Jones slaps security & breaks Vera's Face...Who's next?

DevilsHaircut

Breaking news... After slapping a security guard during his walkout' date=' Jones landed a devistating elbow to Vera's face resulting in three fractures. This leads us to ask [b']the question that no one has yet tackled...[/b]Who is next for Jon Jones?

So I assume by "no one" you mean 1000 people in 15 different topics on this forum?

Forrest is facing Lil nog at UFC 112 or 113 so he cant face Jones next Rashad and Rampage r facing at UFC 114 Coture is facing Rich Franklin not sure when. T. Silva probably i dont think Bader has done enough to fight with Jones next but there is a possibility that The Phenom Vitor Belfort could face Jones that we be 1 of the craziest fights in MMA history.

I think jones vs bader would be a good matchup, Not only because they are two up and comers but, I think they matchup well, both good wrestlers, bader probably hits harder, but jones has the reach and the unorthodox strikes. You could say that jones deserves a better opponent but keith jardine did defeat vera so I guess you could call it even

thiago silva is the best match up for him or lil nog.what's next for vera?

Vera is going to be out for a while on Medical Suspension from fighting in general. Until he gets a doctors clearance, he can't fight. That could be 6 months to a year with that. I have had my cheek bone cracked in 3 places before, although maybe not as badly, and it sucks. Migrane Headaches, Half your Face Numb, off and on pain until the bone heals back together, yeah it sucks.

Interview with Dana on Bones:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18416/white-says-jones-hype-warranted-though-title-shot-at-least-one-year-away.mma

1 year or so for a title shot, but no easy road for Jones according to Dana. Names he mentioned Jones would have to beat to get a shot:

Rampage, Rashad and either Shogun or Machida. I can really see Jones getting a guy like Thiago Silva next or the loser of Rampage vs Rashad.

Archived