Jon Fitch, Credit please

britishranger

Why does Fitch not get the credit he deserves. Okay he did not beat GSP but he gave him his hardest fight and no one else has come close to beating fitch. He has won 19 of his last 20 fights and I reckon he deserves more respect and talk time than he currently gets. I take him to beat Alves in much the same manner as GSP did by taking him down at will and using superior wrestling. If and when he wins he MUST get another shot at the title.

Thoughts please gentlemen

strange with the record he has he doesnt get more of the spotlight. personally iv only seen him fight once. and i was wasted cant remember him much and u dont hear alot about him.

people with a good knoledge of mma say he' class i do wanna get to see a few of his fights might watch some after work 2day.

could he hold a belt in the ufc tho???

hasnt a lot of his fights gone to decision maybe thats why??? he needs to start finishing fights

He doesnt get much credit

1) Because he is quite one dimensional and relys on his wrestling too much

2) because he rarely finishes fights

3) Lately he's gotten quite ****y..has a lot to say!just my opinion!!

and to be honest I think we have seen the best of him. He didnt look great against Pierce and nearly got finished in the third.

Personally I think Alves will KO him but I could be wrong

Why does Fitch not get the credit he deserves. Okay he did not beat GSP but he gave him his hardest fight and no one else has come close to beating fitch. He has won 19 of his last 20 fights and I reckon he deserves more respect and talk time than he currently gets. I take him to beat Alves in much the same manner as GSP did by taking him down at will and using superior wrestling. If and when he wins he MUST get another shot at the title.

GSP's first fight with matt hughes and Penn were his hardest fights, not the fitch fight

It happens because of the way he wins his fights. He is not exciting to watch, never finishes anybody. I personally dislike him and always want him to get beaten. It just never happens :confused:

He deserves his place as number 2 WW, my disliking him is based purely on personal preferences. I do understand why people prefer to talk about the more exciting fighters and prospects, though.

White and Fitch already got problem with contract , i think Dana hate Fitch and try to underpay him . After a realy impresive record he try to get more $$ and Dana realy dont appreciate it .

I realy like watching Fitch fight , he really a awesome westler with a really good ground game .

He only need to work on is stand up .

If Fitch is to be taken more seriously he needs to work on his striking...he is very one dimentional-example..Rashad!! he was the same but he worked at it & now he puts people away great strikers standing.

Also he got battered by GSP.He is a top 3 WW but will never reach the peak unless he works on his stand up.

If Fitch is to be taken more seriously he needs to work on his striking...he is very one dimentional-example..Rashad!! he was the same but he worked at it & now he puts people away great strikers standing.

Also he got battered by GSP.He is a top 3 WW but will never reach the peak unless he works on his stand up.

Or unless GSP moves to MW ;)

As much as dislike him, and even without great standup, I think he could hold on to the title for a while if GSP was out of the picture.

Or unless GSP moves to MW ;)

As much as dislike him' date=' and even without great standup, I think he could hold on to the title for a while if GSP was out of the picture.[/quote']

I completely agree with you. I was excited to see Fitch in the UFC after I was able to see him compete at Venom in Cali. I like this guy and was upset, but not surprised when he lost to GSP. He would be the man in the WW division if GSP were not there. Alves would still be the biggest threat, but we wouldnt be able to see Kos or Swick fight him though... Too bad.

I very much agree with this, Fitch is a warrior and in my opinion, deserves more of a shot than KOS, Fitch is more well balanced, has one hell of a heart and fights like a champion, and it'd be great to see a rematch vs GSP .

strange with the record he has he doesnt get more of the spotlight. personally iv only seen him fight once. and i was wasted cant remember him much and u dont hear alot about him.

people with a good knoledge of mma say he' class i do wanna get to see a few of his fights might watch some after work 2day.

could he hold a belt in the ufc tho???

hasnt a lot of his fights gone to decision maybe thats why??? he needs to start finishing fights

He could hold the belt. But if you think people complain about GSP being boring wait till that happens. I personally enjoy watching him fight. The guy is tough as nails, has a granite chin and is a dominant wrestler. He got more fans in the GSP fight than he had in all his previous fights combined. He was battered and kept fighting. If you see his picture after that fight he looks like he got hogpilled by 5 guys.

jon-fitch-3.jpg

fitch got beat to hell vs gsp but wasnt finished. he could have just turtled and got tko'd but he kept fighting. hes a gamer and a great fighter. i think alot of people dont like him combination of wrestling and decisions. the fact of the matter is that the only guy to beat him since he entered the ufc is gsp. there is no shame in that at all. some of his last fights have been boring to some because he is working on his standup mid fight. kinda like on the job training as demian maia did vs dan miller. this guy deserves way more credit than he gets credit for and i think he will beat alves and get his rematch.

Fitch has 1 loss in his last 20 fights, over a 5 year span, and that loss was to one of the top 3 p4p fighters on the planet.

That said, he refuses to fight 2 of the top 5 (maybe top 7) WW in the UFC, and he doesn't finish fights.

