Poor F.Griffin

moaL

UFC.com's front page video freeze-image for anderson silvas interview. Felt they could've used a different one because I like the guy but meh. Forrest is scheduled to fight Rog?rio at UFC114, thoughts? I personally think Forrest can grind out a three round UD but thats just me.

UFC.com's front page video freeze-image for anderson silvas interview. Felt they could've used a different one because I like the guy but meh. Forrest is scheduled to fight Rog?rio at UFC114' date=' thoughts? I personally think Forrest can grind out a three round UD but thats just me.[/quote']

I don't believe Forrest can handle him. I guess we'll see.

UFC.com's front page video freeze-image for anderson silvas interview. Felt they could've used a different one because I like the guy but meh. Forrest is scheduled to fight Rog?rio at UFC114' date=' thoughts? I personally think Forrest can grind out a three round UD but thats just me.[/quote']

His career as a top prospect is over.

Too many predators in the division for someone who is just above average.

I would just like to remind people that Forrest did defeat Quinton with both a great gameplan on the feet' date=' and good JJ when on his back. Im gonna say Forrest Griffin by UD. A tuff UD.[/quote']

^this.

Forrest had a bad game plan against the Spider. He should have taken him down and used his size advantage to wear him out.

Forrest should use the leg kicks, lots of head movement, and his reach advantage to keep Lil Nog away. He can't stay in striking distance or he will lose. Either stay away, or straight to the clinch.

i guess people forget forrest is a former champ? he did beat rampage who in my opinion is the hardest standup striker in the game,he avoided quintons big punches,wore out his legs with kicks,wrestled him to wear him down and sumbmission attempts to keep him guessing and pressured,forrest is highly underrated in his standup and his bjj, and they are both improving with every fight,his standup was too much for rashad to handle until he caught that kick not to mention forrest has tremendous heart,determination and he could tae a punch or two, i say forrest takes this one,oh and btw hes alot better then slightly above average as someone said^^^^^

I really like Forrest, but I dont see him being able to handle LIL Nog in the standup or on the ground. Hes very good but Nog is that much better. Best of luck to Forrest though I hope he can pull out a win, I dont see it in his favor though.

I'll give him this.

He's achieved more than his natural talent dictates he should have. It takes a degree of intelligence to do that' date=' and I respect Forrest for it.[/quote']

I always thought that it was heart and determination that gave him and edge despite his sub par fighting skills. Hell, based on those qualities alone I gave him a fighting chance vs Anderson. Anderson not only exposed Forrest's lack of skills (which everyone saw coming) but he exposed Forrest's lack of heart (which 'm pretty sure no one saw coming). Forrest was not knocked out in the fight he waved Anderson off and gave up then left the ring in shame. Ever since then I have no faith in this guy.

Forest needs to get inside and use his reach advantage while avoiding Nog's precision striking which is very precise.

Sorry' date=' just came from Stupid Comments' thread.[/quote']

You kind of did, saying he needs to get inside and use his reach advantage is contradictory. He needs to stay on the outside and leg kick the crap out of Rogerio in the first round. Toss out some jabs and wear him down, maybe walk away with a decision. But props on the classic Mike Goldberg quote!

Rogerio will destroy him. KO.

I have no qualm with Forrest' date=' but I can not see him winning this fight.[/quote']

Ah yes, but did you see him winning the Shogun or Rampage fight? One of the only reasons why I like Griffin in this fight is because so many people are counting him out. I just have this feeling that he's going to pull off the upset. Haven't had this feeling in quite some time.

Ah yes' date=' but did you see him winning the Shogun or Rampage fight? One of the only reasons why I like Griffin in this fight is because so many people are counting him out. I just have this feeling that he's going to pull off the upset. Haven't had this feeling in quite some time.[/quote']

True enough. But for the record, a healthy Shogun would dismantle him, as well.

I think this -- like the Silva fight -- is one I can feel comfortable counting Forrest out.

Well' date=' it makes sense they chose that image. That fight really highlighted Silva's dominance as a fighter.[/quote']

I know but it seemed that F.Griffin is trying to erase that image, and there it is for all to see.

I'll give him this.

He's achieved more than his natural talent dictates he should have. It takes a degree of intelligence to do that' date=' and I respect Forrest for it.[/quote']

Couldn't have said it any better.

Archived