JDS is number one HW.

alliedwarior

Alright lets look at the so called top heavyweights ill go least impressive to most:

Brock 4-1 (3-1 UFC) .= Lost his UFC debut in 1:30. Then layed on Heath Herring for 3 rounds. So what do you get for going 1-1 with a first round lose and a decsion over Heath Herring? A title shot against a old man which he gets a tko in the second, and then he defends his "belt" against Mir and lays on him and lands some hammer fist.

WIN STREAK: 3 (2 finishes)^

Mir 13-4 (11-4 UFC) = Mir has been finished by Ian Freeman, Marico Cruz, and Brandon Vera. Now he gets a win over Antoni Hardonk who is 8-6 and is seriously a nobody. Then he beat a 1-0 fighter in his UFC debut and hes ready for his title shot? Well at least thats two wins. SO Frank now gets his title shot against Nog who is out of his prime and Mir finishes him with his first impressive win. Then he follows that up by getting layed on and beat by 3-1 Brock lesnar. So now Mir beats Kongo who has just lost to Cain and now hes ready for his next title shot?

WIN STREAK 1 (1 finish)^

Cain 8-0 (6-0 UFC) Cain came into the UFC and knocked off wins over 3 nobodys to improve to 5-0. Then Cain faught Kongo who rocked him and he took him down and beat on him for 3 rounds and couldnt finish him. SO he follows that weak preformance up by doing pretty much the same thing to Ben Rothwell but the ref gives him a lucky stop. So this brings Nog up, Nog is old, out of shape, and his chin is gone so Cain tkos him nicely.

WIN STREAK 8 (7 finishes)^

Carwin 11-0 (3-0 UFC) Now carwin has 11 first round finishes, not only first round but 10 are before 1:41 and the other fight was his first ever fight and it lasted 2:11 and 5 of his fights didnt even make a mintue !!!! in 11 fights he hasnt even gone a full 3 round yet! He came into the UFC and beat 2 no names so people still didnt belive the hype so the UFC gave him his biggest challenge yet, Gonzaga, and he knocked Gonzaga out with a short punch at 1:09!

WIN STREAK 11 (11 finishes)

Dos Santos 11-1 (5-0 UFC) The reason I think he is the best is because not only is he 5-0 in the UFC but he has KO'ed some of the best if not the best strikers in MMA and all his wins are over bigger name fighters. His first fight he gets thrown in with Fabricio Werdum who is one of the UFCs biggest names and he just crushes him in 1:21. His next fight is a fellow up and comer Stefan Struve (19-3) who he takes out before the first mintue. Now the most impressive part, Dos Santos fights the people with the two best highlight KO reels in MMA Cro Cop and Gilbert Yvel, if you dont know them go to youtube and watch some KOs. Dos Santos actually makes Cro Cop quit and takes Gilbert out at 2:07!! Those are the two best heavyweight strikers(IMO), BUT people still dont belive the hype so he knocks out Gonzaga in the first round to.

ALSO people dont know but Dos Santos is 18-0 in kickboxing !!!! 18 wins no loses.

WIN STREAK 6 (6 finishes)

SO tell me why anyone else desevers the title shot more and why

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cigano is a future champ for sure but he is not the Number 1 HW. Fedor doesn't fight in the UFC so the best that the UFC can produce is a Number 2 HW....which....sigh....is usually the man with the strap. This is hard to say but technically Brock is the number 2...When someone beats him that will all change...Now that I said that Im going to jump off a bridge for calling Brock the Number 2.

Oh and that only applies for real belts and not imaginary ones so....Sorry Overeem...no Top 5 ranking for you.

Cigano is a future champ for sure but he is not the Number 1 HW. Fedor doesn't fight in the UFC so the best that the UFC can produce is a Number 2 HW....which....sigh....is usually the man with the strap. This is hard to say but technically Brock is the number 2...When someone beats him that will all change...Now that I said that Im going to jump off a bridge for calling Brock the Number 2.

il be right behind you on the way down

its a pitty when a guy whos 4-1 is the #2 hw in the world when guys are like 33-6 or 30-8

Alright lets look at the so called top heavyweights ill go least impressive to most:

Brock 4-1 (3-1 UFC) .= Lost his UFC debut in 1:30. Then layed on Heath Herring for 3 rounds. So what do you get for going 1-1 with a first round lose and a decsion over Heath Herring? A title shot against a old man which he gets a tko in the second' date=' and then he defends his "belt" against Mir and lays on him and lands some hammer fist.

