What If..... (there's a decent possibility of this happening)

ShayneSmithMMA

What if Hardy beats GSP and Daley beats Koscheck for number 1 contender. Hardy and Daley have already said they will not fight eachother... Are we going to get another Silva' date=' Machida thing. I really hope this doesnt happen, im getting tired of all these fighters not wanting to fight their friends.[/quote']

if hardy wins,ill cut of my test-icals

How would Daley/Kos not be a number 1 contender fight? Who gets the next shot Alves? Coming off 1 win since he was destroyed by GSP. I dont see how this is not a #1 contender fight...

Did I say Alves? Nope.

But Kos/Daley don't think will be billed as it either.

jon fitch if he beats alves again should get another shot in my opinion. i believe that will be 4 wins straight since he lost to gsp. which is his only ufc loss.

I am not saying that Fitch doesn't deserve another shot but I don't see him ever beating GSP. Not even on his best day.

it doesnt matter if he hasnt done anything spectacular. frankie edgar is fighting bj and his resume isnt spectacular. and dan hardy only has 4 fights total in the ufc with 3 of them going to decision so tell me what is so spectacular about that? and they are getting a shot at the belt. and if fitch beats alves again we dont know but it could end with good fashion. if he wins he should get a shot again.

What if Hardy beats GSP and Daley beats Koscheck for number 1 contender. Hardy and Daley have already said they will not fight eachother... Are we going to get another Silva' date=' Machida thing. I really hope this doesnt happen, im getting tired of all these fighters not wanting to fight their friends.[/quote']

I know what you mean! fighter just need to fight regardless of their personal relationship to one another.

If he wants that title bad enough it shouldnt matter who he has to go through

Hardy & Daley have beee really good friends for about 10 years, travelling to america and asia together, no way they will put that friendship to the test by fighting in the UFC, no way at all.

I know what you mean, and in some cases I wish that fighters who train in the same gym would square off, I guess it depends on individual cases and how well the fighters know each other.

Hardy & Daley have beee really good friends for about 10 years' date=' travelling to america and asia together, no way they will put that friendship to the test by fighting in the UFC, no way at all.

I know what you mean, and in some cases I wish that fighters who train in the same gym would square off, I guess it depends on individual cases and how well the fighters know each other.[/quote']

hell i know its not tha same, but me and all my friends love to put the gloves on.. we pretty safe about everything,(headgear, mouthpiece,etc.) but sometimes its just good to go out there and f*** around and see what eachothers got.

hell i know its not tha same' date=' but me and all my friends love to put the gloves on.. we pretty safe about everything,(headgear, mouthpiece,etc.) but sometimes its just good to go out there and f*** around and see what eachothers got.[/quote']

A little bit of a difference there my friend!

But no way would these 2 ever fight. What I'm worried about is the fact that for up and comers, there are certain gyms/trainers becoming much more popular and all the top prospects are choosing from a smaller field of trainers. So if this continues and you have a whole load of guys being trained in the same camps, we are getting screwed out of a lot of potential matchups. Bones going to Greg Jacksons basically means he wont face Rashad... and I can see this becmoing a big headache for Dana.

A little bit of a difference there my friend!

But no way would these 2 ever fight. What I'm worried about is the fact that for up and comers' date=' there are certain gyms/trainers becoming much more popular and all the top prospects are choosing from a smaller field of trainers. So if this continues and you have a whole load of guys being trained in the same camps, we are getting screwed out of a lot of potential matchups. Bones going to Greg Jacksons basically means he wont face Rashad... and I can see this becmoing a big headache for Dana.[/quote']

ya that kinda why i said i know its not the same..

Since your new I'll be nice.

Those are a lot of WHAT IF's. Daley/Kos wouldn't be a #1 contenders bout.

a bit condescending dmtl, and your reply is not any better. his point was about the friend vs friend match ups.

anyways, i think fighters not fighting with in camp should be respected for there decision. other then that i don't see why you can't fight a friend that dosen't even belong to the same camp as you.

Archived