thought on shane carwin

e_r_i_k

ive been reading that everyone in these forums believe JDS n cain velasquez are the future of the HW division,but havent seen one person mention carwin

why is that?

for a HW thats never even went half way through round 1,he dosent get any credit at all

just wondering why everyone overlooks a guy that can KO someone with his pinky,a college wrestling background,fierce competitor,and the humblness to know what holes he has in his game and improve upon them

i personally love the guy and i believe him,brock,JDS,and frank mir and the real future of the HW division

and after time,todd duffee will probably be a major factor as well

i mean that guy has to cut weight to make 265 and he's like what? 21,22?

i think with more guys coming along that are huge like that,a lot of the smaller HW's such as cain velasquez will have no other choice but to bulk up or move down weight classes

Hype' date=' bandwagons... etc, I am on teh Carwin bandwagon don't worry.[/quote']

lol...yup me too..cant wait for saturday...ive waited a whole year just to see him fight again...lol

Because Cain and JDS fought most recently' date=' wait a week.[/quote']

lol probably true...and the first time either of them lose,a lot of people will log in here saying...."see i told you cain/JDS sucked,they have no future in this division"

Cain and JDS have faught more impressive opponents.

how?...gabriel gonzaga was shane carwin's big nog

who has cain fought?

kongo?..lol yea we all saw that one going to the ground,where kongo sucks

ben rothwell...yea definetly top level competition

big nog...yes ill for sure give him that one,but werent most people saying he was done BEFORE their fight?

JDS...

no further argument from me

he's a monster

I like Carwin but I dont think this is a good match up with Mir, I think Mir is going to shoot straight to BJJ and submit the guy, Carwin is a great wrestler but he hasnt seen past the 1st round yet so ... if Mir tires him out which is most likely what is strat is I think Carwin is going to have problems -

I think Carwin / Lesnar would have been a more entertaining match up.

who has cain fought?

kongo?..lol yea we all saw that one going to the ground' date='where kongo sucks

big nog...yes ill for sure give him that one,but werent most people saying he was done BEFORE their fight?

JDS...

he's a monster[/quote']

you should know what you are saying...dont say all that crap, Big Nog was in 100% in Cain velasquez, he said it, so dont be stupid and think what you are saying, rothwell before that fight, he won 14 of 15 fights.....what's your problem with cain? I mean c'mon you are just adoring JDS for twoo good fights (gonzaga and cro cop) please kiddo it's time to open your eyes.

ive been reading that everyone in these forums believe JDS n cain velasquez are the future of the HW division' date='but havent seen one person mention carwin

why is that?

for a HW thats never even went half way through round 1,he dosent get any credit at all

just wondering why everyone overlooks a guy that can KO someone with his pinky,a college wrestling background,fierce competitor,and the humblness to know what holes he has in his game and improve upon them

i personally love the guy and i believe him,brock,JDS,and frank mir and the real future of the HW division

and after time,todd duffee will probably be a major factor as well

i mean that guy has to cut weight to make 265 and he's like what? 21,22?

i think with more guys coming along that are huge like that,a lot of the smaller HW's such as cain velasquez will have no other choice but to bulk up or move down weight classes[/quote']

carwin born on january 4, 1975 (age 35), i agree that he is what is big and interesting about the hw, along with a few others.

but cain and jds are the newest thing to the hw division and the have proved them selves impressivly. fans are always interested in new fighters that have the lvl of talent these 2 guys have. nothing more nothing less...

you also mentioned later on, about the fighters cain fought. they where not great hw other then big nog but he also destroed every single one of them in impressive fashion..

you should know what you are saying...dont say all that crap' date=' Big Nog was in 100% in Cain velasquez, he said it, so dont be stupid and think what you are saying, rothwell before that fight, he won 14 of 15 fights.....what's your problem with cain? I mean c'mon you are just adoring JDS for twoo good fights (gonzaga and cro cop) please kiddo it's time to open your eyes.[/quote']

and i also said ill definetly give cain props for beating big nog

and i have no problem with cain whatsoever...he has big potential...just not in the HW division imo

well...he'll do good at HW...but i mean i dont think he has potential to be the champ at HW

and with rothwell...yea ok if your really trying to tell me he was game for that fight (big ben has little ground game)then whatever

everyone that they put cain against,with the exception of big nog,has inferior ground skills

and that is exactly why i give him props for beating nog...i gave him 0% chance to win...and he amazed me

and also with JDS...u left out werdum...i really could care less about cro cop...seems like beating cro cop is the thing to do at HW these days

and please...dont think calling me stupid cause our opinions are different make what you say more important

carwin born on january 4' date=' 1975 (age 35), i agree that he is what is big and interesting about the hw, along with a few others.

but cain and jds are the newest thing to the hw division and the have proved them selves impressivly. fans are always interested in new fighters that have the lvl of talent these 2 guys have. nothing more nothing less...

you also mentioned later on, about the fighters cain fought. they where not great hw other then big nog but [b']he also destroed every single one of them in impressive fashion[/b]..

and no HW making it to the middle of the first round with carwin isnt impressive?

this isnt old school UFC

every one of these HW's are legit and they can all knock each other out with one hit...one mistake...and carwin has never been on the recieving end of that mistake

thats impressive as hell to me

and no HW making it to the middle of the first round with carwin isnt impressive?

this isnt old school UFC

every one of these HW's are legit and they can all knock each other out with one hit...one mistake...and carwin has never been on the recieving end of that mistake

thats impressive as hell to me

IMO carwin has the least amount of skills out of the "big 4 " contenders, i think JDS Mir and cain would beat him, how ever i think he stands a better chance at beating lesnar then JDS or Mir.

Overall at this time i think anyone is gonna be hard up beating velasquez, hes probably the most rounded HW next to mir and his newly acquired brown belt means hes gonna be even harder to beat

IMO carwin has the least amount of skills out of the "big 4 " contenders' date=' i think JDS Mir and cain would beat him, how ever i think he stands a better chance at beating lesnar then JDS or Mir.

Overall at this time i think anyone is gonna be hard up beating velasquez, hes probably the most rounded HW next to mir and his newly acquired brown belt means hes gonna be even harder to beat[/quote']

why do you think carwin has the least amount of skills?

he obviously can knock anyone out without breaking a sweat,and he was a college wrestling champ,which means he can knock you out or take it to the ground and eff you up

i really dont understand whats so un impressive about him

people have said he looks stiff and robotic when he swings...well...last i heard...the terminator was a killer....lol

thats better...they wanna call him shane "the engineer" carwin

i think shane "the terminator" carwin is more suited lol

he kinda looks like arnold...but with a receding hair line lol...hey even terminators arent perfect....lol

G-Row where you at?

i know you know a lot about MMA

i want your thoughts

who has cain fought?

kongo?..lol yea we all saw that one going to the ground' date='where kongo sucks

JDS...

he's a monster[/quote']

I think you just solidified the argument about cain. He has fought more well known/better fighters than carwin. Plain and simple. Only person on Carwins track record is Gonzaga and we all saw what JDS did to him.

as it stands no one will beat JDS or Cain other then each other

Lesnar would take JDS off his feet immediately. Until we see JDS actually have to stop some good takedowns its a mystery what will happen when he meets 265+ guys with awesome wrestling bases.

I think you just solidified the argument about cain. He has fought more well known/better fighters than carwin. Plain and simple. Only person on Carwins track record is Gonzaga and we all saw what JDS did to him.

you think JDS's win over gonzaga was more impressive then carwins 6 inch knockout punch?

Archived