Cheick Kongo Vs Gabriel Gonzaga highly possible?

Majorfigga

Oh well, cheick is back too his winning ways. But still havent showed us his improved yet.. he was supose to beat the head hunter! Hands down!

He needs to be testet against a guy like gonzaga, who is not that one dimensional..

Plus it would be a great fight, as gonzaga doesnt mind standing,,

From gonzagas part, he just lost to JDS and he needs to show he still can compete..

So i think this fight i called for... Agree?

Thatd be an interesting match-up. I think with his hands and knees, Kongo is better. But with hands and kicks, Gonzaga has the edge.

Kongo does have some pretty serious GnP, but he hasnt showed that he can impliment it with someone whos got a good ground game.

Overall Gonzaga has the edge, but I definitely wouldnt count Kongo out of it. That would be a good fight for sure.

Thatd be an interesting match-up. I think with his hands and knees to the groin/head of grounded opponent' date=' Kongo is better. But with hands and kicks, Gonzaga has the edge.

Kongo does have some pretty serious GnP, but he hasnt showed that he can impliment it with someone whos got a good ground game.

Overall Gonzaga has the edge, but I definitely wouldnt count Kongo out of it. That would be a good fight for sure.[/quote']

I fixed that part for you.

Honestly though kongo would have to catch him on the feet and rock him or the bigger better grappler would take kongo down and submit him. I could see this fight being booked but I could also see a winner or loser of mirko and pat or maybe an yvel rematch while they still have him around. Gilbert did knock kongo out before kongo was in the UFC so Chieck might want that fight and use his buentello game plan because I can tell you right now I think if he stood with Yvel again its likely things end up the same way as before.

i think gonzaga has got a suspect chin carwin knocked him out with a jab and jds knocked him out with a left hook with no backswing tho. fair play there both heavy hitters but imo gonzaga can be knocked clean out with a half decent connection id go with cheick on this one

Gonzaga vs Noguera would be more intresting and when the hell is Cain gonna take on Junoir Dol Santos those 2 have been destroying every1 they have faced come on UFC lets get it on.

This makes the most sense to me. Matchmakers typically like to put guys coming off a win or loss together, ie. Nogueira and Gonzaga both lost their last fights whereas Kongo won. Besides, we know that putting Kongo against any grappler is going to be a mismatch.

Everyone's seems to think it would be ok for Gonzaga to stand with Kongo but Gabe was KO'd in his last 2 fights by 2 great strikers. Kongo can strike & i'm not saying he's Carwin or JDS. If this match is made Gonzaga should get it on the ground asap & avoid putting his chin at risk yet again.

Archived