Jds Vs Velasquez

Mccartan

tough call on this one. i like both and both are very good but i would pick jds. no real reason just a gut feeling he would win

exactly my view too

i think they're both great strikers and probly both have great ground games

but i would pick JDS over Cain anyday just because thats wat my gut says

and ive paid out over $20 bettin against JDS, learned my lesson

This fight needs to happen next. Tough tough fight to call. Cains hands looked damn impressive against Big Nog, but Minotauro's abilities and speed has tapered off quickly. If Cain wanted to trade, I'd definitely give it to Cigano, but who knows. I like JDS more, but this is tough. All I know is that I'd be incredibly stoked for this to go down.

These two are the future of the UFC HW division.

I give it to Cain by way of (reference) Kongo fight. Im not saying JDS has no ground game, but Cain has an excellent ground game. Not to mention he is one of the best, if not the best wrestlers in the UFC's Heavyweight division. Im a huge fan of Brock BTW.

Be patient, this fight will happen eventually. It wont be as important then as it is now because one of them are gonna lose before it happens. Why make them fight now when you can make more money beefing them up for the title shot that everyone wants to see anyway... Breath.

i go with jds all the way, cain is a dynamic fighter and deserves the praise he is getting but jds destroys fighters. cain has yet to show that lvl of destruction.

i love watching jds fight and i see that he loves to fight... he is fearless in the ring and goes in to your face and proves fight after fight he is ready for the best.

i go with jds all the way' date=' cain is a dynamic fighter and deserves the praise he is getting but jds destroys fighters. cain has yet to show that lvl of destruction.

i love watching jds fight and i see that he loves to fight... he is fearless in the ring and goes in to your face and proves fight after fight he is ready for the best.[/quote']

Although I give Junior the nod, did you not see Cain obliterate Big Nog? Nog is pretty slow now, and his reflexes are gone, but it was still impressive.

I give it to Cain by way of (reference) Kongo fight. Im not saying JDS has no ground game' date=' but Cain has an excellent ground game. Not to mention he is one of the best, if not the best wrestlers in the UFC's Heavyweight division. Im a huge fan of Brock BTW.

Be patient, this fight will happen eventually. It wont be as important then as it is now because one of them are gonna lose before it happens. Why make them fight now when you can make more money beefing them up for the title shot that everyone wants to see anyway... Breath.[/quote']

Cain has also shown the ability to take some big shots and come back, whereas nobody has landed anything on Junior.

I disagree with your beefing em up though. Right now is primetime for them to fight. Cain destroyed Juniors mentor in Big Nog, and they are both on the cusp of a title shot. If they both lose their next fight, the hype train won't be as big. I'd take advantage of it now, because it fits perfectly. Just my opinion though.

JDS would win by KO or TKO. He trains with Nogueria, A.Silva, and Machida as we all know, and Mark Munoz who is a very accomplished wrestler. JDS has much better boxing than Velasquez and working with an elite wrestler like Munoz I'm sure he would be able to develop sufficient take down defense and make it a striking match. Regardless of the outcome it would be a great fight.

Although I give Junior the nod' date=' did you not see Cain obliterate Big Nog? Nog is pretty slow now, and his reflexes are gone, but it was still impressive.[/quote']

exactly, big nog looked slow that night and cain fought well and was crisp.... i don't know what people will say about this but cain's ko punch was still a bit iffy for me. did you see it? he had his head down and eyes closed when he through the punch. you can't do that against the speed of jds.

i would give it to cain he look damn impressive in his last fight fast hands good head movement great angles an he has some great wrestling an i dont think jds has the ground game cain has cause he also training with one of the camarillo brothers in bjj so id have to give it to cain

They are arguably the two best HW's in the game right now, as Cain Velazquez pummeled right through Minotauro Nogueira, and Junior Dos Santos ruined Gabriel Gonzaga!

I am hoping that these two fight next, and since they did it quickly and without injury, soon.

What do you all think?

(PS: What about Gonzaga fighting Nogueira?)

I agree they will not fight until one of them is champion...I see Cain fighting the winner of Mir/Carwin and the winner of that fighting Brock in July. In the mean time I would love to see JDS tear down Kongo!!

Kongo is not on even Gonzaga's level...

Either one of them fights the champion, or they fight each other, that's all the options they really have, then one of them will still be waiting around, fighting lower skilled fighters.

I agree they will not fight until one of them is champion...I see Cain fighting the winner of Mir/Carwin and the winner of that fighting Brock in July. In the mean time I would love to see JDS tear down Kongo!!

uhhh, do you know what interim means? the winner of mir/carwin fights brock next.....

on another note, i think jds vs. velasquez would be one of the top fights i would want to see and somebody said earlier it would be a losing promotion but thats bs, if they put it on ppv, TONS of people would order it, TRUST ME!!!

uhhh' date=' do you know what interim means? the winner of mir/carwin fights brock next.....

on another note, i think jds vs. velasquez would be one of the top fights i would want to see and somebody said earlier it would be a losing promotion but thats bs, if they put it on ppv, TONS of people would order it, TRUST ME!!![/quote']

One word: Yes.

