What is with the fans of this sport??

ThE_KiNg_Of_ThE_rInG

Why are fans suddenly against wresting?? Not the fake stuff, the MMA wrestling. In Chieck Kongo's case, everyone knows he is a dominate striker, but has ZERO wrestling skills. He loses a few times because of this flaw, so what does he do?? He goes and starts training where his weaknesses are,(wrestling) comes out and really put on a GnP wrestling clinic on Buentello. Kongo looked great and you the fans...boo?? Retarded much....

Wrestling over the years has proven to be the MOST dominate style in MMA. Why you ask?? Its because wrestlers have a crazy Mental Toughness, hard work ethic, excellent ground control and postioning, it is also the BEST style to transfer into MMa. Why you ask? Take a strict BJJ guy....zero takedown offense, zero striking offense, zero clinch offense, all they have is a good ground game. Now take a wrestler, he comes in equipped with Takedown defense and offense, Clinch offense and defense, slams, ground control, Ground N Pound, freakish strength, and insane Cardio. A wrestler simply brings more to the table than a BJJ guy.

Perfect example of ONE Dimensional fighters, fighting for their respective styles look no further than: Matt Hughes/Royce Gracie. Matt Hughes mauled Royce's a**

Bjj fighters stay active?? Why because they lay there with a guy between their legs, grab their heel to stay put in rubber guard.

UFC Champions: WRESTLERS!!!!!

Randy Couture

Chuck Liddell

Matt Hughes

George St Pierre

Quinton Rampage Jackson

Mark Coleman

Jens Pulver

Kevin Randleman

Josh Barnett

Brock Lesnar

Tito Ortiz

Ken Shamrock

Rico Rodriguez

Tim Sylvia

Frank Shamrock

Rashad Evans

Evan Tanner

Pat Miletich

Carlos Newton

Sean Sherk

Dan Severn

Don Frye

BJJ Champs:

Bj Penn

Lyoto Machida

Andrei Arlovski....i would consider a standup fighter

Anderson Silva....stand up fighter w/ good subs

Royce Gracie

Frank Mir

Nogueira- whom hasnt held an actual UFC title, but since the list is so small.

Vitor Belfort.....he is a black belt, but he never submits people

Murilo Bustamante

Matt Serra

So as you see. WRESTLING DOMINATES!!!!!! Dont hate, appreciate.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are fans suddenly against wresting?? Not the fake stuff' date=' the MMA wrestling. In Chieck Kongo's case, everyone knows he is a dominate striker, but has ZERO wrestling skills. He loses a few times because of this flaw, so what does he do?? He goes and starts training where his weaknesses are,(wrestling) comes out and really put on a GnP wrestling clinic on Buentello. Kongo looked great and you the fans...boo?? Retarded much....

Wrestling over the years has proven to be the MOST dominate style in MMA. Why you ask?? Its because wrestlers have a crazy Mental Toughness, hard work ethic, excellent ground control and postioning, it is also the BEST style to transfer into MMa. Why you ask? Take a strict BJJ guy....zero takedown offense, zero striking offense, zero clinch offense, all they have is a good ground game. Now take a wrestler, he comes in equipped with Takedown defense and offense, Clinch offense and defense, slams, ground control, Ground N Pound, and insane Cardio. A wrestler simply brings more to the table than a BJJ guy.

Bjj fighters stay active?? Why because they lay there with a guy between their legs, grab their heel to stay put in rubber guard. Your entire statement is remedial at best.