Mir 13-4 (11-4 UFC) = Mir has been finished by Ian Freeman, Marico Cruz, and Brandon Vera. Now he gets a win over Antoni Hardonk who is 8-6 and is seriously a nobody. Then he beat a 1-0 fighter in his UFC debut and hes ready for his title shot? Well at least thats two wins. SO Frank now gets his title shot against Nog who is out of his prime and Mir finishes him with his first impressive win. Then he follows that up by getting layed on and beat by 3-1 Brock lesnar. So now Mir beats Kongo who has just lost to Cain and now hes ready for his next title shot?

WIN STREAK 1 (1 finish)^

Cain 8-0 (6-0 UFC) Cain came into the UFC and knocked off wins over 3 nobodys to improve to 5-0. Then Cain faught Kongo who rocked him and he took him down and beat on him for 3 rounds and couldnt finish him. SO he follows that weak preformance up by doing pretty much the same thing to Ben Rothwell but the ref gives him a lucky stop. So this brings Nog up, Nog is old, out of shape, and his chin is gone so Cain tkos him nicely.

Carwin 11-0 (3-0 UFC) Now carwin has 11 first round finishes, not only first round but 10 are before 1:41 and the other fight was his first ever fight and it lasted 2:11 and 5 of his fights didnt even make a mintue !!!! in 11 fights he hasnt even gone a full 3 round yet! He came into the UFC and beat 2 no names so people still didnt belive the hype so the UFC gave him his biggest challenge yet, Gonzaga, and he knocked Gonzaga out with a short punch at 1:09!

Dos Santos 11-1 (5-0 UFC) The reason I think he is the best is because not only is he 5-0 in the UFC but he has KO'ed some of the best if not the best strikers in MMA and all his wins are over bigger name fighters. His first fight he gets thrown in with Fabricio Werdum who is one of the UFCs biggest names and he just crushes him in 1:21. His next fight is a fellow up and comer Stefan Struve (19-3) who he takes out before the first mintue. Now the most impressive part, Dos Santos fights the people with the two best highlight KO reels in MMA Cro Cop and Gilbert Yvel, if you dont know them go to youtube and watch some KOs. Dos Santos actually makes Cro Cop quit and takes Gilbert out at 2:07!! Those are the two best heavyweight strikers(IMO), BUT people still dont belive the hype so he knocks out Gonzaga in the first round to.

SO tell me why anyone else desevers the title shot more and why[/quote']

I cant. Im with you on this one. I guess it is not about who deserves what, or who has earned what. That is why there are no official rankings, to allow this "flexibility".

i think he is very close' date=' now he needs to fight some-one of Mir's calibre or beat velasquez

Very impressed witht he guy, viscious striker[/quote']

I dont understand how Frank Mir gets so much credit? why is he so good? read what i said about mir and tell me how hes better then dos santos?

WHY? why frank mir? who has he beat to make him so good ? Hardonk? TANK ABOT!!??!

WHO WHY i dont get all the mir hype.

He gets the hype I guess because he is the only loss on the current champs record, that and Mir is a freaking genius when it comes to talking his way into the mix. Like it or not Mir vs Lesner III will probably break every UFC PPV record.

In all probability, if Lesner doesn't get sick, Mir doesn't sniff a title shot without at least 2 more wins over top competition. Because he did though, tradition in a Interm title fight is usually current #1 (Carwin) vs last guy to fight the Champ (Mir).

Oh and that only applies for real belts and not imaginary ones so....Sorry Overeem...no Top 5 ranking for you.

I dont care about the belt, they way I see it is the belt is just the most popular right now, not the best, his belt means nothing yet.

Mir has quite a bit to brag about

as does brock' date=' i dont want to hate you, but your on the right track[/quote']

well just let me know what they have to brag about?

im not sayin your wrong i just dont see how people can think there so good just because they beat each other.

well just let me know what they have to brag about?

im not sayin your wrong i just dont see how people can think there so good just because they beat each other.

MIR

obveus, lesnar

TKO'd Big nog

broke sylvia's arm

made Kongo look like a *****

when Sims was decent, beat him twice

BROCK

dominated herring, couldnt finnish but dominated

ko'd couture, hes old and slow but...ko'd

the only part i agree with you is that lesnar has nothin to brag about, Mir kinda does

Brock 4-1 (3-1 UFC) .= Lost his UFC debut in 1:30. Then layed on Heath Herring for 3 rounds. So what do you get for going 1-1 with a first round lose and a decsion over Heath Herring? A title shot against a old man which he gets a tko in the second' date=' and then he defends his "belt" against Mir and lays on him and lands some hammer fist.

