Lazy Reporting Needs to END!!!!!

Figgs

I hate how Alot of media take one STUPID phrase out of context. For Frank Mir's comment about lesnar dying in the ring. Shut up. They are fighters we say more **** on the school ground to each other and i'm canadian!

I think the lull in ufc event for 3 or so weeks made them run outa stories cause this last month.. the mma media has been CRAP

REPORTERS PLEASE STOP TWISTING STUPID **** TO GET STORIES

AND

For starters the exact same damn questions

" what do you think of your opponent "

" How was training camp "

I know its hard to come up with original ****, but I would like to see reporters test the knowledge and more twist questions.

People like Jon Jones who study there opponents you could ask very specific questions about specific fights to get a better awsner. Its like the reporters don't know much about the fighters, or just don't ask the questions i don't know.

For Example I would have like to ask Vera a little about his take on jon jones loss to his opponent by DQ due to stupid elbow. Ask him if he think he can use that hesitation to his advantage...

This is kinda a stupid rant... but by my record you can i don't post often lol. I just feel that if i was getting paid to monitor MMA INSTEAD of just a junkie i coulda really put on some better interviews. These countdowns are getting tiring, even the fighters are like

" you know what they all say the same thing never faced a fighter like me". \

We know they won't reveal alot of there strategy without it being a little false or foolish so don't dedicate much to that. I liked the mma weekly pole about what the fighters knew about the "mile high city".

sorry i needed to take a strip off the mma media for putting on this stupid soap opra.

If it wasn't controversial or exciting or as you like to say "a stupid soap opera", it would be harder to sell events. Frank Mir knows what he's doing. He cares if the fans want to see him and once the fans stop caring, in his mind, what's the point? Any publicity is good publicity. Diehard MMA fans will continue to watch, but if the match isn't intriguing, lots won't give a s***. Couture/Coleman is a good example...Sure diehard fans might of wanted to see these legends go at it, but according to other fans that just watch for a KO or some sick hits, they may say those two guys respect each other too much and they're old so it'll be boring.

If it wasn't controversial or exciting or as you like to say "a stupid soap opera"' date=' it would be harder to sell events. Frank Mir knows what he's doing. He cares if the fans want to see him and once the fans stop caring, in his mind, what's the point? Any publicity is good publicity. Diehard MMA fans will continue to watch, but if the match isn't intriguing, lots won't give a s***. Couture/Coleman is a good example...Sure diehard fans might of wanted to see these legends go at it, but according to other fans that just watch for a KO or some sick hits, they may say those two guys respect each other too much and they're old so it'll be boring.[/quote']

Ima have to disagree with you(repectivly). At the end of the day evrybody, Dana White and the ufc included want to put on good fights and that's what people want to see. It dosn't make you any more or less of an mma fan. It's the truth of the matter in every sport you get past your prime or just don't have it anymore. That's when its time to go. Keep in mind fighters have been cut simply for being boring, they have all the abilty in the world they're just boring. (Thales Leites) I love mma, I love iconic fights but you goota live up to the hype.:D

You know why a lot of the answers they get are the same? Because some fighters give a lot of the same, cliche answers. You complain about that, then complain about the soap opera stuff?

You don't want mundane, samey answers, but you don't want the more 'out there', provocative answers either?

I agree that there are A LOT of crappy, charalatan outfits covering MMA but it'll all change with time as the sport continues to grow and becomes more professional. Bloggers are seen as journalists. They're not.

Archived