I can see Paul Daley getting the next shot if he gets through Kos, assuming that GSP handles Hardy. I'd rather see Daley vs GSP then Fitch vs GSP II. Just my opinion.

Fitch has 1 loss in his last 20 fights' date=' over a 5 year span, and that loss was to one of the top 3 p4p fighters on the planet.

That said, he refuses to fight 2 of the top 5 (maybe top 7) WW in the UFC, and he doesn't finish fights.

I can see Paul Daley getting the next shot if he gets through Kos, assuming that GSP handles Hardy. I'd rather see Daley vs GSP then Fitch vs GSP II. Just my opinion.[/quote']

daley is overrated imo. no matter i dont think he will get past kos

Fitch has 1 loss in his last 20 fights' date=' over a 5 year span, and that loss was to one of the top 3 p4p fighters on the planet.

I can see Paul Daley getting the next shot if he gets through Kos, assuming that GSP handles Hardy. I'd rather see Daley vs GSP then Fitch vs GSP II. Just my opinion.[/quote']

Daley would get destroyed by Gsp, horrible, fitch is good he just is kinda boring.

He doesnt get much credit

1) Because he is quite one dimensional and relys on his wrestling too much

2) because he rarely finishes fights

3) Lately he's gotten quite ****y..has a lot to say!just my opinion!!

and to be honest I think we have seen the best of him. He didnt look great against Pierce and nearly got finished in the third.

Personally I think Alves will KO him but I could be wrong

I think his new more aggressive attitude is a move to get more attention. Part of the problem with his popularity and hype is that Fitch has been a pretty soft spoken kinda guy. As we all know the UFC likes to hype:

a) Guys that deliver stoppages.

B) Loud mouths.

Well IMO he did not give GSP a tuff fight... I would have to say that he took the worst beating that anyone has taken from GSP cuz hell a few guys went 5 rounds with george and none of them looked as bad as fitch did... Also i am taking alves in there up coming fight simply for the fact that alves has to have been working on his takedown defence after the GSP fight and his striking is a lot better that fitch's stand up has been in his last few fights. The reason that he might not be getting as much respect as he should is because even when he wins these days his performance's are not that great most of the time he just throws a few punches gets hit a few times and them takes his opponent down and lays there... sure he kinda stays busy trying to improve his position but he never seems to try to finish his fights these days. just my 2 cents :)

His last fight was a gimme and he almost lost that fight. So this poor performance preceded by many boring decisions makes for an unpopular fighter. He may be good but I never look forward to seeing him fight. Alves on the other hand is exciting. Personally I hope Alves ko's Fitch.

like many people said he doesnt get the credit because he is boring. people complain about gsp just laying on people (i dont see it, i just see massive elbows and strikes from the top) but fitch is definatly a LnP guy. his sticking is predictable and without power and he just grinds out decision wins. I won't take anything away from him because to me a win is a win, but he doesn't get me hyped to watch him

i think fitch has peaked, if gsp wasnt around fitch would have held the title about two years ago and im guessing would make 4 or 5 defenses.

im still thinking he beats alves though

His last fight was a gimme and he almost lost that fight. So this poor performance preceded by many boring decisions makes for an unpopular fighter. He may be good but I never look forward to seeing him fight. Alves on the other hand is exciting. Personally I hope Alves ko's Fitch.

Ya, I think alot of people feel that way. There are alot of fighters that Fitch would prob beat like Daley and lots others that I look forward to seeing more. Fitch got destroyed by GSP and we all know the same thing would happen again. A wrestler with average standup isnt gonna beat GSP.

Can I just point out he does not REFUSE to fight its just that they will not fight because they are good friends and teammates

On here we know more than most about MMA in general and you can see that in the respect tha Fitch gets on here but outside the real MMA fans the TUF breed of fan hates the fact he wrestles first and foremost and neutralizes great strikers by taking them down and smothering them BUT HEY If they want to see only fist fighting that is what boxing is for. We want to see which man is the better fighting man using any means possible. Its all about fight plans and tactics against certain fighters that wins fights and I think its interesting to see how a certain fighter will operate against another. Like when Kongo decided to outwrestle Buentello the other night people booed but he won the fight amde Paul look bad and did not get hurt any.

In pretty much every MMA magazine or website Fitch is listed as the #2 WW in the world. He gets the respect from the pundits' date=' just not the fans.[/quote']

Rankings are based on who beat whom, so that reflects Fitch's win-loss record. But if rankings were based on who fans preferred to watch, Fitch would be ranked much lower. Just like the whole argument about GSP being too boring now that he won't stand and trade with people, Fitch's reliance on wrestling and his inability to finish fights doesn't entertain as many people as a knockout artist does. I don't think this is so much about respect as it is about entertainment value.

I think the fact that only "die hard' fans give him due respect says it all.

But even syaing that, hes not the most exciting fighter in the world, far from it.

I always enjoy watching him fight though, I can see him getting the next title shot if he beats Alves, then Hardy can beat him up good and proper.

Archived