Who's next for Jones?

tkoehler10

Hes made a big impact so far in his short time with the UFC...last nights win over Vera made him look that much more impressive, especially finishing him in the first round. So my question is who or whats next for Jones? I think he need's one more big win over a big name fighter to secure his status as a contender for the title...Thiago Silva has lost 2/3 of his last matches, losing to Machida and Evans...a win over Jones would get Silva back up the ladder but a win over Silva for Jones would secure his legacy even more. If not that, what does everyone think about Bones fighting the winner of Forrest Griffin/Antonio Rogerio Nogueira...just some idea's floating around...I think Silva/Griffin?Nogueira are the best matches for Jones right now..a win over any of them and he is a for sure contender!

Randy. Plain and simple. Either stop the kid with a seasoned warrior, or finally answer the questions about Randy and how he would fare against a truly dangerous and dynamic young opponent. I don't think his last two fights qualified as such. I'm a huge Captain America fan, but if they're playing the part of Mickey in Rocky III and giving him has beens to protect his legacy, I'd rather see him finished. Proof? Just look at Couture/Gonzaga, and then watch Couture/Vera. Too cautious, goes down when hit too easily.

Randy. Plain and simple. Either stop the kid with a seasoned warrior' date=' or finally answer the questions about Randy and how he would fare against a truly dangerous and dynamic young opponent. I don't think his last two fights qualified as such. I'm a huge Captain America fan, but if they're playing the part of Mickey in Rocky III and giving him has beens to protect his legacy, I'd rather see him finished. Proof? Just look at Couture/Gonzaga, and then watch Couture/Vera. Too cautious, goes down when hit too easily.[/quote']

i dont agree with you...dana wouldnt do that to randy, thats like puttin cheick kongo against machida, nobody wants to see somebody get dominated, they want to see good, close fights that COULD end in devastating fashion

I think that Griffen or Rampage are obvious choices. They're both former champs that are looking for their shot at regaining the title. A fight with Jones would solidify either Jones or the other fighter for another title shot. An outside choice would be Evans but since he trains in the same gym as Jones I just don't see this as a realistic option.

Well I do want to see Thiago Silva and Jones fight(so so badly) but its unfair to Thiago because a loss to Jones right now would drop his contender status off the radar for a while, when if he won all people would say would be "Jon Jones wasnt ready for such a high level fighter" and would almost completely discount the win for Silva and wouldnt move him up very far in the contender status.

I think a good match-up would be Ryan Bader which would be very beneifcal to the winner or Tito Ortiz because itll pit him against a past champion which will say alot(hes probably busy with TUF so Griffin could be another option)

the logical choice would be thiago silva because he doesnt have a fight lined up. forrest is fighting lil nog soon and we dont know if there will be injuries after the fight. if thiago were to lose vs jones then people would write it off beacuse everybody thinks jon jones is a world beater. if he wins people would say well looks like bones wasnt ready. however they would still credit thiago for his skill and it would put him back in the mix.

Well I do want to see Thiago Silva and Jones fight(so so badly) but its unfair to Thiago because a loss to Jones right now would drop his contender status off the radar for a while' date=' when if he won all people would say would be "Jon Jones wasnt ready for such a high level fighter" and would almost completely discount the win for Silva and wouldnt move him up very far in the contender status.

I think a good match-up would be Ryan Bader which would be very beneifcal to the winner or Tito Ortiz because itll pit him against a past champion which will say alot(hes probably busy with TUF so Griffin could be another option)[/quote']

then he better win the bout like every other contender has to do...nothing to do with unfair

Give him Machida for the belt. He is probably ready right now lol. He will prbably get Griffin/ lil nog winner and destroy whoever especially if its forrest. He would just take a bad bad beating. Jones is just too quick and big and strong for anyone else imo. Rampage could ko him but I think Jones will beat him to the punch. If he lands an elbow like he did on Vera on any LHW the belt is his lol.

Archived