Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch

0verrated

Fitch vs. Alves is a very big WW fight, as they are the # 2 and 3 WW's. This fight will determine the clear cut # 2 in the division. Does the winner of this fight get another shot at GSP after he destroys Hardy.

Whats everyones thoughts on this fight? Will Alves KO him like he says he is going too?

Or, does this go to a decision?

I like Alves in this fight via UD. I still think Alves vs Paulo Thiago would be an awesome fight in the near future to help determine the top contender.

Alves needs a couple of big name wins before getting another shot at the belt.

I agree, Paulo Thiago is talented fighter. Maybe the winner will fight him.

This is a HUGE fight for the WW division ... Alves/Fitch

Fitch is very good' date=' and surprisingly underrated....the guy would easily be champ if there wasn't a guy named GSP

He's said in interviews that he's developed many new tricks and is looking to get a finish[/quote']

I think most people are not giving Fitch much of a chance. This fight can go either way. I do think its in Fitch's best interest not to stand and exchange punches and kicks with Alves. Alves has heavy mauy thai.

Nope well aware. but that was like 3 years ago or more as well Fitch looked horrible vs. Pierce.

Yes, but I doubt Alves will completely dominate Fitch. I'm not saying who I think will win, because I simply don't know, but I doubt the momentum in their careers would shift the outcome that convincingly that there would not be an option for a decision on this poll.

Yes' date=' but I doubt Alves will completely dominate Fitch. I'm not saying who I think will win, because I simply don't know, but I doubt the momentum in their careers would shift the outcome that convincingly that there would not be an option for a decision on this poll.[/quote']

Oh I agree with you completely, this one is a VERY tough one to call. I like Alves a little more so I hope he wins. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't though.

Also even if Alves wins I do not think he deserves an immediate rematch either, and same can be said for Fitch if he doesn't win in impressive fashion.

Alves showed good take down defence against Kos, who is very similar to Fitch. On top of that, Alves showed good skills defending from his back, so I'm entirely confident that Fitch could do much once taking it to the ground. All in all, if Fitch can't take Alves down, which im speculating that he probably won't, he will get KO'd.... and if he struggles to take Alves down, and cant do anything once it gets there, the he probably wont win a decision. In short, Alves has a couple different ways of finishing Fitch... Fitch only has a few ways of winning a decision.

Alves (T)KO

I don't think this fight will go to a decision. Both fighters are looking to make a statement.

Should be very exciting.

Fitch is known for not be able to be finish

and to not finish fight on his side either.

I think fitch is a really tuff dude,he will come out with a strong gameplan

but I hope alves knock him out

Fitch is known for not be able to be finish

and to not finish fight on his side either.

I think fitch is a really tuff dude' date='he will come out with a strong gameplan

but I hope alves knock him out[/quote']

Fitch keeps stating he's looking to finish Alves.

Alves has some of the strongest mauy thai going and he is a HUGE WW! Look for Fitch to get this fight to the ground asap!

Fitch is a big WW too.

I'm really looking forward to the fight, as I really like both of them, but I say Fitch by UD. I don't think the fight is getting the hype it so greatly deserves.

Fitch is a big WW too.

I'm really looking forward to the fight' date=' as I really like both of them, but I say Fitch by UD. I don't think the fight is getting the hype it so greatly deserves.[/quote']

He doesn't mean height. He meant muscle mass.

Fitch is a big WW too.

I'm really looking forward to the fight' date=' as I really like both of them, but I say Fitch by UD.[/quote']

Yes, Fitch is also a big WW. Who wins .... ?

Dmtl is right. I was thinking muscle mass. Alves should be the stronger of the two

Can't have Alves win 1 match since losing in his title fight to get a rematch.

Yeah I dont know why everyone is kinda giving this one to Alves allready. To start this will be Alves first fight since losing to GSP and he has to fight Fitch the #2 guy who has allready beat him, thats not an easy fight to come back to after a title fight loss.

I know he showed great takedown defense but remember GSP had a torn groin most of the fight which kind of makes it hard to finish a takedown.

Im a Fitch fan so I think hes gonna pull this one out, unfortunatly probably by Unanimous decision though

Yeah I dont know why everyone is kinda giving this one to Alves allready. To start this will be Alves first fight since losing to GSP and he has to fight Fitch the #2 guy who has allready beat him' date=' thats not an easy fight to come back to after a title fight loss.

I know he showed great takedown defense but remember GSP had a torn groin most of the fight which kind of makes it hard to finish a takedown.

Im a Fitch fan so I think hes gonna pull this one out, unfortunatly probably by Unanimous decision though[/quote']

GSP still took him down at will.

Archived