Brett Rogers gets a title shot....after getting t(ko)ed by Fedor....

HaymakerJnr

i mean it doesnt really make sense' date=' giving a title shot to someone who's coming off a loss

Fair enough he was beat of the best in the world, and Fedor is going to fight at dream for 1 fight....but he surely can be slung into a title shot...?

Any thoughts??[/quote']

Everyone knows Fedor is the champion.

That just goes to show how little depth Strikeforce actually has. When the best guy you have to throw at the "champion" is a guy who just got KOd, then you have a problem in your organization. The fact that Fedor hasn't even fought for the Strikeforce title is just ridiculous. Tons of guys win titles in their first fight in the organization. Rogers getting the title shot is stupid but not surprising given Strikeforce's track record.

It was not going to be for the title. Unless strikeforce went and gayed the matchup even more by making it a title fight. Anyways, Overeem should get the title stripped away for refusing to take a pre-fight drugtest and for destroying any chance at a fedor-overeem this summer. Hell the guy hasn't defended his belt in what over 2 years? God forbid someone ask him to take a piss test after not fighting in that promotion for a couple years.

i mean it doesnt really make sense' date=' giving a title shot to someone who's coming off a loss

Fair enough he was beat of the best in the world, and Fedor is going to fight at dream for 1 fight....but he surely can be slung into a title shot...?

Any thoughts??[/quote']

I thought its not even a title fight. Just rumors i guess though...was anything confirmed?

... it is not listed as a title-fight on Strikeforce.com >

Quote :

ST. LOUIS (March 19, 2009) ?World Heavyweight Champion Alistair ?The Demolition Man? Overeem (32-11) will make his highly anticipated return to action against heavy-handed knockout artist Brett ?The Grim? Rogers (10-1) in the main event of a STRIKEFORCE mixed martial arts (MMA) extravaganza at Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Mo., on Saturday, May 15.

Any thoughts??[/quote']

Well let me help you out there.

How long have you been watching Strikeforce?

Do you remember Rodgers vs Arlovski?

it happened just months after Fedor/Arlovski of 2009, the winner of that match got a title shot!

Since Overeem pussed out on the fight claiming an injury the fight was postponed, even when Overeem was to face Werdum, Overeem postponed again saying that his arm was still hurt, but yet fought in K-1.

So in the meantime Fedor came to Strikeforce, and Rodgers wanted to fight Fedor as did Fedor wanted to fight Rodgers. But no one seems to know is that that fight was for the WAMMA Heavyweight Title which Fedor has. So Rodgers fought for the WAMMA title, but still has #1 contention for Strikeforces title too.

That just goes to show how little depth Strikeforce actually has. When the best guy you have to throw at the "champion" is a guy who just got KOd' date=' then you have a problem in your organization. The fact that Fedor hasn't even fought for the Strikeforce title is just ridiculous. Tons of guys win titles in their first fight in the organization. Rogers getting the title shot is stupid but not surprising given Strikeforce's track record.[/quote']

Again ignorance by another *********, Rodgers vs Fedor was a co-promotion. Not a Strikeforce only fight, the fight was Strikeforces #1 contender going against The WAMMA Heavyweight Champ. Since Overeem didnt want to fight Rodgers, they gave Rodgers to Fedor instead which is a step up for Brett Rodgers, and I think he did a great job against someone like Fedor.

Now that Overeem is back and hopefully off the roids he can finally defend against the guy who has been waiting over a year for his title shot. Just like Werdum vs Fedor would also be a Co=Promotional fight which Fedor will defend his WAMMA title again against another top 10 fighter in Werdum.

Archived