Future of the 205 Division in 2010/2011!

CarlLane

This is what the 205 division could look like in 2010, Winners are underlined

UFC 113 Lyoto Machida *CHAMP* vs. Shogun Rua II

UFC 114 Rampage Jackson vs. Rashad Evans #1 Contender Fight

UFC 114 Forrest Griffin vs. Lil Nog

UFC 115 Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin

UFC 116 Jon Jones vs. Thiago Silva

UFC ??? Randy Couture vs. Ryan Bader

UFC ??? Lil Nog vs. Rashad Evans

UFC ??? Shogun Rua *CHAMP* vs. Rampage Jackson

UFC ??? Jon Jones vs. Randy Couture #1 Contender Fight

UFC ??? Rich Franklin vs. Forrest Griffin

UFC ??? Shogun Rua *Champ* vs. Jon Jones

everything after UFC 115 is all hypothetical of course...

you are out of your mind if you think jones will beat thiago....especially at this point....i do like jones...liked him since he fought bonnar....but lets see someone test his chin first

If he beats him, which he will, and I might add, very easily, as Thiago Silva is a joke, then you have to put "It's Bobby's World in your sig". I'll do a sig change if you do one if I win :D

I know you'll lose. Thiago is a flat out joke. He proved that in his fight with Rashad. Beating Keith Jardine doesn't make you a superstar.

nicely done..only thing you got right there was shogun being champ..and he will b for a while

you are out of your mind if you think jones will beat thiago....especially at this point....i do like jones...liked him since he fought bonnar....but lets see someone test his chin first

I think Machida will beat Shogun' date=' and Thiago would beat Jones at this point.

Franklin v Griffin would be very good and close... Hard to call.[/quote']

i really just did this for fun i realize people have opinions but this was basically just a bunch of fights i'd like to see as well as what i think is more probable to happen if they fought

Doom' date=' all of your picks seemed to be the correct and logical choice except for one, which is a HUGE one. I like Shogun, but I do not see him putting on a winning performance against Machida. There are too many obstacles for Shogun to overcome in the Machida fight.[/quote']

idk i lost a part of my MMA soul after that decision victory for Machida last September, i'd like to see Shogun get vindication basically LHW is a huge cluster puck lol but i'm excited to see how it all plays out the next few years

This is what the 205 division could look like in 2010' date=' [u']Winners[/u] are underlined

I like all of these picks expect Jones over Shogun. Its possible though.

i really just did this for fun i realize people have opinions but this was basically just a bunch of fights i'd like to see as well as what i think is more probable to happen if they fought

I'm realy glad you said that because i was half expecting to be flamed since, judging by your avatar/picks, your a Shogun fan, and since you chose Jones to beat him, a Jones fan too.

One of the first people not to flame me for disagreeing :) /handshake

This is what the 205 division could look like in 2010' date=' [u']Winners[/u] are underlined

I think it would of been a hell of a lot easier if you just said I think Jones will be future champ lol :P. Tbh he did great against a great opponent, not going to take that away from him, but i just wasn't impressed with the win for some reason. I might get flamed on for this but there was just something unsatisfying of seeing it end the way it did. I still don't think Jones can hang with the more elite 205ers just yet.

How does Jon Jones vs. Randy Couture #1 Contender Fight

pass Both rampage and Rashad in the rankings, a major flaw in how a top contender system, as well as Chuck and Tito is still on, and Rich Franlin is next up for randy couture. Your whole LHW fight list is off after UFC 114

If he beats him' date=' which he will, and I might add, very easily, as Thiago Silva is a joke, then you have to put "It's Bobby's World in your sig". I'll do a sig change if you do one if I win :D

I know you'll lose. Thiago is a flat out joke. He proved that in his fight with Rashad. Beating Keith Jardine doesn't make you a superstar.[/quote']

he got taken down the whole time and didnt just lay there and take a beating, he got up right away. that would make anyone tired, plus he has a good chin and hits hard, he'd stop jones if jones would stand with him

I think Machida will beat Shogun' date=' and Thiago would beat Jones at this point.

Franklin v Griffin would be very good and close... Hard to call.[/quote']

I'll go ahead and say Jones would beat T. Silva, but NOT Shogun.

I can't see Rich Franklin beating Chuck Liddell, but I really hope I'm wrong as Rich Franklin is my favorite fighter.

Theres only one thing wrong with your predictions... LIDDELL is coming back to be champ again!!! lol:rolleyes:

Machida will beat Shogun and why would bader get a shot with randy? Bullsh*t thread

How does Jon Jones vs. Randy Couture #1 Contender Fight

pass Both rampage and Rashad in the rankings' date=' a major flaw in how a top contender system, as well as Chuck and Tito is still on, and Rich Franlin is next up for randy couture. Your whole LHW fight list is off after UFC 114[/quote']

they don't, Rampage vs. Rashad winner fights Shogun right around the same time Couture vs. Jon Jones happens

Im mad u got Jon Jones beating Shogun 4 the title but I guess its kool since yall attended the same school or whatever. I pretty much agree with most of ur list tho.

To be honest Shogun is one of my all-time favs' date=' i just think the Machida fight will be a war and if he gets the Title then the Rampage/Rashad match will also be a war, we'll have to see if Jonny gets tested at all his next fights

To tell you the truth Doom....I think Anderson Silva is going to move up to LHW in this next year or so......and if that happens WHOOO who knows what will happen. A already stacked division gets even Bigger!! Plus Mousasi might be joining by the end of the year. +)

This is the only thing i see happening to throw a monkey in the wrench, If Shogun beats Machida and Silva dominates another opponent in Maia i really see the super fight of all super fights UFC 117 Silva vs. Shogun! Revenge! if that happens it's a toss up i'd love to see Shogun beat up both Anderson and Machida though :cool:

UFC ??? Lyoto Machida *CHAMP* vs. Rampage Jackson

UFC ??? Lyoto Machida *Champ* vs. Jon Jones

Fixed. :D

Archived