update of my first fight

MMADevoted

ok so, i havnt been on here for a while but thats cause ive been training for the fight that i had about three days ago....

any way i thought i d post what happend as its always nice to hear how some of the smaller fights go.

1st round:

the guy came out with a side kick to the body that caught me off guard and pushed me against the cage. then we circled for a couple of seconds and he unloaded with a quick flurry with a few punches getting through but none with any real power. i fired back with a left hook right hook combo which shook him. he immediately went for the takedown and caught me off balance and got mount. he went for a bit of ground and pound and then went for an arm triangle choke which he sunk in pretty tight, but i was able to hang on and after a while the ref stood us up. he came forward and i tried a head kick and slipped to the mat. he capitalised and went for another arm triangle choke. again i held on and eventually got out of it but gave up my back after some ground and pound. he kept going for the rear-naked choke but by that point we were quite sweaty and i was able to stay out of it. i then reversed him and was able to land some g'n'p from his guard. he then went for a triangle choke which was in pretty tight so i picked him up and slammed him. and did a bit more g'n'p and then the horn went.

round 2:

he opened with the same kick as the first round and i countered with a left. he went for a head kick and slipped and i went in for some more g'n'p. after a while he managed to reverse me and got mount again. i focused on defending any arm attacks as thats what his corner were yelling for and i had injured my elbow in training a week or two before. he went for, you guessed it, another arm triangle. i got out of it again and got into his guard and opened up some more g'n'p and he sunk in another triangle choke from his back. i went to slam him again but he got wise and hooked my leg so i couldnt get the same height as i had on the first one. i slammed him again but he got the choke sunk back in as soon as we were on the ground again and i tapped at 1:56 of the 2nd round.

the fight was at 70kg (155 lbs) lightweight

it was a semi-pro fight

it was my opponents 4th fight and my 1st.

it was also fight of the night

and the guy was really cool about it all and we hung out after the fight.

i should have a vidoe from my corner soon and i will upload it when i get the chance.

i lost 7 of my first 11 fights now im 32-12 all amature fights though, i have no desire to go pro i cant train enough and id most likely get slaughtered, cool story though i fought charlie lynch back when we were both amatures he beat me by decision but hes on the next TUF hope he does well.

good luck to you too, do you plan on being a pro fighter?

i lost 7 of my first 11 fights now im 32-12 all amature fights though' date=' i have no desire to go pro i cant train enough and id most likely get slaughtered, cool story though i fought charlie lynch back when we were both amatures he beat me by decision but hes on the next TUF hope he does well.

good luck to you too, do you plan on being a pro fighter?[/quote']

yeah id like to go pro eventually but dont have the time atm and want to get experience first. cool story about fighting charlie lynch. its quite cool when you meet guys youve seen around at events, i met dean amasinger at the event i was fighting at, he was coaching one of the guys we were sharing the dressing room with...

Archived