david loiseau is back

emmerin

i just watched a re-airing of ufc fightnight on spike, the main event was evan tanner vs david loiseau, in which loiseau won by cut stoppage. i think that they showed this to hype people up for david loiseau because he has been rumored for TUF11. does anyone else think he will return this season?

i just watched a re-airing of ufc fightnight on spike' date=' the main event was evan tanner vs david loiseau, in which loiseau won by cut stoppage. i think that they showed this to hype people up for david loiseau because he has been rumored for TUF11. does anyone else think he will return this season?[/quote']

the crow always kinda annoyed me...why try to win via cut? it seems so...vindictive...and malicious...

k.flo too. the way he beat karalexis urked me...

the crow always kinda annoyed me...why try to win via cut? it seems so...vindictive...and malicious...

k.flo too. the way he beat karalexis urked me...

I don't think he's going out there every fight with the intent of winning by cuts. He's got some of the best elbows in the game and it just so happens that they're razor sharp.

Telling Loiseau not to throw bows is like telling Anderson Silva not to throw knees or telling Cro Cop he can't kick people in the head. Ridiculous elbows is what makes Loiseau such a beast.

I don't think he's going out there every fight with the intent of winning by cuts. He's got some of the best elbows in the game and it just so happens that they're razor sharp.

Telling Loiseau not to throw bows is like telling Anderson Silva not to throw knees or telling Cro Cop he can't kick people in the head. Ridiculous elbows is what makes Loiseau such a beast.

i'm sure if loiseau is such a beast, he will be able to adapt his game to not end fights with cuts due to elbows. i'm all for elbows, as long as they doent cut a guy up.

it's like lay and pray.

it might be a win, but it doesnt show me anything...you know what i mean...?

Loiseau has so much potential it's ridiculous but something seems to happen to him a lot of fights and he just doesn't pull the trigger. It's because he doesn't give it his all that he's no longer in the UFC.

Here's what he's capable of doing (This was last month)

(old footage)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYBtjkMP3X0 (really old footage)

But then when the fight get's truly important he seem to crack under the pressure.

i'm sure if loiseau is such a beast' date=' he will be able to adapt his game to not end fights with cuts due to elbows. i'm all for elbows, as long as they doent cut a guy up.

it's like lay and pray.

it might be a win, but it doesnt show me anything...you know what i mean...?[/quote']

I get what you're saying, no one wants to see a fight end due to cuts. With that said, you never know when one will open a guy up. Elbows are a key part of Muay Thai and one that Loiseau uses with brutal technique.

You say you're for elbows, but realistically, with elbows come cuts. In order to eliminate fights ended by cuts, elbows must be banned. Next they'll be banning punches to the chin because guys are getting knocked out and it's unfair if you get caught.

I get what you're saying' date=' no one wants to see a fight end due to cuts. With that said, you never know when one will open a guy up. Elbows are a key part of Muay Thai and one that Loiseau uses with brutal technique.

You say you're for elbows, but realistically, with elbows come cuts. In order to eliminate fights ended by cuts, elbows must be banned. Next they'll be banning punches to the chin because guys are getting knocked out and it's unfair if you get caught.[/quote']

i agree 100%. bone's recent elbow(s) are an excellent way to use elbows without winning due to cuts. i think the short elbow is super under utalized...i thought what faber did with brown after he broke his hands was a fantastic example of this...

what i'm against, is simply going into a fight and throwing elbows with the intent to cause a cut. those cuts add up after a while...why shorten a guys career with a lousy elbow...?

i'm not for banning, just a little caution...pick your shots...leg kicks arent illegal, but it's bad sportsmanship to kick in the knee. you can strike behind the ear, but not on the back of the head...

compromise :)

I thought the crow was a very good fighter' date='

and he was on his way to be a great fighter...

then he fought franklin and lost it seemed

he wasnt into the fight, he hasnt been the

same since. I think they cut-him shortly after?[/quote']

He came back at UFC 97 I believe and was cut again when he lost to Ed Herman.

Archived