What's next for Cro Cop after Barry

JB_Himself

OK, so as you know I'm a huge Cro Cop fan and have even met him on a couple of occasions in Croatia. A great guy... I know that he has signed a 3 fight contract with the UFC before facing JDS. So, he lost his first fight, won the second one (against a no name opponent thus not improving his overall ranking) and now he fights another young stand-up fighter. That's his third fight and his contract expires after that match.

So, first of all, do you think that if he loses to Pat that he should quit or renew his contract and continue fighting.

Second, what would be next for him if he wins? Would he face some big name (Minotauro, rematch with JDS, rematch with Kongo etc.) of would he be fed another up and coming guy?

And finally, do you think that he still has what it takes to challange for a belt? Let's not go in discussion whether he could win the belt or not, I'm just asking if he could make it for a title shot.

Thanks

I also am a fanatic for Mirko, the dude is great. I think the biggest thing for Mirko is the amount of fans he still has and his ability to draw eyes to events. That being said, if he loses to Pat I dont forsee his contract with the UFC getting renewed, unless of course they want to keep him because of simply who he is (and so SF can't possibly nab him). If he wins however, I see him haveing the possiblity of two amazing rematches. Personally, I think a rematch with Gonzaga would be a huge hit for the fans. Everyone knows Mirko got brutalized by that head kick, but it is also true that he was dazed and out of it from the elbows he ate on the ground (something he wasn't used to) and wasnt properly trained for fighting in cage with new rules. I think that rematch could be great for the fans. Though i love Mirko, he still has much to prove if he is destined to be a legit contender. The farthest I see him going is a maybe a gatekeeper for would be contenders, kind of what Big Nog is going to be.

I think the Pat fight will be amazing for Cro Cop. Mirko is much better on his feet then Hardonk, and is a VERY expereinced kick boxer himself from his K1 days. I'm not ruling Pat out but I think this could be a fight that Cro Cop can really shine in.

I am a fan of both fighters, but I do like Barry a little more. I think this is gonna be a great fight and it could be a war!!!!!!!! Do not get ahead of yourself and say who is next for cro cop after barry because obviously we will have to see what goes down. And I predict Barry getting a 2nd or 3rd round KO. Cro Cop has been a great fighter but he is starting to lose it a little bit. And I was impressed by his last performance but that was against a low caliber opponent. Barry is gonna be in his face and throwing bombs most of the time. I believe Barry will get into his rhythm and give Cro Cop some problems. Barry is the younger more explosive fighter with a lot to prove and Cro Cop has already done soo much I think he is starting to lose his flame. This will be a great fight I believe and my guess is the Pat Barry comes out victorious. And and by the way I knew JDS and Jon Jones would dominate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are at the top of their game and I love these 2 fighters!!!!!!!!!! and Pat Barry is the man with some serious skills he has been impressive lately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but he is done.

If he loses, retire.

If he wins, he should drop down to 205lb to get new life into him. He will never be anything in the HW div in the UFC.

Drop weight or drop out. I love the guy but I hate seeing him stumble around the ring and getting smashed.

OK' date=' so as you know I'm a huge Cro Cop fan and have even met him on a couple of occasions in Croatia. A great guy... I know that he has signed a 3 fight contract with the UFC before facing JDS. So, he lost his first fight, won the second one (against a no name opponent thus not improving his overall ranking) and now he fights another young stand-up fighter. That's his third fight and his contract expires after that match.

So, first of all, do you think that if he loses to Pat that he should quit or renew his contract and continue fighting.

Second, what would be next for him if he wins? Would he face some big name (Minotauro, rematch with JDS, rematch with Kongo etc.) of would he be fed another up and coming guy?

And finally, do you think that he still has what it takes to challange for a belt? Let's not go in discussion whether he could win the belt or not, I'm just asking if he could make it for a title shot.

Thanks[/quote']

I would love to see minotauro vs cro cop another good classic PRIDE fight. Kongo would also be good, if crop cop were to win it would show he's really coming back (though he'll never be in the title picture again.)

Cro Cop is back and he's going to show people why he was the most feared striker in the world a couple of years ago. I kept saying it for UFC 110, before the fight was changed to Perosh. I kept saying he was going to mop the floor with Rothwell. That didn't happen because Rothwell couldn't fight, but the outcome would've been the same. As soon as I heard he changed his camp to have training sessions in Netherlands and with Hippolyte, I knew he would make a comeback. Plus he was in great shape and with some added muscle at 110.

He's going to beat Barry. Not taking away from Barry, he's a great young guy, but he doesn't have what it takes against a seasoned kickboxer like Mirko. His biggest win is Hardonk. Hardonk isn't even that great of a kickboxer(still better then most at HW in MMA).

After he wins, I think a rematch against Gonzaga would be great. Whoever mentioned that is genius. A rematch with Big Nog would also be awesome. I don't really mind Kongo. JDS rematch won't happen because he's getting close to title contention and Mirko hasn't worked his way up yet, but he will.

As far as Mirko making a run for the title, I am counting on it. Don't think it will happen just yet in 2010 thought. The matchmakers won't give him a title after only like 2 or 3 wins against average fighters(even if they keep doing it for others). But in 2011, I believe it could happen.

Been a big fan or Mirko for a long time but he better bring it against Pat Barry. Pats hungry but both are good kickboxers with powerful leg kicks. Mirko has a height and reach advantage but if Pat can get inside he's shown to have pretty good power in his hands too.

Anyway I like both fighters and expect to see them feel it out for a moment and then start exchanging. I want Mirko to win because he definitely needs it a lot more and Pat can go on to fight Yvel or Struve although Struve would be dangerous on the ground for him.

Pat has a good chance in this fight though I'm not convinced the Mirko of 03 to 06 has returned yet until I see it and with the way things are now this is a perfect fight for Mirko but as far as future fights and getting a shot at the title he's going to have to beat guys that will be bigger with better ground games putting him on his back and it won't happen unless he KOs them early.

I'd just like to see Mirko win this by close decision I like both guys. Would like to see a fight of the night type fight. Then I'd like to see Mirko fight Arlovski if they could get him back Andrei would more then likely stand and has the inferior chin but I think he has the better more powerful punches. That's a fight I've thought about for years though. Since Andrei was champ and Mirko was knocking out just about everyone except fedor and nog.

I loved CC and he has an amazing HL reel.

But his time has past.

His standup defense is just so bad. He can't counter punch. When opponents punch him, he simply tries to push them away, eating shots from good strikers in the proccess.

His ground game has not improved at all in the last decade. His sprawl is no longer amazing.

I think if he doesnt retire, his best option is to go back to Japan and fight the legends of old.

I would love it if I'm wrong.

Archived