Maybe Buentello will work on his ground game now

Rob_Lazarus

It wasn't even just that though. I thought he was a smart fighter but he could not have looked dumber in that fight. He wasn't adapting to the way Kongo was fighting at all, which was extremely one dimensional in itself. Throw a couple punches, drop for the take down. He backed up against the cage where he was getting taken down OVER AND OVER.

I knew Kongo was going to try to wrestle Buentello but I thought Paul would put up more of a defense than that. It seemed like his take down defense got worse as the fight went on. I've never seen Buentello's spirit get broken like that, honestly didn't know it was possible.

As much as I like him, I don't think Buentello is cut out for the UFC. This will just keep happening to him in every fight.If you're not offering any offense off your back, your opponent will continue to take you down.

yeah paul needs to work on his ground game but his fight with struve was close so i dont think he should be cut yet give him one more fight.... hell let him fight kimbo would be a great fight till slice went for the takedown :)

Whats the point in training ground fighting when he is 36 years old and has about two fights left. It is his heart that makes him a fighter not his skill set

It wasn't even just that though. I thought he was a smart fighter but he could not have looked dumber in that fight. He wasn't adapting to the way Kongo was fighting at all' date=' which was extremely one dimensional in itself. Throw a couple punches, drop for the take down. He backed up against the cage where he was getting taken down OVER AND OVER.

I knew Kongo was going to try to wrestle Buentello but I thought Paul would put up more of a defense than that. It seemed like his take down defense got worse as the fight went on. I've never seen Buentello's spirit get broken like that, honestly didn't know it was possible.

As much as I like him, I don't think Buentello is cut out for the UFC. This will just keep happening to him in every fight.If you're not offering any offense off your back, your opponent will continue to take you down.[/quote']

He didn't learn in SF when Alistair Overeem DOMANITED him

Archived