Randy Couture

Chuck Liddell

Matt Hughes

George St Pierre

Quinton Rampage Jackson

Mark Coleman

Jens Pulver

Kevin Randleman

Josh Barnett

Brock Lesnar

Tito Ortiz

Ken Shamrock

Rico Rodriguez

Tim Sylvia

Frank Shamrock

Rashad Evans

Evan Tanner

Pat Miletich

Carlos Newton

Sean Sherk

Dan Severn

Don Frye

BJJ Champs:

Bj Penn

Lyoto Machida

Anderson Silva

Royce Gracie

Frank Mir

Murilo Bustamante

Matt Serra

__________________[/quote']

Because those people aren't real mma fans. They are either boxing fans that transfered over or WWE fans that transferred over. None have trained a day in there life and none have a clue about how grappling works

Im not against wrestling, but i hate how people praise some and boo others for using it. Its an important element to any fighters arsenal. It can be a tad boring if one fighter is just trying to catch his breath thats why i think the ref should not give warnings and just stand them up. Because ive seen on numerous occasions when a ref says "you gotta work -insert name-" they throw like 3 punches and continue to do nothing till the ref says something again

Why are fans suddenly against wresting?? Not the fake stuff' date=' the MMA wrestling. In Chieck Kongo's case, everyone knows he is a dominate striker, but has ZERO wrestling skills. He loses a few times because of this flaw, so what does he do?? He goes and starts training where his weaknesses are,(wrestling) comes out and really put on a GnP wrestling clinic on Buentello. Kongo looked great and you the fans...boo?? Retarded much....

Wrestling over the years has proven to be the MOST dominate style in MMA. Why you ask?? Its because wrestlers have a crazy Mental Toughness, hard work ethic, excellent ground control and postioning, it is also the BEST style to transfer into MMa. Why you ask? Take a strict BJJ guy....zero takedown offense, zero striking offense, zero clinch offense, all they have is a good ground game. Now take a wrestler, he comes in equipped with Takedown defense and offense, Clinch offense and defense, slams, ground control, Ground N Pound, freakish strength, and insane Cardio. A wrestler simply brings more to the table than a BJJ guy.

Perfect example of ONE Dimensional fighters, fighting for their respective styles look no further than: Matt Hughes/Royce Gracie. Matt Hughes mauled Royce's a**

Bjj fighters stay active?? Why because they lay there with a guy between their legs, grab their heel to stay put in rubber guard. Your entire statement is remedial at best.

Randy Couture

Chuck Liddell

Matt Hughes

George St Pierre

Quinton Rampage Jackson

Mark Coleman

Jens Pulver

Kevin Randleman

Josh Barnett

Brock Lesnar

Tito Ortiz

Ken Shamrock

Rico Rodriguez

Tim Sylvia

Frank Shamrock

Rashad Evans

Evan Tanner

Pat Miletich

Carlos Newton

Sean Sherk

Dan Severn

Don Frye

BJJ Champs:

Bj Penn

Lyoto Machida

Anderson Silva

Royce Gracie

Frank Mir

Murilo Bustamante

Matt Serra

So Kongo is now a wrastlin god cuz he showed that he was physically stronger than Buentello who is known NOT TO HAVE ANY GROUND SKILLS?!?!

I don't begrudge any fighter for doing something that is successful and go the path of least resistance (in Kongo's case against Buentello or other strikers like Hardonk). The aim is to win fights but, IMO, the reason people dislike wrestling is because of some of the lay n' pray artists. However, there are a lot of exciting wrestlers like the guy that made me start training; a prime Matt Hughes.

Bjj fighters stay active?? Why because they lay there with a guy between their legs, grab their heel to stay put in rubber guard.

Randy Couture

Chuck Liddell

Matt Hughes

George St Pierre

Quinton Rampage Jackson

Mark Coleman

Jens Pulver

Kevin Randleman

Josh Barnett

Brock Lesnar

Tito Ortiz

Ken Shamrock

Rico Rodriguez

Tim Sylvia

Frank Shamrock

Rashad Evans

Evan Tanner

Pat Miletich

Carlos Newton

Sean Sherk

Dan Severn

Don Frye

BJJ Champs:

Bj Penn

Lyoto Machida

Royce Gracie

Frank Mir

Murilo Bustamante

Matt Serra

+1

Did you really just put Jens Pulver in your 'wrestlers' list? :P

Well he was a wrestler in high school and Junior College if I remember correctly. I think I remember reading somewhere he was a NJCAA All-American wrestler, but I could be wrong.