WIN STREAK 1 (1 finish)^

ALSO people dont know but Dos Santos is 18-0 in kickboxing !!!! 18 wins no loses.

SO tell me why anyone else desevers the title shot more and why[/quote']

These are your top three in order

Lesnar

Cain

Dos Santos

I just wanna see Velasquez vs JDS, doesnt matter thats its not for the title, I doubt it would go 5 rounds!! Forget the title - this is THE fight in the heavyweight division.

Unfortunately Brock got sick and Carwin and Mir moved (By right IMO) into a number one contender match in the meantime, if he didnt, he would of fought Carwin and would probably be lined up to fight Mir whether he won or lost.

MIR

obveus' date=' lesnar

TKO'd Big nog

broke sylvia's arm

made Kongo look like a *****

when Sims was decent, beat him twice

BROCK

dominated herring, couldnt finnish but dominated

ko'd couture, hes old and slow but...ko'd

the only part i agree with you is that lesnar has nothin to brag about, Mir kinda does[/quote']

Mir is a GOOD fight but nothing great, Tim Sylvia has no ground game and loses within 20 seconds of hitting the ground every time. and Sims was never decent.

I give him some credit for the Kongo and Nog fight, but Nog is past his prime and I think Cain showed that when he finished him. Cain couldnt finish Kongo and Nog took a head kick from CroCop so to me that just shows Nogs chin is gone.

Junior Dos Santos is the man right now. I never get drawn into hype and I am usually very critical but this guy is the number one HW in the UFC right now.

I dont know if I recall the last time when the UFC had a prospect on a five fight dominant win streak against top competition last time.

JDS and Cain should fight for the title, forget Brock, Mir and Carwin. Cain and JSD are the top HWs.

I want to see Cain at least get his hand on that belt!! still with a clean record of course, and JDS be the first to fight him, with a clean record aswell. That way Cain can really Show what he's got if he really wants to keep that belt.

but as much as im a big fan of Cain... sadly i see JDS taking the win. :/

So stupid... how can you say that JDS is best HW when he hasn't fought any of the top HWs yet. And I for one would like to see how he does against wrestler not just sum bjj guys and washed up stand up fighters.

hahaha, your a joke the has faught only top heavyweights, who else can he fight?

Mir and Carwin are fighting and Cain just faught.

just sum bjj guys and washed up stand up fighters? go watch some more WWE loser.

Guys, the best guy he has beaten is Gonzaga. Yes, he has beaten everybody else in style, and there's no doubt that he's good, but logically, you can't say he's the best because he hasn't fought the best. His next fight better be against either Velasquez, Carwin, Mir, or Brock. I'll be satisfied with any one of them.

hahaha' date=' your a joke the has faught only top heavyweights, who else can he fight?

just sum bjj guys and washed up stand up fighters? go watch some more WWE loser.[/quote']

You are an idiot. Gonzaga is NOT a top heavyweight. Gonzaga hasn't done ****. Cro-Cop is also NOT a top HW either.

Guys' date=' the best guy he has beaten is Gonzaga. Yes, he has beaten everybody else in style, and there's no doubt that he's good, but logically, you can't say he's the best because he hasn't fought the best. His next fight better be against either Velasquez, Carwin, Mir, or Brock. I'll be satisfied with any one of them.[/quote']

wow people blow my mind,

how is brock cain and mir faught better people then him? and who are they ?

list these crazy fighters who jds hasnt faught?

are you talking about Randy Couture? or maybe your talkin about Mir beating Tank Abot.

YOUR SO STUPID, JDS has faught good fighters in all his fights.

Cain has faught bums and same with Mir and Brock none of them have any big name wins except an out of his prime Nog, who isnt that impressive to beat. Herrring almost beat him.

You are an idiot. Gonzaga is NOT a top heavyweight. Gonzaga hasn't done ****. Cro-Cop is also NOT a top HW either.

Alright then who is the "TOP" heavyweights and why?

