Ken Shamrock HOF?

JayMezAA

Okay' date=' so I understand that he is a famous name. Other than that, what has he done to deserve to be in the HOF? His record in the UFC was (7-6-2), not very impressive, and he never held a belt. Any thoughts?[/quote']

Uh he won the first ever UFC LHW title belt and defended it 4 times and vacated to retirement?

hes a pioneer of the sport

the first person in the UFC to hold a title belt

took part in the first UFC

Okay, my bad on the belt thing. I forgot that there was a Superfight Championship Belt. The other point doesn't matter, there were other people that participated in the first UFC that aren't in the HOF. Just my opinion though, I think he got in off of his well-known name.

Okay' date=' so I understand that he is a famous name. Other than that, what has he done to deserve to be in the HOF? His record in the UFC was (7-6-2), not very impressive, and he never held a belt. Any thoughts?[/quote']

Super fight champ held a belt

and not everything is about records you know

you really need to look past records and see what lies underneath

Okay' date=' so I understand that he is a famous name. Other than that, what has he done to deserve to be in the HOF? His record in the UFC was (7-6-2), not very impressive, and [b']he never held a belt[/b]. Any thoughts?

Actually, he's techically the first UFC HW champion. The UFC superfight title was later made into the UFC hw title. Ken was the first on to hold that.

Actually' date=' he's techically the first UFC HW champion. The UFC superfight title was later made into the UFC hw title. Ken was the first on to hold that.[/quote']

Should've read a few more posts down, I've already corrected myself on that.

Archived