Velasquez vs Dos Santos

TwisM�

the 2 real future of the HW division.. i would pick these 2 against any fighter in the division aside from Brock and mybe Mir...

i doubt UFC will make this fight anytime soon to preserve the depth of HW division..

but if they meet soon who would you pick?

for me its Cain cuz hes got more all around talent than Junior.. Cain took all of Kongos big

shots, a seemingly endless stamina and great wrestling plus the power..

Junior has power and speed but he hasnt proven himself to have a good chin aside from his fight with Cro Cop..

anyways its my pick so feel free to prove me wrong.. :D

im still not impressed with cain

sure his KO over big nog was ferocious,but i dont see him having the power to be able to do that to some of the other top tier HW's

and the first time he gets in with a big wrestler (carwin,lesnar) who will be able to easily nullify his takedown's,this big hype train he got after he beat big nog will be de-railed,and hopefully he'll move down to LHW

i'd love to see a fight between him n jon jones

jds is just like nog slow ! all he does is go for the knock out cain would easily control him on the ground people talk about how good nogs jits is well jds isnt nog student not teacher . jds would lose cain would never get tired an land shots while jds swang at air just giving cain an easy for sure take down .cain has great head movement an i havent seen that from dos santos all ive seen is power in a fight the well rounded fight wins an thats cain in this one .

Both Velasquez and Dos Santos should fight at this event.

Or whatever other event Joe Silva and Dana want them in.

Why they wouldn't fight each other would just be $@#*%&!!!

JDS hands down all the way. On his feet or on the ground.

Velasquez would try take JDS down and if he does

JDS would get on top and punch through Cains blocks

and knock him out cold.

I see JDS as future champ (^_^) $$$$$

Kockin out either Carwin or Lesnar (~_~) zzzzz

Cain took all of Kongos big shots...barely. JDS has better stand up for sure and if JDS ground game is as good as its supposed to be' date=' Cain wouldnt be able to LnP him. JDS would win but im sure it would be a great fight.[/quote']

So your saying JDs has better ground game than Big Nog? if cain took nog to the ground it wouldeve been massive destruction aswell so lets not go there. Jds will get pwnd in the ground by Cain.

im still not impressed with cain

sure his KO over big nog was ferocious' date='but i dont see him having the power to be able to do that to some of the other top tier HW's

and the first time he gets in with a big wrestler (carwin,lesnar) who will be able to easily nullify his takedown's,this big hype train he got after he beat big nog will be de-railed,and hopefully he'll move down to LHW

i'd love to see a fight between him n jon jones[/quote']

......LMAO @ u what a moran im sorry but you are...when he was going to fight nog thats what they said..he will be tested against a guy who cant be stopped and has a ground game, and it wasent necesary to take him down he stopped him with a punch Nog has never taken before. sure hes been hit but like that? no

jds is just like nog slow ! all he does is go for the knock out cain would easily control him on the ground people talk about how good nogs jits is well jds isnt nog student not teacher . jds would lose cain would never get tired an land shots while jds swang at air just giving cain an easy for sure take down .cain has great head movement an i havent seen that from dos santos all ive seen is power in a fight the well rounded fight wins an thats cain in this one .

+1,000,000...Jds hasent fought a guy with good head movement like cain and all he has is good power i recognize that but how can he box against a fast guy? speed kills we saw that against Nog and JDs is no different only has more power but who is sure Jds can land a punch on cain? cain takes it all the way.

......LMAO @ u what a moran im sorry but you are...when he was going to fight nog thats what they said..he will be tested against a guy who cant be stopped and has a ground game' date=' and it wasent necesary to take him down he stopped him with a punch Nog has never taken before. sure hes been hit but like that? no[/quote']

lol..before you try and insult someone's intelligence,it would probably be wise to make sure you spelled morOn right;)

just letting you know

and just because i dont claim every fighter that won his latest fight my new favorite fighter and now think he is unstoppable,that dosent make me a morOn

you'r probably one of the exact people who said big nog was done a long time ago...now after cain beats him...mr. brown pride is a god?

please..i dont hop on the band wagon because of one fight

and yes nog has been hit like that

much worse actually

can't wait for this to happen so Cain can ko JDS...

