Weight loss and muscle gain

Vaseline

For the fatties who dont know what to do I will explain what I do and how effectively its working for me.

About 6 months ago I used to weigh 103kg, and im 5'11. That is to say, I was fat, very fat. Worst of all, I was unhealthy.

Now I weigh about 78kg and have gained around 3kg of muscle. I still need to burn off some fat.

This is what I do,

1)Breakfast - Diet Protein Shake

2)Then I usually head off to uni, if not, I just laze about the house

3)Then I go to my workout, recently I have been taking a pre-workout shake. If you do decide to take one, be careful which you get (so that it does not affect your diet)

4)Have another Diet Protein Shake (I recommend PHD Diet Whey) after my work out (usually around 3pm at this time of the day)

5)About 4:30-5:30 I would eat a can of tuna with plenty of mixed vegetables. Two days a week I eat wholemeal rice.

6) About 7pm I will eat some chicken and more vegetables.

7) About 8pm I would eat some cottage cheese as a snack

8) Then maybe around 9 or so, I would have some tea with low fat milk.

I usually snack on fruits during the day.

This is nutritional advice that will help you lose weight and bulk up on muscle (provided you do cardio and lift weights at least 3 times a week).

Any questions, feel free to ask

The protein shakes are out of place for the people who don't lift weight. I had pretty much that diet, but i did not eat any rice at all or any protein shakes. Add to that 60 minutes of jogging 7 days a week, 4 days a week i did a rep work out. i lost 89lb with it, but i like your daily diet. I might try it

For the fatties who dont know what to do I will explain what I do and how effectively its working for me.

About 6 months ago I used to weigh 103kg' date=' and im 5'11. That is to say, I was fat, very fat. Worst of all, I was unhealthy.

Now I weigh about 78kg and have gained around 3kg of muscle. I still need to burn off some fat.

This is what I do,

3)Then I go to my workout, recently I have been taking a pre-workout shake. If you do decide to take one, be careful which you get (so that it does not affect your diet)

4)Have another Diet Protein Shake (I recommend PHD Diet Whey) after my work out (usually around 3pm at this time of the day)

5)About 4:30-5:30 I would eat a can of tuna with plenty of mixed vegetables. Two days a week I eat wholemeal rice.

This is nutritional advice that will help you lose weight and bulk up on muscle (provided you do cardio and lift weights at least 3 times a week).

Any questions, feel free to ask[/quote']

this is actually a very sound diet!!!

taking in protein first thing starts your metabolism on the right track and you begin to use your stored carbs which is stored as fat.

the rest well its basic.....fat is not your real problem(except saturated fat this is pure evil) carbs are, this diet is high protien low carb and will serve you very well.

The protein shakes are out of place for the people who don't lift weight. I had pretty much that diet' date=' but i did not eat any rice at all or any protein shakes. Add to that 60 minutes of jogging 7 days a week, 4 days a week i did a rep work out. i lost 89lb with it, but i like your daily diet. I might try it[/quote']

its hard to take in as much protein as you would get in a shake by eating

1 egg = about 10g protein

chicken breast about = 20g protein

Your diet seems really disgusting and uninteresting. Canned tuna is terrible and protein shakes also seem to drag as meals. I lost 107 pounds (49 kg) with a well rounded interesting diet.

Everyday I started with a bowl of high fiber cereal (frosted shredded wheat, or raisin bran crunch) complex carbs coupled with fiber and protein from 1% milk. If you prefer, exercise first thing in the morning then use a chocolate lean protein shake as milk (its like getting to eat cocoa puffs on a diet)

For lunch, grilled chicken breast with a piece of fruit, or a can of soup (not that piss in a can condensed soup but the nice ones with vegetables, egg noodles, and chunks of chicken or beef) with carrots or fruit. Or grab a 6" at subway. Skip the cheese, one line of mayo. Stock up on vegetables, skip bologna, salami, deli beef. You can go crazy with a six inch veggie sub.

Dinner should be well balanced and appropriately sized. You can have a scoop of mashed potatoes, or one scoop of mac and cheese, or a baked potato. Just couple it with beef, fish, or chicken (not breaded or fried of course) and couple with a salad (the more complex the better, no croutons or cheese) or green beans, baked beans (high in fiber) broccoli.

Two snacks, one between lunch and dinner, one 2 hours before bed, you can actually have a simple desert if you follow this diet diligently.

