James Irvin has a strange career

Coltrane

He was fought at heavyweight in the WEC which is strange because now the WEC is known for lighter fighters. Also, his last fight was at middle weight where he looked like a dehydrated alien.

In his only fight in strike force it was a no contest because both fighters fell out of the cage...

He lost to Thiago Silva because of an unusual knee injury.

He beat Luiz Cane because he took a knee to the eye on the ground and Cane was disqualified.

His last fight he lost because he got punched in the eye. (his eye must be f***ed up)

He got an 8 second KO of Houston Alexander.

The fight after that Alexander fight, he got knocked out by Anderson Silva in one of the most brutal knock outs I've ever seen.

I'm not saying he's not a good fighter or he's not brave, but he just had a career that is different from most other fighters. What do you cats think? Agree? Disagree?

He was fought at heavyweight in the WEC which is strange because now the WEC is known for lighter fighters. Also' date=' his last fight was at middle weight where he looked like a dehydrated alien.

In his only fight in strike force it was a no contest because both fighters fell out of the cage...

He beat Luiz Cane because he took a knee to the eye on the ground and Cane was disqualified.

His last fight he lost because he got punched in the eye. (his eye must be f***ed up)

The fight after that Alexander fight, he got knocked out by Anderson Silva in one of the most brutal knock outs I've ever seen.

I'm not saying he's not a good fighter or he's not brave, but he just had a career that is different from most other fighters. What do you cats think? Agree? Disagree?[/quote']

i would have cut him and tryed to keep huerta

I think he was trying to reinvent himself at MW thinking his size and power might be an advantage ( under other circumstances they might have been)

But anyone wtaching the fight or the weigh ins saw how incredibly bad he looked at both.

He was fought at heavyweight in the WEC which is strange because now the WEC is known for lighter fighters. Also' date=' his last fight was at middle weight where he looked like a dehydrated alien.

I'm not saying he's not a good fighter or he's not brave, but he just had a career that is different from most other fighters. What do you cats think? Agree? Disagree?[/quote']

What a long strange trip it's been.. That Anderson Silva knockout was brutal, his face still doesn't look right.

What a long strange trip it's been.. That Anderson Silva knockout was brutal' date=' his face still doesn't look right.[/quote']

Yeah that scar under his right eye is HUGE!! Bummer about this past fight but it was a legit punch but bad luck that it went right into his eyeball. I think he's just a stand up fighter that has to fight in tough weightclasses....

Good post, nice read thx

Archived