Ironically, with the point of the OPs post being UFC Champs with wrestling background, GSP possibly the greatest functional MMA wrestler of them all shouldn't even be on that list. He never wrestled in HS or college. He came into MMA as a Kickboxer and BJJ fighter who picked up wrestling after the fact.

I actually gained a lot of respect for Kongo after this fight. Sure it would have been more exciting to watch them stand up and trade but Kongo came in with a gameplan for once and executed it to perfection. Of course he's not an elite wrestler but he wrestled enough to make Buentello look like a chump.

i dont think people have a prob with wreslters just the wreslters who do the same thing over an over all the champs u named mixed it up either alot or a bit an a couple of them i wouldnt say they were champs cause of the wreslting but cause of there striking i hate wrestlers causae well here what really made me hate them wec cerrone vs henderson all ben did was go for the takdown over an over an over an over thats the type of wreslter i dont like

Im a fight fan, Im not a wresting fan.

Wrestling isnt fighting, its avoiding fighting, wrestlers are just scared to get hit so they have to spend the whole time huggin the other guy.

Its one thing to strike with some one and then get a takedown and then stand for abit then take them down again, but a fight is SOOOO boring when one guy just wont stand and the other guy doesnt want to go to the ground. So instead of a fight its a battle of one guy goin for a take down and the other trying to put on a show.

& I'm pretty sure 80% of mma fans dont like to watch wrestling. On the other hand I bet 80% of the people on this site like it because the people who actualy post on this site are reall mma fans.

Not sayin Im not a mma fan but I just dont like wrestling, its not the ground fighting I dont like its the boring lay and pray style that most people are starting to use.

i dont think people have a prob with wreslters just the wreslters who do the same thing over an over all the champs u named mixed it up either alot or a bit an a couple of them i wouldnt say they were champs cause of the wreslting but cause of there striking i hate wrestlers causae well here what really made me hate them wec cerrone vs henderson all ben did was go for the takdown over an over an over an over thats the type of wreslter i dont like

maybe your just not made for this sport then. Takedowns count, if the Bjj guy was so good, defend the takedown or get a reversal once you hit the ground. Its worth about as much as a takedown in the judges eyes.

maybe your just not made for this sport then. Takedowns count' date=' if the Bjj guy was so good, defend the takedown or get a reversal once you hit the ground. Its worth about as much as a takedown in the judges eyes.[/quote']

Its easyer to take someone down then to not get taken down. Its so boring watching some wrestler scared to get hit spend 2 mintues on a takedown or spend 2 mintues laying on the guy.

Wrestlers can be exciting but most of the time there not.

Im a fight fan' date=' Im not a wresting fan.

[b']Wrestling isnt fighting, its avoiding fighting[/b], wrestlers are just scared to get hit so they have to spend the whole time huggin the other guy.

& I'm pretty sure 80% of mma fans dont like to watch wrestling. On the other hand I bet 80% of the people on this site like it because the people who actualy post on this site are reall mma fans.

Not sayin Im not a mma fan but I just dont like wrestling, its not the ground fighting I dont like its the boring lay and pray style that most people are starting to use.

I totally agree with this. Wrestling is NOT a martial art. It's more like an anti-martial art.

Wrestling isnt fighting, its avoiding fighting, wrestlers are just scared to get hit so they have to spend the whole time huggin the other guy.

Not sayin Im not a mma fan but I just dont like wrestling, its not the ground fighting I dont like its the boring lay and pray style that most people are starting to use.[/quote']

i used to be the sameway years ago...but i guess i have grown to love all aspects,like a technical ground war is very exciting,but i know what u mean,to me gray maynard is boring,kosheck was kinda like that when he first started but his game has developed nice,even though i dont like kos ill still say that.but the reffs will stand it up quicker these days.ground is good but we dont wanna see two guys nuthugging for three rounds ..i can understand that

Its one thing to strike with some one and then get a takedown and then stand for abit then take them down again, but a fight is SOOOO boring when one guy just wont stand and the other guy doesnt want to go to the ground. So instead of a fight its a battle of one guy goin for a take down and the other trying to put on a show.