I can bet 90% that we will see Cain vs. JDS next time they fight.

cain could win the fight in the ground with his wrestling and ground and puond. cain could also win the fight standing up. if it would go to decision, i thin cain would win because of hes takedowns and hes ground work. JSD would only have change on standing up with hes boxing

cain could win the fight in the ground with his wrestling and ground and puond. cain could also win the fight standing up. if it would go to decision' date=' i thin cain would win because of hes takedowns and hes ground work. JSD would only have change on standing up with hes boxing[/quote']

JDS has a class ground game, the only thing is not many people are aware of it because he keeps knocking guys out. His mentors are the nogueira's and trains with A.Silva and Machida. Gonzaga is a BJJ world champion and JDS sprung back up straight away in a Chuck Liddel fashion. He's good man, very good.

the thing about these 2 fighters, it could go the same way Nog and Valasquez went...first round KO. As I said before, anyone can get caught at anytime...Id like to still see Nog and Cain yet again, the 2 match up well. Id like to see JDS fight either Cain or Carwin and definately want to see a rematch between Mir and Nog

No way Dana will risk pitting these 2 against each other just yet. Especially if the winner from this weekends Mir/Carwin fight gets injured.

If that happens, Cain steps in to fight Brock. JDS could fight the loser.

On a side note, how exciting is the HW division right now?! Best set of fighters the UFC has ever had, no doubts

the thing about these 2 fighters' date=' it could go the same way Nog and Valasquez went...first round KO. As I said before, anyone can get caught at anytime...Id like to still see Nog and Cain yet again, the 2 match up well. Id like to see JDS fight either Cain or Carwin and definately want to see a rematch between Mir and Nog[/quote']

wow...-1000

the winner of mir carwin is fighting lesnar you idoit the interim champion will not fight anyone except the champion not rocket science

The winner of Mir/Carwin will get a title shot unless the winner gets hurt. In that case Cain will probably step in to fight Brock. There is no way that the winner of Mir/Carwin would fight Cain in May or June and then be expected to fight Brock in July with out any time to prepare for him.

JDS would win by KO or TKO. He trains with Nogueria, A.Silva, and Machida as we all know, and Mark Munoz who is a very accomplished wrestler. JDS has much better boxing than Velasquez and working with an elite wrestler like Munoz I'm sure he would be able to develop sufficient take down defense and make it a striking match. Regardless of the outcome it would be a great fight.

so you think working with mark munoz for a little while will mean he wont get taken down by cain.

good one.

Ok as we saw in the Gonzaga fight he was taken down and got right back up, Gonzaga outweighs JDS and Cain so if a BJJ world champ can't keep this guys back then Velasquez will have some difficulty controlling him. And by you not jumping on Velasquez's nuts about my boxing comment that shows me that you know that JDS has better boxing.

exactly' date=' big nog looked slow that night and cain fought well and was crisp.... i don't know what people will say about this but cain's ko punch was still a bit iffy for me. did you see it? he had his head down and eyes closed when he through the punch. you can't do that against the speed of jds.[/quote']

There was nothing wrong with Cain's KO on Nog, it was tight and technical and impressive. It makes a statement that Cain's standup is now underrated. He even threw kicks in his punching combinations. Everyone was saying his standup sucked against Kongo, until he silenced everyone at UFC110.

Should Velasquez vs JDS take place, id give it 55% Velasquez, 45% JDS. Reason being is because should he get rocked on the chin he will go into wrestling/GnP mode like he did Kongo. Furthermore, JDS hasnt been tested against a wrestler, and we can say he would have good BJJ training at the Black House with Nog, but he hasnt faught a wrestler in the octagon yet. Theres a difference between training and fighting. I give Velasquez the edge because he has more tools, although I wouldnt be suprised if JDS knocks him out.

There was nothing wrong with Cain's KO on Nog' date=' it was tight and technical and impressive. It makes a statement that Cain's standup is now underrated. He even threw kicks in his punching combinations. Everyone was saying his standup sucked against Kongo, until he silenced everyone at UFC110.

Should Velasquez vs JDS take place, id give it 55% Velasquez, 45% JDS. Reason being is because should he get rocked on the chin he will go into wrestling/GnP mode like he did Kongo. Furthermore, JDS hasnt been tested against a wrestler, and we can say he would have good BJJ training at the Black House with Nog, but he hasnt faught a wrestler in the octagon yet. Theres a difference between training and fighting. I give Velasquez the edge because he has more tools, although I wouldnt be suprised if JDS knocks him out.[/quote']

This...

JDS speed is wouldn't b much of a tool because Cain is just as fast if not faster.. I think the wrestling would b what dictates the fight..

I'd give it to cain via tko

Archived