the hype train which is following him, he may be the best of the little guy's, but he isn't even in andersons league.

To everyone who posted, I was just pointing out the man is great, wants to take a Mcdonald's home after it's done, and Dana is dangling him infront of us with weak people just because it's time for a title defense. He has chased out alot guys into other weight classes other than where he reigns, and he says he wants to be fighting the greats, but is on limited time from what all hype says.

No I am not greatly into UFC but have been watching a long time, sue me for just entering online conversation and not knowing how to spell a foreign name, but everyone knew who I was speaking on, so like the one SENIOR MEMBER said, be nice.

Sonnen' date=' Belfort, or one of the top 5 LHW!!![/quote']

But why does he hold onto a weight class he is too big for, even if he is champ, Rich moved around after losing twice? Everyone likes Anderson as I do for his professionalism, thank god Tito can't fight like him, I'd stop watching if a pitchman for the UFC was a punk. Like I said, I knew the first night he showed up for Chris he was different, I know I am not as knowledgeable as others at this sport but as a fan, I can't see the rankings to make it worth watching every UFC for 50.00 a pop. I want Gold being risked for my money.

To everyone who posted' date=' I was just pointing out the man is great, wants to take a Mcdonald's home after it's done, and Dana is dangling him infront of us with weak people just because it's time for a title defense. He has chased out alot guys into other weight classes other than where he reigns, and he says he wants to be fighting the greats, but is on limited time from what all hype says.

No I am not greatly into UFC but have been watching along time, sue me for just entering online conversation and not knowing how to spell a foreign name, but everyone knew who I was speaking on, so like the one SENIOR MEMBER said, be nice.[/quote']

Dude, Maia isnt a weak fighter. yes he got caught with a flush shot by Nate (Maia's only ever loss), but Nate just got beaten up by Sonnen who Maia took care of in less than a round. If Maia loses, expect either Chael or Vitor (if fit) to get the shot. If not, I can see Anderson getting a decent opponent at LHW

Dude' date=' Maia isnt a weak fighter. yes he got caught with a flush shot by Nate (Maia's only ever loss), but Nate just got beaten up by Sonnen who Maia took care of in less than a round. If Maia loses, expect either Chael or Vitor (if fit) to get the shot. If not, I can see Anderson getting a decent opponent at LHW[/quote']

Maia's takedowns and Striking are nothing special. His Judo is good and his BJJ is top level. That being said... Silva will knock out Maia. I cannot see Maia getting Silva where he wants him and even if he does, Silva is no joke on the ground and has the defense to get up.

Dude' date=' Maia isnt a weak fighter. yes he got caught with a flush shot by Nate (Maia's only ever loss), but Nate just got beaten up by Sonnen who Maia took care of in less than a round. If Maia loses, expect either Chael or Vitor (if fit) to get the shot. If not, I can see Anderson getting a decent opponent at LHW[/quote']

He got caught jumping in to Nate, his reflexes aren't par for what Anderson is packing, I believe he is part spider, bordering on pre-cog.(LOL) He put his fists down after the minute he needs to figure you out and then called out Forrest to just try to hit him, we saw what happened next and I think Anderson did get ****y to show people different when people said he was laying off in previous fights. Anderson will hurt him if he is even capable of being hit like Nate did him. How many good punches did he avoid against Forrest?

But why does he hold onto a weight class he is too big for' date=' even if he is champ, Rich moved around after losing twice? Everyone likes Anderson as I do for his professionalism, thank god Tito can't fight like him, I'd stop watching if a pitchman for the UFC was a punk. Like I said, I knew the first night he showed up for Chris he was different, I know I am not as knowledgeable as others at this sport but as a fan, I can't see the rankings to make it worth watching every [b']UFC for 50.00 a pop.[/b] I want Gold being risked for my money.

u can save some dough by hitting up a bar or something, I never buy the PPVs...cheaper to go somewhere...

Maia's takedowns and Striking are nothing special. His Judo is good and his BJJ is top level. That being said... Silva will knock out Maia. I cannot see Maia getting Silva where he wants him and even if he does' date=' Silva is no joke on the ground and has the defense to get up.[/quote']

Listen, I have Anderson winning the fight, and yes Maia isnt going to trouble anyone with his standup. All I was highlighting is that Maia isnt a "weak" opponent.

