How much more will the martial artist evolve in ten years?

vasile

the ufc in the past 5 years has really seen an impressive rise in skill and talent in its fighters .during this time a few men have really stood out, A. Silva, gsp, bj penn cementing his status as the best lw. and the list gets bigger every year. you have jon jones climbing up now, and you got cain and jds too. point is, the talent pool is growing at an incredible rate, gifted mma fighters are rising up every month, so how much better can the martial artisit become? what happens in ten more years you know? how much more talent can fit in the ufc? in ten years when people look back on these men ive listed, and men i havent listed, will they just see them as mediocre fighters? will there be a man 10x that of gsp and silva? im stoked to see how much more the martial artist can grow, and how large and deep the talent pool is going to be. did this make any sense to you though? this was just my idea.

in ten years men with 4 arms and 4 legs are gunna rule MMA

but in all seriousness, i am also excited to see this

back in the day it was your either a grappler, or your a striker

Cro Cop's and Big Nog's...and Fedor

there werent many men who were good at both

now, if you dont have the full package your kinda screwed, it will be great to see where this sport will go

the ufc in the past 5 years has really seen an impressive rise in skill and talent in its fighters .during this time a few men have really stood out' date=' A. Silva, gsp, bj penn cementing his status as the best lw. and the list gets bigger every year. you have jon jones climbing up now, and you got cain and jds too. point is, the talent pool is growing at an incredible rate, gifted mma fighters are rising up every month, so how much better can the martial artisit become? what happens in ten more years you know? how much more talent can fit in the ufc? in ten years when people look back on these men ive listed, and men i havent listed, will they just see them as mediocre fighters? will there be a man 10x that of gsp and silva? im stoked to see how much more the martial artist can grow, and how large and deep the talent pool is going to be. did this make any sense to you though? this was just my idea.[/quote']

I can see the heavier classes of fighter evolving more than say WW and under.

I can definitely see more judo being incorporated as well as MT as opposed to just striking and wrestling from the majority.

The real evolution will come in the science of controlling weight vs. power.

the ufc in the past 5 years has really seen an impressive rise in skill and talent in its fighters .during this time a few men have really stood out' date=' A. Silva, gsp, bj penn cementing his status as the best lw. and the list gets bigger every year. you have jon jones climbing up now, and you got cain and jds too. point is, the talent pool is growing at an incredible rate, gifted mma fighters are rising up every month, so how much better can the martial artisit become? what happens in ten more years you know? how much more talent can fit in the ufc? in ten years when people look back on these men ive listed, and men i havent listed, will they just see them as mediocre fighters? will there be a man 10x that of gsp and silva? im stoked to see how much more the martial artist can grow, and how large and deep the talent pool is going to be. did this make any sense to you though? this was just my idea.[/quote']

Never really thought about it as a revolution in Martial Arts but it really is, I mean I know people who train BJJ, in England, WTF??

What has really surprised me tho is how many people at my Muay Thai gym are reluctant to get into watching MMA, I dont know what its like with others but it must be a lot because if all the people practicing martial arts did watch MMA it would be much bigger than it does now.

Archived