Dana White-Overeem

Hookster

Dana is obviously trying to pump the HW division up as much as possible. Exactly why hes looking at so much heavyweights right now. Barnett and Overeem are both great fighters who would be a great addition to the HW roster.

I want to see Cain, Carwin, and JDS fight both of them. I especially want to see Barnett fight Lesnar though.

I'm not overly familiar with this dude (yeah, I'm a relative noob to MMA) but isn't there some sort of issue with him fighting (or not fighting) in the USA lately? He won the StrikeForce HW title over two years ago and hasn't defended it since. Though apparently he will face Brett Rogers in May in the US so maybe not. Anybody know more on that and can enlighten us who are late to the party?

Also, wrong forum I know, but how does Rogers get a title shot after losing to Fedor?

I'm not overly familiar with this dude (yeah' date=' I'm a relative noob to MMA) but isn't there some sort of issue with him fighting (or not fighting) in the USA lately? He won the StrikeForce HW title over two years ago and hasn't defended it since. Though apparently he will face Brett Rogers in May in the US so maybe not. Anybody know more on that and can enlighten us who are late to the party?

Also, wrong forum I know, but [b']how does Rogers get a title shot after losing to Fedor[/b]?

Its not a title shot. Just Overeem trying to avoid losing his title. Fedor and M-1 have been having problems with Coker and Strikeforce so Coker is making his fights the way he wants to.

Overeem did gain weight wicked fast though for sure. I want Barnette back though. Made Mighty Mo look retarded. Minus the Groin shot anyway.

I'm not overly familiar with this dude (yeah' date=' I'm a relative noob to MMA) but isn't there some sort of issue with him fighting (or not fighting) in the USA lately? He won the StrikeForce HW title over two years ago and hasn't defended it since. Though apparently he will face Brett Rogers in May in the US so maybe not. Anybody know more on that and can enlighten us who are late to the party?

Also, wrong forum I know, but how does Rogers get a title shot after losing to Fedor?[/quote']

Because he looked good against Fedor that loss is the biggest thing on his resume - and probably always will be.

So basically what some in this forum think is Overeem the Guy who got beat by current UFC fighters Nogueiria, Shogun and Lidell is going to come to the UFC and own UFC fighters? Hmm I don't think so.

I mean seriously if you look at anyone this guy has fought in the last few yearrs they all have terrible records and none of his last 5-6 opponents would be able to even get into the UFC even through TUF. Yet somehow Overeem has some sort of worship status going on in these forums. There may be a few to agree with me but most won't I am sure. I have watched MMA for a long long time now and Overeem would be a mistake for the UFC to sign unless UFC wants fodder for its other fighters while they are standing in line for title shot.

Yeah and saying I don't post means I don't know Crap about MMA is BS and you know it. I just don't say something every time one of the forum users goes off on a rampage or worship session about someone.

So basically what some in this forum think is Overeem the Guy who got beat by current UFC fighters Nogueiria' date=' Shogun and Lidell is going to come to the UFC and own UFC fighters? Hmm I don't think so.

I mean seriously if you look at anyone this guy has fought in the last few yearrs they all have terrible records and none of his last 5-6 opponents would be able to even get into the UFC even through TUF. Yet somehow Overeem has some sort of worship status going on in these forums. There may be a few to agree with me but most won't I am sure. I have watched MMA for a long long time now and Overeem would be a mistake for the UFC to sign unless UFC wants fodder for its other fighters while they are standing in line for title shot.

Yeah and saying I don't post means I don't know Crap about MMA is BS and you know it. I just don't say something every time one of the forum users goes off on a rampage or worship session about someone.[/quote']

Owereem is a completly differnet animal now that he was before

Overeem-Timeline.jpg

Chuck, Shogun and Nog beat the first three versions on this picture and Owereem has been destroying opponents lately. They were mostly cans but he beat them very impresivelly. Plus he beat Aerts and Badr Hari in K1 which is a huge thing to do.

Archived