But for me, Fedor aside, The Spider is the greatest fighter in the world.

u can save some dough by hitting up a bar or something' date=' I never buy the PPVs...cheaper to go somewhere...[/quote']

true but i have friends come over in our little small oklahoma community and watch dudes get jacked like vera did, that sounded like a baseball bat hitting concrete on the broad side very hard. We wager beers on fights, came out with 2 cases last week on santos and bones, along with others, only misjudged clay guida

I think its a little more difficult than everyone imagines for Silva to go to LHW and start fighting the best in that class. It should be a more casual move. start at the bottom and move to the top. I do think its funny how he destroyed Ervin and Griffin. Silva is my fav fighter but i think he would have a tough time with Machida. Even someone like Evans, which i dont like, would give him a good fight. Silva can fight off wrestlers in the MW division but to go to LHW and take on good fighters with great wrestling ability will be a huge jump in my opinion. We're only talkin bout a 20 pound jump in weight but i think its a clear advantage for the fighters with good wrestling ability. Would definitely like to see Silva adjust and start kickin **** in the LHW div though. I just dont think that he would be as dominant if he bumped up. lets cross our fingers and hope to see SIlva make the permanent move.

I think its a little more difficult than everyone imagines for Silva to go to LHW and start fighting the best in that class. It should be a more casual move. start at the bottom and move to the top. I do think its funny how he destroyed Ervin and Griffin. Silva is my fav fighter but i think he would have a tough time with Machida. Even someone like Evans' date=' which i dont like, would give him a good fight. Silva can fight off wrestlers in the MW division but to go to LHW and take on good fighters with great wrestling ability will be a huge jump in my opinion. We're only talkin bout a 20 pound jump in weight but i think its a clear advantage for the fighters with good wrestling ability. Would definitely like to see Silva adjust and start kickin **** in the LHW div though. I just dont think that he would be as dominant if he bumped up. lets cross our fingers and hope to see SIlva make the permanent move.[/quote']

I think he messes around in the Lt heavy class becuase he's bored with the people in the one he's already champ in. I think he got restless waiting on a true challenge after a FEW YEARS! becuase he has said he wanted to quit fighting soon, i'm sure you won't see a 40 year old silva fighting, which thank god. I wanna cry everytime I see Mark Coleman out there. I feel like Mark's doing this to prove to himself he still can, but he struggles compared to what he was. He needs to realize his best fights were a decade or so ago and anything he does now will just take away from his old rep in my opinion. I wouldn't want to be a Bret Favre Pity party type in the end either. Randy is doing okay but is quickly going this way, Chuck too. Get hit enough in life and eventually you can't take the big shots to the head anymore, Brandon Vera I bet will discover this out now too.

Just saying to everyone Anderson is the most level headed guy out there, grounded in what he wants in fighting and is humble as hell in his life's asperations. He knows this isn't something he is willing to do up until he needs a walker to get around like other greats, and shows great respect for those he has taken out. I think everyone fears his potential to beat them but getting beat by him wouldn't really screw up a fighters career. It would only make them better in the long run. GSP, Matt Serra, Matt Hughes, Bj Penn-- these guys improved visibly after facing each other a few times, just GSP I think learned more from his fights about himself and improved where his older weaknesses were. exploited., not that the others i mentioned aren't up there too after those matches either

I think its a little more difficult than everyone imagines for Silva to go to LHW and start fighting the best in that class. It should be a more casual move. start at the bottom and move to the top. I do think its funny how he destroyed Ervin and Griffin. Silva is my fav fighter but i think he would have a tough time with Machida. Even someone like Evans' date=' which i dont like, would give him a good fight. Silva can fight off wrestlers in the MW division but to go to LHW and take on good fighters with great wrestling ability will be a huge jump in my opinion. We're only talkin bout a 20 pound jump in weight but i think its a clear advantage for the fighters with good wrestling ability. Would definitely like to see Silva adjust and start kickin **** in the LHW div though. I just dont think that he would be as dominant if he bumped up. lets cross our fingers and hope to see SIlva make the permanent move.[/quote']

He would never take this fight as neither would Machida, they have a great bromance between them in the arts, notice how they fight alot the same but Anderson is more aggressive, I don't care for Machida's dancing in and out as much as Anderson's pin prick bombs, but they are claiming brotherhood truce.

Listen' date=' I have Anderson winning the fight, and yes Maia isnt going to trouble anyone with his standup. All I was highlighting is that Maia isnt a "weak" opponent.

But for me, Fedor aside, The Spider is the greatest fighter in the world.[/QUOTE]

+1

I completely agree that Silva should fight Vitor; I mean look at Penn, it seems like he's defending his belt every other weekend and he's fighting REAL contenders. Andersen has been on hiatus for quite some time now and hasn't faced anyone worth fighting since Hendo. Dana protects his money maker so that he doesn't get beat and cost the UFC some serious coin. Put him in there against someone that can actually pose a threat to him instead of letting him rest on his laurels and throw him chumps (comparitively speaking of course).

Archived