Not sayin Im not a mma fan but I just dont like wrestling, its not the ground fighting I dont like its the boring lay and pray style that most people are starting to use.[/quote']

90% of fights end up on the ground. If 80% of people dont like it, then DONT WATCH!!! Wrestlers have always dominated!!

and wrestlers avoid fighting?? WTF do you call taking a dude down and beating him to a pulp?? Line Dancing??

Nobody likes to watch Lay N Pray..........but NOT ALL WRESTLERS DO THIS!!!!! Does Randy Couture, Rampage Jackson, GSP LnP?? If your answer to this is yes...shoot yerself or please stop watching

Go back to your cave. 90% of fights end up on the ground. If 80% of people dont like it' date=' then DONT WATCH!!! Wrestlers have always dominated!!

and wrestlers avoid fighting?? WTF do you call taking a dude down and beating him to a pulp?? Line Dancing??

Nobody like to watch Lay N Pray..........but NOT ALL WRESTLERS DO THIS!!!!! Does Randy Couture, Rampage Jackson, GSP LnP?? If your answer to this is yes...shoot yerself or please stop watching[/quote']

Randy Couture uses PnP. Push n' pray against the fence.

Go back to your cave. 90% of fights end up on the ground. If 80% of people dont like it' date=' then DONT WATCH!!! Wrestlers have always dominated!!

Nobody like to watch Lay N Pray..........but NOT ALL WRESTLERS DO THIS!!!!! Does Randy Couture, Rampage Jackson, GSP LnP?? If your answer to this is yes...shoot yerself or please stop watching[/quote']

The problem is some people think its either you like every MMA fight or none. Thats not the case. As in all sports there are good and bad fights, and in most cases the bad fights are boring wrestling matches.

WHO CARES IF THEY DOMINATE ! Really is that impressive if someone can hold a better striker on the ground for 15 mintues and get a decision? Or even when they finish with weak GnP its just sad, I serious think I could stand with some of the UFC cause all they know is ground fighting.

Like I said I dont mind someone mixing in a takedown during a fight, but I cant stand how wrestlers dont even have stand up but they do good because they can take anyone down and hold them there.

If your not going to finish on the ground dont go there !

Whats more boring then watching a guy spend half the fight trying for a takedown or laying on top.

The problem is some people think its either you like every MMA fight or none. Thats not the case. As in all sports there are good and bad fights' date=' and in most cases the bad fights are boring wrestling matches.

WHO CARES IF THEY DOMINATE ! Really is that impressive if someone can hold a better striker on the ground for 15 mintues and get a decision? Or even when they finish with weak GnP its just sad, I serious think I could stand with some of the UFC cause all they know is ground fighting.

Like I said I dont mind someone mixing in a takedown during a fight, but I cant stand how wrestlers dont even have stand up but they do good because they can take anyone down and hold them there.

Whats more boring then watching a guy spend half the fight trying for a takedown or laying on top.[/quote']

To me it sounds like you should watch K1, as that seems to be the only thing you don't dislike.

The problem is some people think its either you like every MMA fight or none. Thats not the case. As in all sports there are good and bad fights' date=' and in most cases the bad fights are boring wrestling matches.

Whats more boring then watching a guy spend half the fight trying for a takedown or laying on top.[/quote']

I gotta agree with you on some of this: For instance, Diego Sanchez/Bj Penn, would you consider that a "Boring" fight?? I didnt. Even though it didnt really even go to the ground, Diego tried time after time to get a takedown, which he couldnt, so he just held Bj's leg while pushing him into the fence. The 5th round lone and behold a huge head kick that ends the fight....so was this BORING?? Diego held Penns leg for about 20mins??