Sweet options include: low cal yogurt (there's like 30 different flavors by yoplait), any fruit (avoid avocados they're high in fat), fudge bars, sherbet, 100 cal kettle corn, marshmallows are very low in calories, so are rice crispy treats, frozen fruit bars, frozen fruits make interesting snacks, weight watchers snack cakes, caramel quaker oat puffs

Salty options include: Triscuits, tortilla chips and salsa (measure out a serving of salsa then let it dictate how many chips you eat) pretzels are okay, those cheesy quaker oats puffs taste pretty much like cheetos, 100 cal popcorn, sunchips are not that healthy, neither is vitamin water

skip bread, its big a diet buster, if you feel you must eat it, get whole grain (3-4 grams of fiber per serving) once you start surrounding yourself with fiber foods you'll get a boost to your weight loss (there's a lot of undigested **** stuck to the walls of your intestines, fiber acts like drain cleaner) yogurt helps make your poop shine.

Drink lots of water, preferably with every meal, dinner you can have 1% milk. A trick is to drink a big glass of water before eating and after to cut your appetite and to give you that dull full feeling after wards.

you dont need protein shakes its just extra calories. Believe it or not you only need about 70 grams of protein even for pro athletes. So stop worrying about what you eat and worry more on what you do in the gym. Use free weights and do simple exercises and lift HEAVY. The more you stress the muscle the more it will grow. I could eat mcdonalds everyday and still lose weight and gain muscle. If you choose to eat bad food just eat less of it. The healthier the food the more you can eat because there is less calories in fruit then a big mac lol. And the best form of cardio is running not biking because once you start getting the bike going its easy to keep it going unless your doing uphill biking

on the subject of weight, im 22 years old 5'8 and walk about at around 140lbs, i have tryed all different ways of gaining weight, Whey Protein, extra meals in the day, gym 4 times a week, weights and cardio. and mma once a week, jiu jitsu once

my doctor offered me steroids but i declined.

just wondering if neone has a good weight gain diet and workout plan?

About 6 months ago I used to weigh 103kg' date=' and im 5'11. That is to say, I was fat, very fat. Worst of all, I was unhealthy.

This is what I do,

This is a pretty good guideline. For me it does not work. I need much more fiber in my diet. I think as far as the nutritional intake it always have to do with goals (which you stated) and body type. As far as workouts go that also depends on goals. Super stoked for you that you got back into shape. It is not easy. I like your guideline. Keep it up bro.

What advice can you guys give to an Endo-Mesomorph? Right now I'm in the worst shape I've been in 10 years...I'm a fairly big guy and in shape walk around at 270lbs (122 kilos) (I'm 6'3") but right now I'm around the 350 mark (160 kilos). Because of my body type; I gain muscle very easily, and I can lose fat easily too...until I plateau...which is usually when I hit 310-320. The most frustrating thing for me is knowing how much to eat and when. I have major energy lulls throughout the day,which sucks if I'm heading to the gym, and most evenings I'm starving at around 8pm...any advice on what I should be eating when, and in what quantities?

The problem I have with diets and nutritionists is that everything is tailored to average sized people (which is understandable)...I've seen nutritionists and they were clueless as to how much us bigger guys should be eating. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Hopefully, there is a heavyweight or 2 on here that can relate.

Your diet seems really disgusting and uninteresting. Canned tuna is terrible and protein shakes also seem to drag as meals. I lost 107 pounds (49 kg) with a well rounded interesting diet.

I dont sit on my **** 24/7. I need protein shakes to help me get through the day, especially at uni. They are about 200 calories and contain 35grams of protein with almost no carbs and fats. Perfect if you ask me.

And, honestly, your diet, would get me back at my usual weight. I'm seeking to build muscle, I need a high protein intake, and I cant have a lot of carbs when I eat that much protein.

This is a pretty good guideline. For me it does not work. I need much more fiber in my diet. I think as far as the nutritional intake it always have to do with goals (which you stated) and body type. As far as workouts go that also depends on goals. Super stoked for you that you got back into shape. It is not easy. I like your guideline. Keep it up bro.

Nutrition is difficult and it has a lot to do with your own body. I havent really needed much fiber. I just try to eat good and I work like a dog in the gym.

A lot of people are also questioning the protein shakes. Protein shakes are almost essential for me. I ran out for a few days and I gained some weight. Protein shakes gives your metabolism a huge boost, especially if you have it for breakfast. Like I said, I recommend PHD Diet Whey for anyone who is looking to lose weight AND build some muscle. If you just want to lose weight, then perhaps this diet isnt the best.

This is what I do,

You;ve lost 25 kilos (*2.2) = 55 pounds in 180 days.

that is a deficit of 55*3500 = 192,500 calories in 180 days

192500/180 = 1069 calories a day deficit.

SO you managed to knock 1 thousand claories a day off your food intake.

Well done.

Lots if people can do that by quitting drinking.

