Jones did the same as Kongo, Why aren't you complaining about him?

AxemurdererCAN

It's true, i've read on here how people are upset because they think Kongo is a coward. But I haven't read one thing on Jones taking Vera down.

Think about it, you're upset you didn't get to see Kongo stand with the Headhunter just like the UFC promo had promised you. Remember the last time the UFC promised a stand-up war? Kos and Rumble ( which I can show you proof if you don't believe Kos got poked)

But just because there is a huge hype train coming through these forums for Jones. You are not complaining about him taking Vera down and GnP him. Kongo stood more with Buentello then Jones did with Vera. I know that the fights weren't close as long but still show Kongo a little god damn respect he made Paul give up. Which is something you will never see again

bones fractured vera's skull (eat it tito).

he finished him...first round...

vera is better on the ground than buentello...bones controlled him...

and he finished him...first round...via fractured skull...

lets recap... ;)

Ya I know it was huge, i'm not taking anything away from Bones I just hate how people are disrespecting Kongo's game plan calling him a coward and how he is not a man because he beat Buentello like he did.

bones fractured vera's skull (eat it tito).

he finished him...first round...

vera is better on the ground than buentello...bones controlled him...

and he finished him...first round...via fractured skull...

lets recap... ;)

No, the only ones complaining about hte Kongo fight are fools who should just go watch boxing if they don't understand MMA is a sport that has multifacets to it.

It's true' date=' i've read on here how people are upset because they think Kongo is a coward. But I haven't read one thing on Jones taking Vera down.

Think about it, you're upset you didn't get to see Kongo stand with the Headhunter just like the UFC promo had promised you. Remember the last time the UFC promised a stand-up war? Kos and Rumble ( which I can show you proof if you don't believe Kos got poked)

But just because there is a huge hype train coming through these forums for Jones. You are not complaining about him taking Vera down and GnP him. Kongo stood more with Buentello then Jones did with Vera. I know that the fights weren't close as long but still show Kongo a little god damn respect he made Paul give up. Which is something you will never see again[/quote']

Jones is more of a complete fighter compared to Kongo, and is undefeated. Kongo is not a coward though, he just stuck to his gameplan.

No' date=' the only ones complaining about hte Kongo fight are fools who should just go watch boxing if they don't understand MMA is a sport that has multifacets to it.[/quote']

agreed.

i wasnt taking anything away from kongo...he fought the smart fight, he won. he showed he wasnt exclusively a striker. i love that he has the ability to take his opponent down, to impose his will, etc. i have more respect for a fighter that has the ability to work effectively where ever the fight may go.

people need to keep their eyes off the hype machine, and think, logically, like a fighter.

"over-specialize and you breed in weakness"

everyone expected a good stand up show (match makers, fans of both guys, casual fans, people running the 'show')..... who wants to see kongo (a retard as far as ground skills goes) grapple with someone even worse than him.....

get 2 guys from your local wrestling school and pay them $100 to grapple, would have been a better show.

if the match makers had a idea check would do that, they would have matched him with someone else.... (they gave him some slack by not matching him with a grappler, and probably the only person with less ground skills than him)

mixed martial artist is a job, kongo wasn't 'hired' for his world renowned grappling skills......

lol you could clearly see after the fight he wasn't happy with himself..... trying to explain himself.

i love to see all aspects of mma, but 2 excellent standup fighters rolling around in a sad fashion.... (name 2 worse ground fighters.) sack up and throw some fists!!

kongo stop being greedy and scared of losing your job, and put on a show

everyone expected a good stand up show (match makers' date=' fans of both guys, casual fans, people running the 'show')..... who wants to see kongo (a retard as far as ground skills goes) grapple with someone even worse than him.....

get 2 guys from your local wrestling school and pay them $100 to grapple, would have been a better show.

if the match makers had a idea check would do that, they would have matched him with someone else.... (they gave him some slack by not matching him with a grappler, and probably the only person with less ground skills than him)

mixed martial artist is a job, kongo wasn't 'hired' for his world renowned grappling skills......

lol you could clearly see after the fight he wasn't happy with himself..... trying to explain himself.

i love to see all aspects of mma, but 2 excellent standup fighters rolling around in a sad fashion.... ([b']name 2 worse ground fighters[/b].) sack up and throw some fists!!

kongo stop being greedy and scared of losing your job, and put on a show

Kimbo/Alexander theres your 2

People are morons. Simply put. Everyone says Kongo cant wrestle(including myself) thats why he always loses. And after losing time and time again due to his wrestling and overall ground game, after last nights fight you can see he has obviously been training in his weakness....good for him!! He came out and displays his much improved wrestling.

People are morons. Simply put. Everyone says Kongo cant wrestle(including myself) thats why he always loses. And after losing time and time again due to his wrestling and overall ground game' date=' after last nights fight you can see he has obviously been training in his weakness....good for him!! [b']He came out and displays his much improved wrestling[/b].

It was even more impressive considering Paul Buentello has world class takedown defense.

It's true' date=' i've read on here how people are upset because they think Kongo is a coward. But I haven't read one thing on Jones taking Vera down.

But just because there is a huge hype train coming through these forums for Jones. You are not complaining about him taking Vera down and GnP him. Kongo stood more with Buentello then Jones did with Vera. I know that the fights weren't close as long but still show Kongo a little god damn respect he made Paul give up. Which is something you will never see again[/quote']

Kongo had a game plan and he stuck with it. He's smart and did what worked so good for him.

easy' date='

Kongo is "one of the best heavyweight strikers" but he is scared to strike.

and Jones is a wrestler so you expect it from him.[/quote']

Ridiculous logic unless you also feel the UFC should be dictating the winners and losers before the fight even takes place.

You can sell Kongo as a striker, which he is, but that doesn't mean he plans in just kickboxing. Doesn't he have the right to try to win in whatever way suits him best. If Paul didn't like it, he should have done something about it then.

I think people are more angry about Kongo because it seemed like he was absolutely refusing to stand with Buentello. Everytime Buentello went for a strike he owuld take him down. Jones on the otherhand can't be accused of refusing to stand and trade because the fight only lasted three minutes. So Jones may have stood and traded with him if the fight would have lasted longer but he decided to take him down and beat him early.

Jones is a wrestler laying a take down on someone known to have an A+ level ground game. Why is that cowardly?

Kongo is supposed to be the #1 striker in Heavyweight. His gameplan was pretty good, but what most of us really wanted to see was a standing war out of Paul vs Cheick.

Each fighter had a gameplan and they stuck to it . Half of you are pissed off because you didn't see Kongo strike. cry me a river my god.

The reason I started this thread is because people were calling Kongo a coward for using his wrestling. The name of the game is hit and don't get hit. That is what he did.

No' date=' the only ones complaining about hte Kongo fight are fools who should just go watch boxing if they don't understand MMA is a sport that has multifacets to it.[/quote']

This hits the nail on the head. The same people who are calling Kongo a coward are probably the same ones who lambast him for being too one dimensional. Well, he added a new dimension to his game against Buentello, and the Headhunter, despite his vaunted takedown defence, had no answer for it. I like Paul Buentello, but the most significant hits he landed during the whole fight were the taps on the mat to end it.

Archived