Most wrestler take people down and GnP them out....if the opponent lasts the 15 mins of mauling then more power to him....still got dominated.

To me it sounds like you should watch K1' date=' as that seems to be the only thing you don't dislike.[/quote']

lol thats every ones anwser on this forum and I do watch K1 and I like it better then the UFC,

but K1 isnt north american its japanese and MMA is fun to watch to and just so you know you dont have to watch one sport.

I like the UFC I dont mind watching a ground fight when both guys want it on the ground and they are both attacking on top and the bottom. But I like a stand up fight better and I HATE watching wreslters who wont give up on taking it to the ground and couldnt ko someone if there life depended on it.

Because those people aren't real mma fans. They are either boxing fans that transfered over or WWE fans that transferred over. None have trained a day in there life and none have a clue about how grappling works

Oh god, now I have to be trained in something to be allowed to be a fan?

I gotta agree with you on some of this: For instance' date=' Diego Sanchez/Bj Penn, would you consider that a "Boring" fight?? I didnt. Even though it didnt really even go to the ground, Diego tried time after time to get a takedown, which he couldnt, so he just held Bj's leg while pushing him into the fence. The 5th round lone and behold a huge head kick that ends the fight....so was this BORING?? Diego held Penns leg for about 20mins??

Most wrestler take people down and GnP them out....if the opponent lasts the 15 mins of mauling then more power to him....still got dominated.[/quote']

To be honest that was a boring fight, BJ was just to good for Diego and Diego threw the same thing over and over. 1-2 1-2, I mean I could have beaten Diego if he did that. But of course that was only because Pen hurt him bad and showed Diego that he wont be taking him down.

And you said I should watch kickboxing and I do and I like it more then MMA,

but its easyer to follow MMA and if you didnt know....

yes you can watch both and enjoy both....... sometimes.

I dont really have a problem with wrestlers but I think its a lil overrated and the ufc rules favor them more. Ive seen guys have more control on the bottom over the guy on top and the guy on bottom would still lose. I just think its a little bit flawed but thats me.

And you said I should watch kickboxing and I do and I like it more then MMA' date='

but its easyer to follow MMA and if you didnt know....

yes you can watch both and enjoy both....... sometimes.[/quote']

+1. I watch K1 as well, and regular boxing, SF, and dream. Ive always been a fan of Fight sports. Ive never liked football, basketball, baseball...cant stand em. So I guess Im just use to wrestlers, but there is no denying, if your a striker, then the ball is in YOUR court as they say, because all fights start standing, if you get taken down, you didnt do your job very well and the wrestler has carried his gameplan out.

Yes, but lets not forget everyone, that this is fighting. If you can render someone useless in an aspect of the game then why not do it? if they cant defend against it then they aren't as good as you.

yea but look at chael sonnen..the guy cant do anything except sit on u for 3 rounds

agree'd there are some BORING a** wrestlers. and Chael is one of them. Same with Fitch. But not all wrestlers are. Wrestling is one of/if not the most important aspect to MMA. If you dont have it' date=' you get put on yer back and stay there. Who is at fault, the wrestler for being ontop, or the guy on the bottom that cant escape or get up??

But people say Brock LnP's and I just dont see that. He takes them down and mauls them. it doesnt look like much, but look at EVERY opponents face before and after Brock. Laying on them DOESNT do that.

[img']http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0907/sat.ufc.100/images/satufceleven.jpg[/img]

Heath-Herring.jpg

and I predict if this guy ever gets here, this is what he will look like.