I also have a protein shake first thing in the morning on most days but I add a whole banana, ~TBsp peanut butter, ~ TBsp of honey. Got the protein, good fats in the peanut butter, and good energy carbs in the honey and banana. Sometimes I blend in a few ice cubes and it's friggin delicious. (this is 1 scoop in 8 oz 2% milk)

Btw I get Optimum Nutrition's Platinum Hydrowhey protein. Hands down best protein on the market.

Anyone lacking in energy check out the breakfast I explain below.

just wondering if neone has a good weight gain diet and workout plan?

In the space of about 2.5 years I went from 138 pounds to 185 with a lower body fat percentage (muscle eats fat)

That is a 36% increase in body mass.

I am 6'2" and I went from UNDER Lightweight to the same stats and appearance as the average Middleweight (at weigh in). And yeah I am pretty effing happy about it,

this is what I did.

First up breakfast,

Soak Rolled Oats, Sliced Apricot, Sultanas and Crushed Walnuts in Apple juice over night. Eat with a natural Yogurt and some Wheat germ on top.

FYI, you have just consumed the energy equivelent of about 6 cups of coffee, (seriously I can almost hover on this stuff).

Banna for mid morn snack.

Protein shake 1/2 hour before workout (not diet, I use a nano Protein one) before a lunch time workout.

Work out 45 mins or so, doing 3 sets of 10 reps, (you want to fail on the 10th lift of the last set). Mix it up, but just stick to stuf you can do properly.

Initially have a legs and Abs day then an upper day. Eventually you may wish to make that 4 seperate days. (I have never averaged more than 4 days a week).

Shake afterwards.

Closely followed by lunch, eat reasonably well but work on the theory I want the good and don't care about the bad. ie get protein, carbs, veggies and fruit in there don't worry too much about the fat content cause it just slides off you anyway I reckon.

Afternoon snack, Banna or apple.

Dinner same as lunch just friggin eat, well good stuff but don't be too fussy about bad things like sugars and fats, you will burn it off anyway. Oh and eat big, you want carbs and protein.

Do the above take a multi vitamin almost every day, drink at least 3 litres of water a day, and get 8 hours per night.

In fact if I followed to above for the whole 2.5 years I would be a beast I only followed that for say 3/5 of the that time on and off, personal issues, work, injuries etc etc.

lift more weights, muscle improves your metabolism. (ive been lazy in my weights recently, been eating mcdonalds everyday, can still see my abs. muscle just burns the fat off for me, bahaha :P)

i used to work out 20 times a week, for a year i have worked out like once a week..... (business is booming). would not of expected i could still see my abs after eating mcdonalds about 500 times!! human body ftw

turn that body into a well tuned killing machine!

get as fit as you can, you feel even better!!

grats on the weight loss too, impressive, really impressive!! (thats lots of weight)

putting on muscle is easy, losing fat is hard

putting on muscle is easy' date=' losing fat is hard[/quote']

For some,

I've had a six pack ever since I was 12.

Oh and one other tip,

Work out with someone who is on the other side of your desired build.

If you are wanting to lose weight but have decent muscle you are the ideal person to work out with a skiny bastard who wants muslce, and vice versa. It prevents you from doing what comes easiest to you, which is good because what comes easiest has the least results for you.

For some' date='

I've had a six pack ever since I was 12.

Oh and one other tip,

Work out with someone who is on the other side of your desired build.

If you are wanting to lose weight but have decent muscle you are the ideal person to work out with a skiny bastard who wants muslce, and vice versa. It prevents you from doing what comes easiest to you, which is good because what comes easiest has the least results for you.[/quote']

well you would know nothing about losing fat if you have had a 6 pack since you were 12

on the subject of weight' date=' im 22 years old 5'8 and walk about at around 140lbs, i have tryed all different ways of gaining weight, Whey Protein, extra meals in the day, gym 4 times a week, weights and cardio. and mma once a week, jiu jitsu once

my doctor offered me steroids but i declined.

just wondering if neone has a good weight gain diet and workout plan?[/quote']

like i said before its hard for some people to take in enough protein without protein shakes.

to gain weight you want to eat six meals a day.

first thing you are training a lot so you are burning a lot of energy which needs replacing tso you can gain weight.

just add an extra 3 meals to the ones you are already eating but the ones you are eating already need to be high in protein carbs and fat in a 40:40:20 % ratio,meal replacement shakes mixed with whey protein 3 times a day will help you on your way but please dont buy weightgainers as these are nothing but sugar and crap calories.

in the gym you need to be doing squats,deadlifts and bench all heavy,all other exercises you do need to be very heavy for 6-8 reps looking to fail on the 8th rep this will start to bulk you up.

Archived