I listed the top heavyweight and none of them have beaten anyone impressive. espically mir and brock they have beaten NOBODY and Mir has lost to Ian Freeman, Marico Cruz and VERA !!!!!!

wow people blow my mind' date='

are you talking about Randy Couture? or maybe your talkin about Mir beating Tank Abot.

Cain has faught bums and same with Mir and Brock none of them have any big name wins except an out of his prime Nog, who isnt that impressive to beat. Herrring almost beat him.[/quote']

JDS, Cain, Mir, Carwin, and Brock all make up the top 5 in the division. From what I saw on the forum last night, the majority of the community agrees with me. My point was you can't call him the #1 guy. He hasn't fought anyone else in the top 5.

Use some logic.

Also, Big Nog is not a bum.

JDS' date=' Cain, Mir, Carwin, and Brock all make up the top 5 in the division. From what I saw on the forum last night, the majority of the community agrees with me. My point was you can't call him the #1 guy. He hasn't fought anyone else in the top 5.

Use some logic.

Also, Big Nog is not a bum.[/quote']

Lol you use some logic.

Who has beaten the best guys.... JDS

Who is finishing there fights in a great fasion...... JDS and Carwin

Who is on a win streak above 4.... JDS, Carwin, and Cain

Who has never been beat in the UFC... JDS, Carwin and Cain.

Althought Cain and Carwin are close to JDS, Cain hasnt been finishing all his fights in a crazy ko. and Carwin hasnt faught the same level of fighters as JDS.

Cain out striked a slow and out of his prime nog,

JDS out striked 2 of the best heavyweight strikers in history.

None of the top guys have faught each other except for Mir and Brock and I dont think there top guys they just sell tickets because they hype there fights up really good. when brock has had at least 8 fights we will see where he is.

Lol you use some logic.

Who has beaten the best guys.... JDS

Who is finishing there fights in a great fasion...... JDS and Carwin

Who is on a win streak above 4.... JDS' date=' Carwin, and Cain

Who has never been beat in the UFC... JDS, Carwin and Cain.

Althought Cain and Carwin are close to JDS, Cain hasnt been finishing all his fights in a crazy ko. and Carwin hasnt faught the same level of fighters as JDS.

Cain out striked a slow and out of his prime nog,

JDS out striked 2 of the best heavyweight strikers in history.

None of the top guys have faught each other except for Mir and Brock and I dont think there top guys they just sell tickets because they hype there fights up really good. when brock has had at least 8 fights we will see where he is.[/quote']

JDS hasn't fought the best guys. He's fought mediocre people that are never going to threaten a title, the same as EVERYBODY else in the top 5.

JDS hasn't fought the best guys. He's fought mediocre people that are never going to threaten a title' date=' the same as EVERYBODY else in the top 5.[/quote']

He has beaten guys better then anyone else has. Cro Cop, Strube, Werdum, Dos Santos, and Gonzaga are better then any of the guys who Cain Carwin Mir or Brock have beaten,.

JDS just needs to look at for Mir and Velasquez. Carwin and Brock don't impress me that much.

Why Mir? you do know Mir is an overhyped fighter with loses to nobodys and no serious wins except the washed up Nog.

I just realized the same guy that called Nog a bum' date=' just made a Brock hate thread. I'm not posting in this thread anymore.[/quote']

I didnt call Nog a bum? Show me where I said Nogs a bum.

I said he is washed up and he is. In his prime he took head kicks from Cro Cop and now Mir and Cain finish him?

Nog is an amazing legend but his time is past. & who cares if you post on this thread you havent said anything smart anyways,

Why Mir? you do know Mir is an overhyped fighter with loses to nobodys and no serious wins except the washed up Nog.

alls you've said is that Mir has been finished and that Nog is washed up. Mir was finished after a motorcycle crash that would have ended most careers, and it takes time to recover thats why he lost. Mir snapped Sylvia's arm, was the first man to KO Nog, kept his cool against Brock throwing down shots in the first fight and caught him in a sub, and put Chieck Kongo (a great striker) down and subbed him in about a minute and a half. He only lost to Lesnar because of Lesnar's size.

Nog may not be the best in world anymore, but hes still a handfull, he beat down Randy Couture (who has a close win over Vera & destroyed an aged washed up Coleman, that being said Randy can still hang with tough dudes), Nog also subbed Sylvia and UD'd Herring.

Oh and if your gunna start dissing these two might as well start dissing Fedor, because Mir and Nog has fought better competition lately.

Mir is a beast, and Nog is a handfull.

