Vitor's striking and A.Silva's striking

iRelentless

As stated many times we can all agree that as an all round striker Anderson has the edge.

But, it has come to mind that during A.Silva vs Franklin 1+2 it took quite a few shots to send Franklin to the mat, Silva used quite a few knees to the head mixed with punches etc.

In Vitor Belfort's fight with Franklin it took about three punches(approx) to clean him out.

The main purpose of this is that i've read in previous threads that either Silva is more powerful or Vitor has no power. To me this is definately wrong. Just because Vitor's punches are quick doesn't mean they aint powerful. I'm sure everyone can throw weak puches at speed or stronger punches at a slower pace. But Vitor's talent is that he cant throw bombs at the high speed.

Therefore as seen in the previous thread 'Best hands in MMA' It is definately Vitor over Silva, and potentially over anyone else.

Anderson Silva is the best striker in the world. To do what he does is amazing. I like to watch him fight, just wish he would take the serious fighters, and not complain when he fights someone that can beat him.

Vitor might have a little more power but Silvas striking is still way better. I think Silva is faster and more accurate. I would still ike to see Vitor Ko Silva but i dont think he will be able to' date=' if they ever fight[/quote']

No way Anderson is faster. You could say he has better head movement, foot-work and precision though. I also think Anderson's power is wayyyy under-rated. His punches are like ****ing torpedos. Think about it, almost every person he has made contact with has gone down. He took out james Irvin in one punch, demolished nate, rocked Hendo (which no one does), Griffin, Leben, Franklin. All guys that have solid chins.

I go Silva all the way. Silva is a lot more accurate so even if he has less speed and/or power he always gets to hit the sweet spot. Even if Vitor has more power everyone knows Silva has enough power to put KOs so he doesnt need more. Also as said previously Silva has more variety in his striking.. I'd add to that that the striking game isn't only about throwing attacks but also about dealing with the opponent's striking. And on that side I think everyone has to recognize Silva's ability to dodge attacks. So wether Franklin was ko'd in 3 punches or 7 doesnt matter much. The important thing is that they both Ko'd him with ease.

Personnaly, I prefer a victory that is spreaded over many hits and that demonstrate perfect skill and control than a victory based on a single power punch. Saw that victory against Griffin? you sure did. It wasn't a 1 punch KO and it made it even more freaky. Silva dropped Griffin 3 times in 3 minutes. And between that stood hands low in front of him and danced through his punches. That kind of victory excludes any kind of possible lucky shot. And silva pretty much always wins that way.

As stated many times we can all agree that as an all round striker Anderson has the edge.

But' date=' it has come to mind that during A.Silva vs Franklin 1+2 it took quite a few shots to send Franklin to the mat, Silva used quite a few knees to the head mixed with punches etc.

In Vitor Belfort's fight with Franklin it took about three punches(approx) to clean him out.

The main purpose of this is that i've read in previous threads that either Silva is more powerful or Vitor has no power. To me this is definately wrong. Just because Vitor's punches are quick doesn't mean they aint powerful. I'm sure everyone can throw weak puches at speed or stronger punches at a slower pace. But Vitor's talent is that he cant throw bombs at the high speed.

Therefore as seen in the previous thread 'Best hands in MMA' It is definately Vitor over Silva, and potentially over anyone else.[/quote']

+1 I totally agree, Half those people on that thread probably have never even seen Vitor fight(besides the Franklin fight) Vitor has the Power and Speed over Anderson easily.

Silva is far and away the better striker here.

Most of my points have already been stated by others, so I'll just say this:

You say that Vitor took out Franklin much faster than Anderson did. To make a long story short, Franklin was DOMINATING when Silva fought him first, and Silva made Franklin look like nothing, like he was new to the sport. Not to mention Silva broke his nose.

I think we can all agree, Franklin is nowhere near the fighter he was when he was MW Champion.

Vitor is much less calculated in his punching. His striking is also very inconsistent at times its on point other times not so much. What he did with Franklin would probably not happen again if they fought again. Vitor in my opinion is a great fighter but I don't see him ever getting the 185 lbs belt with or without Silva holding it.

Anderson Silva is the best striker in the world. To do what he does is amazing. I like to watch him fight' date=' just wish he would take the serious fighters, and not complain when he fights someone that can beat him.[/quote']

serious fighters???complain???

please explain

Archived