What Can UFC improve on

PhantomX88

Judging.

We need more consistency to make it an even keel for all fighters.

Too many judges look for different things during a fight, takedowns, damage, striking etc...

They need to get rid of the gladiators at the start of the PPV's as well, so outdated now!

They need to provide fighters with better boxes to protect their goolies.

I would like to see more Fight Nights or what ever you want to call them, to see the up and coming guys that are new to the UFC. Even with the prelims on Spike before the PPV you only see 1 or 2 of the under card fights. Maybe instead of showing old fights on Unleashed, show the non televised under card matches from recent PPVs.

I loved the pride live shows' date=' I would love to see the ufc do some of there antics! I loved how the introduced all of the fighters toghere before the fights![/quote']

+1 to this. It still gives me goosebumbs when i wach those old pride events with that spectacle in the beginning, oh that pride theme music is sweet!!

I am surprised this is not the one thing most of you would do something about but i would have to see a better judging system .So that we can not have blatant travesties that we have seen in recent times a.k.a

Belcher being robbed

Rua being robbed

And every other decision that has had you throwing your beer at the screen

I am surprised this is not the one thing most of you would do something about but i would have to see a better judging system .So that we can not have blatant travesties that we have seen in recent times a.k.a

Belcher being robbed

Rua being robbed

The judging system isn't up to the UFC though. Its up to the Athletic Commissions to change. All the UFC can to is lobby for a different/better system.

Pretty much every Athletic Commission in and organization in the US fights under the Unified rules of MMA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_martial_arts_rules#Unified_Rules

The judging system isn't up to the UFC though. Its up to the Athletic Commissions to change. All the UFC can to is lobby for a different/better system.

Pretty much every Athletic Commission in and organization in the US fights under the Unified rules of MMA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_martial_arts_rules#Unified_Rules

See you learn something new everyday. I did not know this? How can Dana White go about changing the judging criteria?

Instant Replay. The refs need it to review more for the basis of their call' date=' like the accidental eyepoke, incorrect call may sometimes dictate the outcome of the fight like the Rumble/KOS, Sandman/Sakara.[/quote']

+1

Hey guys, you are aware that the UFC has repaly for the refs? It was used in the Jones/ Hamil fight

The rules/refing would be the #1 thing I would fix. I have seen so many fights now where something out of the ordinary happens (most recently Irwin's punch in the eye and Buentello's finger issue) and it seems the ref has no idea how to deal with it. I am not positive on the rules here but if the ref didn't actually SEE a finger to the eye (an illegal blow) then the fight shouldn't be stopped for a finger to the eye and should have continued. If Irwin was too hurt to continue he's free to tap anytime. Otherwise fighters can just fake them to get a break. It's getting ridiculous. Similar with Buentello. His problem was not the result of any illegal event so why was the fight stopped? What next? Guy gets punched in the nose and asks the ref to stop the fight because it hurt? It seems fighters can pretty much ask for a time out any time they like these days. Seriously, this has gotten lame beyond words and is starting to affect my enjoyment of MMA bouts. UFC...if your rules aren't clear then MAKE them clear, and if the refs don't know/follow the rules FIRE them.

Instant Replay. The refs need it to review more for the basis of their call' date=' like the accidental eyepoke, incorrect call may sometimes dictate the outcome of the fight like the Rumble/KOS, Sandman/Sakara.[/quote']

Terrible idea, replays already screw up the flow of play in a 1 hour football game, can you imagine what they'd do to a 15 minute or less fight?

Belcher being robbed

Rua being robbed

I think your beer thrown at the screen has more to do with you thinking Rua got robbed.

Stop showing favortism to certain fighters. Example: Yushin Okami is 7-2 in the UFC and has only been considered for a title shot once. You dont hear his name anymore, never really even did, yet Brock Lesnar (Im a fan, still dont think its fair) hasnt fought a fight that wasnt a co-main event yet... I dont like it.

Stop showing favortism to certain fighters. Example: Yushin Okami is 7-2 in the UFC and has only been considered for a title shot once. You dont hear his name anymore' date=' never really even did, yet Brock Lesnar (Im a fan, still dont think its fair) hasnt fought a fight that wasnt a co-main event yet... I dont like it.[/quote']

I agree, I didnt like how they treat fighters if they want to do things outside the UFC either. The way they were with Rampage when he decided to do a movie and put back his fight with Rashad sucked, publicly insulting him, yet Tito drops out and cancels and its all hush hush and he's a right prick

Stop showing favortism to certain fighters. Example: Yushin Okami is 7-2 in the UFC and has only been considered for a title shot once. You dont hear his name anymore' date=' never really even did, yet Brock Lesnar (Im a fan, still dont think its fair) hasnt fought a fight that wasnt a co-main event yet... I dont like it.[/quote']

Yushin has Koscheck syndrome. Every time he is on the cusp of a title shot, he loses the big fight.

He faced Rich for #1 contender and lost.

He faced Sonnen, and if he had have won would have been right up in the mix, but he lost.

I agree he doesn't get talked about nearly enough, but some of that is his fault as well.

I agree' date=' I didnt like how they treat fighters if they want to do things outside the UFC either. The way they were with Rampage when he decided to do a movie and put back his fight with Rashad sucked, publicly insulting him, yet Tito drops out and cancels and its all hush hush and he's a right prick[/quote']

It is kept quick to not ruin the new season of TUF for the casual mma fans. (2 seasons in a row fubared)

It is kept quick to not ruin the new season of TUF for the casual mma fans. (2 seasons in a row fubared)

I hope the new TUF season isnt that bad that it relies on another side show to keep it interesting.

It is now common knowlege that Tito and Chuck arent fighting now, I hope they dont advertise the fight throughout the series like they did on TUF 10 even though everyone knew it was off.

i want to see them merge the wec and ufc. it will give some fighters more time to train or relax. and might actually have a title bout for every payperview

I dont understand WEC having LW division as well. I think the best of the WEC LW division should be moved to the UFC. If they are not good enough for the UFC they are not good enough period.

Agreed.

I think the UFC is doing everthing thats in their power just fine. The only thing the may be able to improve on,,, is to dumb down the hype a little bit. They try to make average fighters look like gods or something. A little hype is good but lately its way too much.

Archived