JDS is my favorite heavyweight but Mir and Cain are still very dangerous, and either of them is capable of beating him.

Now as far as JDS beating the best competition, no way. Cro Cop is definitly past his prime, Gonzaga has never been consistant, Yvel not to sure, Struve is a up and comer, and Werdum is a great fighter but i dont think hes that good.

All that being said JDS is still my favorite and i still think he can become champ :)

EDIT:sorry messed up the quote my bad

"alls you've said is that Mir has been finished and that Nog is washed up. Mir was finished after a motorcycle crash that would have ended most careers, and it takes time to recover thats why he lost. Mir snapped Sylvia's arm, was the first man to KO Nog, kept his cool against Brock throwing down shots in the first fight and caught him in a sub, and put Chieck Kongo (a great striker) down and subbed him in about a minute and a half. He only lost to Lesnar because of Lesnar's size.

Nog may not be the best in world anymore, but hes still a handfull, he beat down Randy Couture (who has a close win over Vera & destroyed an aged washed up Coleman, that being said Randy can still hang with tough dudes), Nog also subbed Sylvia and UD'd Herring.

Oh and if your gunna start dissing these two might as well start dissing Fedor, because Mir and Nog has fought better competition lately.

Mir is a beast, and Nog is a handfull.

JDS is my favorite heavyweight but Mir and Cain are still very dangerous, and either of them is capable of beating him.

Now as far as JDS beating the best competition, no way. Cro Cop is definitly past his prime, Gonzaga has never been consistant, Yvel not to sure, Struve is a up and comer, and Werdum is a great fighter but i dont think hes that good.

All that being said JDS is still my favorite and i still think he can become champ :)"

first nog hasnt faught better then fedor lately he faught a old man (randy) and cain koed him.

I dont understand what your sayin?

I said JDS beat better fighters then anyone else in the top that i listed, mir included.

and all you say is im wrong but not why? i listed the impessive list of finishes Dos Santos has. Mirs list is Tim Syliva (no ground game gets subbed if he touches the ground) Nog (amazing legend but he is washed up no doubt he looked like **** against mir and cain and he beat Randy who is washed up to) people think because randy beat up an old man hes still good?

I made my point why JDS is the best and nobody has said someone who is better and why.

Yeah Mir beat Kongo cool Yvel crushed Kongo and look what JDS did to him.

everyone commenting on this thread who thinks someone is better then JDS say why. Who has beaten better compettion then him ?????

hahaha' date=' your a joke the has faught only top heavyweights, who else can he fight?

just sum bjj guys and washed up stand up fighters? go watch some more WWE loser.[/quote']

Yeah Yvel is reeeeaaaalllly good....... When you claim that sum1 is THE BEST in his division couple of bit avg fighters aren't just enouhg. No disrespect to Zaga but beating him just doesn't make you the best... And to your question about who else can he fight well Cain just fought and so did JDS... Sounds like a good match up right?

I didnt call Nog a bum? Show me where I said Nogs a bum.

I said he is washed up and he is. In his prime he took head kicks from Cro Cop and now Mir and Cain finish him?

Nog is an amazing legend but his time is past. & who cares if you post on this thread you havent said anything smart anyways' date='[/quote']

wow people blow my mind' date='

[b']Cain has faught bums[/b] and same with Mir and Brock none of them have any big name wins except an out of his prime Nog, who isnt that impressive to beat. Herrring almost beat him.

Nobody listen to this moron. His opinion should be invalid as he doesn't even remember what he posts.

I just listed what had happened, and why you need to recignize that Mir is a beast which he is, and Mir definitly beat Kongo a lot worse than Yvel did. I don't know Yvel enough to comment but i dont think hes going far in the UFC.

Mir's wins. JDS's wins

Sylvia, Nog, Lesnar, Kongo > Werdum, Gonzaga, Yvel, and Cro Cop.

Yeah Yvel is reeeeaaaalllly good....... When you claim that sum1 is THE BEST in his division couple of bit avg fighters aren't just enouhg. No disrespect to Zaga but beating him just doesn't make you the best... And to your question about who else can he fight well Cain just fought and so did JDS... Sounds like a good match up right?

I agree Cain is a good fighter to but if you match up who JDS has faught and how he won its much more impressive.

if cain would have stood and koed kongo that would have been impressive.

thats what dos santos does, he fights yvel and cro cop both strikers and out strikes them.

Archived