0.jpg

nope thats all what he knows ..thats his bread n butter..doesnt make it right though...like u said its mma..not a grappling competition lol

Sonnen is a GRINDER with which he uses his wrestling. He does have some stand up. Once again if his game plan is to LnP it's boring but it works and at the end of the night he gets paid to WIN not to lose.

agree'd there are some BORING a** wrestlers. and Chael is one of them. Same with Fitch. But not all wrestlers are. Wrestling is one of/if not the most important aspect to MMA. If you dont have it' date=' you get put on yer back and stay there. Who is at fault, the wrestler for being ontop, or the guy on the bottom that cant escape or get up??

But people say Brock LnP's and I just dont see that. He takes them down and mauls them. it doesnt look like much, but look at EVERY opponents face before and after Brock. Laying on them DOESNT do that.

[/quote']

Brock does lay and prey .... Heath Hearring. Once he got Hearring down he did not even attempt to GnP him.

[img']http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0907/sat.ufc.100/images/satufceleven.jpg[/img]

Heath-Herring.jpg

and I predict if this guy ever gets here, this is what he will look like.

0.jpg

brock will be out before he even touches fedor....ur so predictable bro..lol...alot of these wrestlers r boring and just sit there for 3 rounds, i know u lov randy couture but even randy has evolved and boxes now..works the leg kicks etc

brock will be out before he even touches fedor....ur so predictable bro..lol...alot of these wrestlers r boring and just sit there for 3 rounds' date=' i know u lov randy couture but even randy has evolved and boxes now..works the leg kicks etc[/quote']

brock lesnar doesnt have much experience' date=' i thought ur a real fan lol, u know ...2 think lesnar will beat fedor..u must be out of ur mind[/quote']

hahahah Im just f***** around you ****s. Hahaha god relax, your precious Fedor is safe and sound at Strikeforce.

and BTW. I USED to be a HUGE Fedor fan!!!! His ducking to fight lesser quality opponents tarnished alot of respect I have for him. Everyyone goes on and on about Fedor beating "OLD" (Fired) UFC Champs, and Nogueira... Big Whoop.... Fedor couldnt even finish Nogueira....in which Velasquez did in about 2 mins.

he owns 20 percent of m1, he isnt ducking any 1, and ur not a brock ****? u lov the lay n pray action...go watch a grappling tournament..he beat big nog when big nog was in his prime....fedor fought big nog in his guard for most of the fight...that shows u what a complete mma fighter he is...cain chose 2 stand....fedor chose the hardest route beating big nog at his own game

he owns 20 percent of m1' date=' he isnt ducking any 1, and ur not a brock ****? u lov the lay n pray action...go watch a grappling tournament..he beat big nog when big nog was in his prime....fedor fought big nog in his guard for most of the fight...that shows u what a complete mma fighter he is...cain chose 2 stand....fedor chose the hardest route beating big nog at his own game[/quote']

blah blah blah blah blah...alot changes in 5 years.

M1 is bankrupt, the only thing holding it in place is Fedor. He is the brand name. So why not drop the bust company and re-start your BRAND NAME in UFC. It wouldnt be that hard for a guy with a record such as his. Its not like Fedor is making a sh** ton of money with them. I guarantee if he came to UFc and became champ he would make twice as much.

I love wrestling WAY before Brock even step foot in this sport.....you can keep your two cents. they are worthless

Randy Couture

Chuck Liddell

Matt Hughes

George St Pierre

Quinton Rampage Jackson

Mark Coleman

Jens Pulver

Kevin Randleman

Josh Barnett

Brock Lesnar

Tito Ortiz

Ken Shamrock

Rico Rodriguez

Tim Sylvia

Frank Shamrock

Rashad Evans

Evan Tanner

Pat Miletich

Carlos Newton

Sean Sherk

Dan Severn

Don Frye

BJJ Champs:

Bj Penn

Lyoto Machida

Royce Gracie

Frank Mir

Murilo Bustamante

Matt Serra

I dont want to sound smart but you should put out Chuck Liddel, Rampage Jackson, Jens Pulver, and Tim Sylvia out of your wrestlers list of champions.

And Rico Rodriguez, and Carlos Newton belong more in BJJ champions list

Archived