what is all the hype for?

MMA_FirstDegree

Sorry fedor fans, Ive done my research and I cant see why someone would say he is the best in the world. He's a good fighter no doubt but have you seen his opponent list not as impressive as multiple other fighters. Yeah I get at the time calling him the best because he never lost but now that you take a step back I think you need to stop looking at just the numbers. If someone can tell me the fights that show hes the best please let me know. Please dont just talk smack like ooo 31-1 whats that mean. Because I fight and I know that I can find 31 people easy that I can beat their **** especially submit them which is easy to do when someone is inexperienced in Jitz and also how fedor won most of his fights. Dont talk trash just say the facts

i think we all want to see Fedor up his competition.

Until he does I dont think he's the best anymore' date=' maybe at one time yes. But still a great fighter and a legend of the sport.[/quote']

i completely agree, Fedor is amazing but i dont think he is the best, not saying he couldnt beat the best but until he steps up and does it, you cant call him the best

"Ma name MMA_FirstDegree...Dur....me no no nothing bout no MMA dur..."

That's you that's what you sound like...now clean up your first post and dust yourself off' date=' Fedor hate not welcome.[/quote']

he was not hating he was just stating a very valid point, untill he fights brock, cain,jds, mir u cant say he is still the best. he hs to prove it

he was not hating he was just stating a very valid point' date=' untill he fights brock, cain,jds, mir u cant say he is still the best. he hs to prove it[/quote']

I can't stress enough how much you all need to go to my thread. So instead, I will just post my OP in here.

Before we get started' date=' I don't care about your opinion. These are facts, rankings, records and accolades in black and ****ing white. This is not my opinion and you have no reason to argue me with your opinion that Sylvia sucks or Kongo was top 10. This is not my opinion, these are records, rankings and accolades. So go argue with your local MMA rankings, not me.

I am here to give you the resume's of heavyweights that frequently come up in arguments around here. Don't worry, I am on disability and have too much free time on my hands anyway, so it's no sweat to write this. But in the end it should save me a lot of time anyway, since I can redirect anyone who argues this topic in the future to this. Here's the list of fighters we'll be examining.

Fedor Emelianenko

Frank Mir

Brock Lesnar

Cain Velasquez

Junior Dos Santos

We'll break down opponents, notable wins, records, titles held, titles held by opponents and ranks at the time of the fight. It's too much to add the win streak of every opponent so search it yourself. Now, some rankings might be randomized by studying their win streaks, opponents etc. at the time of the fights. Champions make the notable wins list auto. It's hard to know everyone's ranks from 7 years ago. Let's start with the almighty.

[u']Fedor Emelianenko 31-1-1[/u]

Titles won: 5.

WAMMA HW champion, Pride HW champion, Pride Gran Prix champion, Rings World Class HW champion, Rings King Of Kings tournament champion

Record against title holders: 9-0

Notable victories:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira x2 -2003 & 2005 Rank: 1 & 2 (Pride & UFC HW champion. Rings King Of Kings tourny champion)

Mark Coleman x2 2001 & 2006 6 & 11 (Pride & UFC open weight tourny champion, UFC HW champion)

Mirko Cro Cop - 2005 Rank: 4 (Pride Open Weight Gran Prix champion)

Andrei Arlovski - 2009 Rank: 2 (UFC HW champion)

Tim Sylvia - 2009 Rank: 5 (2 time UFC HW champion)

Kevin Randleman 2004 Rank: 12 (UFC HW champion)

Ricardo Arona - 2000 rank: unknown

Renato Sobral - 2000 Rank: unknown but record 19-2 at the time (Strikeforce lhw champion)

Last 3 opponents:

Win - Brett Rogers 10-0 Rank: 7

Win - Andrei Arlovski 15-5 Rank: 2

Win - Tim Sylvia 24-4 Rank: 5

Frank Mir 13-4

Titles won: 2

UFC HW championship x2

Record Against Title Holders: 3-1

Notable victories:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira - 2008 Rank 4

Tim Sylvia - 2004 Rank: 2

Brock Lesnar - 2009 rank: unranked (UFC HW champion)

Last 3 opponents:

Win - Chieck Kongo 14-5 Rank: 15

Loss - Brock Lesnar 3-1 Rank 4

Win - Rodrigo Nogueira 31-4 Rank 4

Brock Lesnar 4-1

Titles won: 1

UFC HW champion

Record against title holders: 2-1

Notable victories:

Frank Mir -2009 Rank: 3

Randy Couture - 2009 Rank: 4 (hadn't fought in over a year so his ranking obviously dropped if you're wondering)

Last 3 opponents:

Win - Frank Mir 12-4 Rank 3

Win - Randy Couture 16-9 Rank 4

Win - Heath Herring Rank 13

Cain Velasquez 8-0

Titles won: 0

Record against title holders: 2-0

Notable victories:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 32-5 Rank 4

Ben Rothwell 30-6 2010 - Rank 14 (IFL champion)

Last 3 opponents:

Win - Nogueira Rank 4

Win - Ben Rothwell - Rank 14

Win - Chieck Kongo 14-4 Rank 11

Junior Dos Santos 10-1

Titles held: 0

Record against title holders: 1-0

Notable victories:

Fabricio Werdum 11-3 Rank 7

Mirko Cro Cop 25-6 Rank 12

Gilbert Yvel 36-13 Rank 15

Last 3 opponents:

Win - Gilbert Yvel 36-13 rank 15

Win - Mirko Cro Cop 25-6 rank 12

Win - Stefan Struve 16-2 Rank top 20

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would go through Arlovski, Werdum, Carwin, Sylvia and Rogers, but it's simply too much work. As you can tell I got lazy towards the end on looking the date of the fights, as most of the latter fighters' resumes have been recent memory anyway...

Moral of the story is, 3 wins over top 10 opponents for Fedor in his last 3. 2 for Brock, 1 for Mir, 1 for Cain, none for JDS.

You tell me who's not fighting top competition. :rolleyes:

It's pretty clear who the #1 HW in the world is right now. He's the only guy who has beaten 3 top 10 HWs in his last 3 fights. He's the only guy who has even FOUGHT 3 top 10 HWs in his last 3 fights. He's Fedor. So FFS....

/discussion

It's not hype, it's a legacy.

I don't know if you can call anything related to Fedor "hype" he's definitely established and proven himself throughout the years (as aphla's post will show). That being said, id love to see him step into the ufc and fight some of the top tier guys and end all these back and forth arguments!

alpha_omega....i have been following the ufc forum for about 8 mos or so but have just now actually became a member....i have to say i've prolly read thousands of posts from you and disagree with most but i'll give credit where credit is due....i dont think anyone has said what needs to be said about fedor than you...not trying to suck your **** or anything but hats off....that thread was off the hook....i don't really understand how anyone could try to discredit fedor and say he's duckin the ufc...fact is the hottest chick in the bar doesnt have to go pick up guys to prove she's hot....the guys lining up to the chick prove it....fedor doesnt need to go out and prove himself.....everyone needs to go find him to prove themselves...the sad thing is if he goes to the ufc he will prolly be over the hill and we won't get to see the true fedor....but who knows....nobody expected hendo to go to sf....so it's not outside the realm of possibility that a current ufc contender somehow sneak in...but these fools puttin jds and cain with fedor is absolutely rediculous...they're great up and comers...but not even close to the legend

.... the anti-fedor clan never names a superior multi-dimensional hw with a better resume & skillset ...

.... Yawn, .. there is no modern-day multi-dimensional hw-mma fighter to draw a comparison, excluding Nogueira who Fedor beatdown twice (standing & on the mat) .. the last 4 UFC/ hw champions have a combined career submission total of 14, if you want to throw in dos Santos & Velasquez, the number goes to 15 ... Fedor has 16 career submissions & one-punch power as we've seen recently...

Again, your entire argument is based on 100% bs-speculation & Fedors' supporters stand

on the facts ...

I can't stress enough how much you all need to go to my thread. So instead' date=' I will just post my OP in here.

It's not hype, it's a legacy.[/quote']

No one is doubting the fact that at one point is history, yes he was the best heavyweight in the world. But around that same point, Cro Cop was a beast, Tito Ortiz was the reigning king of the LHW belt, and people didn't know who GSP was.