Gonzaga was slow and very predictable,that's how JDS connectes..

The dude threw the same kick 3 or 4 times in about 10 second and finally JDS capitalized on gonzagas predictability.. I saw that counter coming from a mile away..

Cain moves like a WW and his stand up is way more fluid then JDS..

wow everyone here thinks JDS would kill Cain..

well its how u guys feel but i really think in MMA, wrestling/groundgame wins you titles

just like in basketball, offense wins crowd, defense wins championship...

in MMA standup wins crowds groundgame wins titles..

lol..before you try and insult someone's intelligence' date='it would probably be wise to make sure you spelled morOn right;)

just letting you know

and just because i dont claim every fighter that won his latest fight my new favorite fighter and now think he is unstoppable,that dosent make me a morOn

you'r probably one of the exact people who said big nog was done a long time ago...now after cain beats him...mr. brown pride is a god?

please..i dont hop on the band wagon because of one fight

and yes nog has been hit like that

much worse actually[/quote']

I just hope Cain destroys JDS just to shut you up, I'll enjoy that moment really, I will, and you'll keep saying Cain is not good enough yet.... f*** y**u

I'd give it to JDS,I think he relies more on his speed and tactics to get himself into a position where he can get the upper hand. Velasquez has good ground skills and is a big hitter,i just couldn't see his stamina lasting long enough to wear down JDS.

I'd give it to JDS' date='I think he relies more on his speed and tactics to get himself into a position where he can get the upper hand. Velasquez has good ground skills and is a big hitter,i just couldn't see his stamina lasting long enough to wear down JDS.[/quote']

Have u ever seen Cain fight???

Cain is much faster then JDS and questioning his stamina is like questioning diego or guidas stamina..

Standing it has to be given to junior for sure!

Kongo ROCKED cain, but junior would KNOCK HIM OUT!

We have not seen JDS ground game so I thinks it's really funny the people saying cain would own junior on the ground without actually having any clue of what JDS can do!:P

the 2 real future of the HW division.. i would pick these 2 against any fighter in the division aside from Brock and mybe Mir...

i doubt UFC will make this fight anytime soon to preserve the depth of HW division..

but if they meet soon who would you pick?

for me its Cain cuz hes got more all around talent than Junior.. Cain took all of Kongos big

shots' date=' a seemingly endless stamina and great wrestling plus the power..

[b']Junior has power and speed but he hasnt proven himself to have a good chin aside from his fight with Cro Cop[/b]..

anyways its my pick so feel free to prove me wrong.. :D

I guess you must not have seen the shots he tooked from Yvel.

I don't think this fight will happen for atleast another year. I think Cain is going to have some time off and face the winner of Lesnar v Mir/Carwin. JDS should get loser of Mir/Carwin. All in all both would be fantastic fights.

On the thread topic though, we have seen MUCH more of Cain's game at this point then we have of JDS. We've seen Cain's ground game, his improved stand up, his cardio, his chin etc, but all we have seen of JDS is him ktfo just about everyone he faces. To really get a good picture of this match up we'd have to know how JDS's cardio is, because Cain would test it, and we would have to see how well he fights off of his back. My guess is, from what we have seen, is that JDS has good cardio in a 3 rounder as long as he is giving the beating and not receiving one. I think Cain's take downs have the ability to wear JDS out quck. Secondly, I dont see JDS being the kind of guy to fight off of his back, but to look to stand it back up... the guy isn't going to have Nogueria bjj.

All this being said I like JDS much more then I like Cain (based purely off of personality) so I'd go JDS (T)KO rd 1

Archived