Times changes.

(My timeline is probably a little off, but you get the picture)

No one is doubting the fact that at one point is history' date=' yes he was the best heavyweight in the world. But around that same point, Cro Cop was a beast, Tito Ortiz was the reigning king of the LHW belt, and people didn't know who GSP was.

Times changes.

(My timeline is probably a little off, but you get the picture)[/quote']

As of now, Fedor is undeniably the #1 hw in the world. Would he beat everyone in the UFC? Would people in the UFC beat him? That's speculation, and I don't speculate. But facts show he is the only hw to have even fought 3 top 10 opponents in his last 3 fights. JDS hasn't fought a top 10 opponent in his last 4 fights.

Sorry fedor fans' date=' I[b']ve done my research[/b] and I cant see why someone would say he is the best in the world. He's a good fighter no doubt but have you seen his opponent list not as impressive as multiple other fighters. Yeah I get at the time calling him the best because he never lost but now that you take a step back I think you need to stop looking at just the numbers. If someone can tell me the fights that show hes the best please let me know. Please dont just talk smack like ooo 31-1 whats that mean. Because I fight and I know that I can find 31 people easy that I can beat their **** especially submit them which is easy to do when someone is inexperienced in Jitz and also how fedor won most of his fights. Dont talk trash just say the facts

you obveusly didnt do much research at all

and i dont think a guy can rack up 32 fights in even a half **** organization without being experienced in "Jitz"

the facts are everywhere, just research more,

So no one has said anything to refute Fedor's legacy or the information that Alpha has put together. If you want to disagree with all the experts who say Fedor is #1 then present some valid information to support your position otherwise it's obvious you are hard for UFC brand.

Sorry fedor fans' date=' Ive done my research and I cant see why someone would say he is the best in the world. He's a good fighter no doubt but have you seen his opponent list not as impressive as multiple other fighters. Yeah I get at the time calling him the best because he never lost but now that you take a step back I think you need to stop looking at just the numbers. If someone can tell me the fights that show hes the best please let me know. Please dont just talk smack like ooo 31-1 whats that mean. Because I fight and I know that I can find 31 people easy that I can beat their **** especially submit them which is easy to do when someone is inexperienced in Jitz and also how fedor won most of his fights. Dont talk trash just say the facts[/quote']

Wow YOUR RIGHT... absolutely!

we need guys like Anderson Silva who face guys like Maia.. now thats a real step up in competition!!! what a true champion!! cause i mean fighting at 205 and facing the tough guys like little N0G, Shogun, Rampage, or his but buddy machida are impossible cause hes to small for LHW!! i mean what does he walk around at??!! 230?? Maia has got to be atleast walking at around 195.. hell yeah now thats a match up!! and hey i heard maia is working on his stand up!! maybe hell knock out Silva.. or submit em and then maybe Edgar can score a flying triangle on BJ!! Fedor haters make me wanna shoot myself

Wow YOUR RIGHT... absolutely!

we need guys like Anderson Silva who face guys like Maia.. now thats a real step up in competition!!! what a true champion!! cause i mean fighting at 205 and facing the tough guys like little N0G' date=' Shogun, Rampage, or his but buddy machida are impossible cause hes to small for LHW!! i mean what does he walk around at??!! 230?? Maia has got to be atleast walking at around 195.. hell yeah now thats a match up!! and hey i heard maia is working on his stand up!! maybe hell knock out Silva.. or submit em and then maybe Edgar can score a flying triangle on BJ!! Fedor haters make me wanna shoot myself[/quote']

Don't let it bother you. The guy obviously never seen a Fedor fight.

So no one has said anything to refute Fedor's legacy or the information that Alpha has put together. If you want to disagree with all the experts who say Fedor is #1 then present some valid information to support your position otherwise it's obvious you are hard for UFC brand.

... anti-fedorism is rooted in a psychoticism stemming from social-inadequacies :

Psychoticism450.jpgbst0014l.jpg

Not to toot my own horn or anything. But I noticed when I put together that thread, 90% of the regular Fedor haters here did not respond. Coinkidink? I think not.

Archived