Great Article on the UFC vs Strikeforce

seveniron

Honestly, I think this was a really bad article detailing the competition. It didn't bring any new information to light and expects us to believe that the way to see the best fighters fight each other is to have multiple organizations co-promote like boxing. We all have seen how this problem in boxing deprives fans of the best fights. If Pacquiaou and Mayweather were in the same organization, we could all see that fight. Same goes for Fedor vs Brock and all the other great matchups that could be made. I don't see how MMA being an individual sport makes it any different than the major sports in America that have one major organization that all the best players come to.

Great Article...... The NFL doesnt be little the CFL and its players because the CFL is like comparing high school sports to D1 college sports. Lets see Nate Diaz couldnt beat GSP because hes a light weight in the UFC and cant beat contenders such as Joe Daddy or Gray Maynard ooo wait the idiot who wrote this garbage ment nick diaz hmmm didnt he fight in the ufc as well and got beat by Karo Parisyan, Diego, Joe Riggs, Sean Sherk. Better check your sources for you back a bogus article

MMA is not soccer, its not football, its not any other sport. In a period like now where a sport is growing its pretty cut-throat. If i had to compare any sport to MMA it would be baseball, odd but in a way very similar. How do you think the Yankees won soo many championships? Because they bought the best players. If an orginization is not competing to be the best and just trying to co-mingle along with the rest it wont survive, almost like an up-scaled social darwinism type effect, and whoever isnt at the top of the food chain runs the risk of being phased out faster.

Now it is possible for several orginizations to exist but not on a national or even international scale. There has to be one orginization to be the dominant presence, and as long as DW keeps doing what hes doing the UFC will remain on top

I'm guessing the OP of this thread wrote this article because I don't see how anybody else could think this was a great read. All the sports he referenced were comparing international sports - Premier League soccer to Spanish League soccer' date=' the NFL to the CFL. The UFC is still struggling to gain it's fan base. It's not established as the NFL or using your example the Premier League or Spanish League soccer. Besides don't Premier League teams play against Spanish league teams at some point for a championship. Fedor and Brock will never have a chance to figh each other as long as their in different organizations.[/quote']

Every couple weeks he comes here and posts his drivel as "a great read" and it never is.

the article is biased and uninformative, a very weak argument, and an obvious lack of knowlege or blatant ignorance of how businesses are run, If i own a brand, i would want it to be the only brand, why? because i want to make as much money as possible, thats the point of being in business, to make money! you don't do it to lose money or help your competition make money you could be making,.... that'll just put you out of business... it's funny that only the UFC is regarded as the greedy business in MMA, so i guess M-1 are obviosuly great guys who only are in it for the sport and the fighters?? The obviously work tirelessly to get this sport sanctioned all over the world, and to get the sport in the mainstream etc...lol, and same with Dream, Strikeforce, Sengoku and the rest?? if they all had the UFC's position in the sport they would all be doing the very same thing, what a lot of fans keep missing is in the end, like ALL pro sports, it's a business, get over it....

Honestly' date=' I think this was a really bad article detailing the competition. It didn't bring any new information to light and expects us to believe that the way to see the best fighters fight each other is to have multiple organizations co-promote like boxing. We all have seen how this problem in boxing deprives fans of the best fights. If Pacquiaou and Mayweather were in the same organization, we could all see that fight. Same goes for Fedor vs Brock and all the other great matchups that could be made. I don't see how MMA being an individual sport makes it any different than the major sports in America that have one major organization that all the best players come to.[/quote']

at the Pacquiaou vs Mayweather fight is POSSIBLE. the ufc will NEVER co-promote a fight with another organization, regardless of how good the deal is for them.

individual sports are MUCH different than team sports.

Besides don't Premier League teams play against Spanish league teams at some point for a championship. Fedor and Brock will never have a chance to figh each other as long as their in different organizations.

yup, that was the point i think. that premier league teams play other leagues in the champions league. fedor and brock will never have a chance to fight each other because of the ufc, not M1 or Strikeforce.

Great Article...... The NFL doesnt be little the CFL and its players because the CFL is like comparing high school sports to D1 college sports. Lets see Nate Diaz couldnt beat GSP because hes a light weight in the UFC and cant beat contenders such as Joe Daddy or Gray Maynard ooo wait the idiot who wrote this garbage ment nick diaz hmmm didnt he fight in the ufc as well and got beat by Karo Parisyan' date=' Diego, Joe Riggs, Sean Sherk. Better check your sources for you back a bogus article[/quote']

so then why does dana white belittle strikeforce?

please don't do the 'he beat him, so he can beat the other guy' logic. Serra KO'd GSP, what does that mean?

at the Pacquiaou vs Mayweather fight is POSSIBLE. the ufc will NEVER co-promote a fight with another organization' date=' regardless of how good the deal is for them.

individual sports are MUCH different than team sports.[/quote']

Why would they? Where's the benefit to the UFC to co-promote with anyone? The UFC has spent a lot of time and money lobbying the State governments to get MMA sanctioned across the US. They have already made it possible for the competition to even hold events, why share the spotlight. They are a business period. End of story.

There is not a SINGLE co-promotion "Super Fight" that would be good for the UFCs long term business plan.

If an orginization is not competing to be the best and just trying to co-mingle along with the rest it wont survive' date=' almost like an up-scaled social darwinism type effect, and whoever isnt at the top of the food chain runs the risk of being phased out faster.

Now it is possible for several orginizations to exist but not on a national or even international scale. There has to be one orginization to be the dominant presence, and as long as DW keeps doing what hes doing the UFC will remain on top[/quote']

what about boxing? there are multiple organizations that do fine.

btw, does DW have hairy balls?

the article is biased and uninformative' date=' a very weak argument, and an obvious lack of knowlege or blatant ignorance of how businesses are run, If i own a brand, i would want it to be the only brand, why? because i want to make as much money as possible, thats the point of being in business, to make money![/quote']

good point. what fight would generate more $ than Fedor vs Brock?

Why would they? Where's the benefit to the UFC to co-promote with anyone? The UFC has spent a lot of time and money lobbying the State governments to get MMA sanctioned across the US. They have already made it possible for the competition to even hold events' date=' why share the spotlight. They are a business period. End of story.

There is not a SINGLE co-promotion "Super Fight" that would be good for the UFCs long term business plan.[/quote']

the financial benefit of fights like Fedor vs Brock, Diaz vs GSP, Lawler vs A. Silva, Rogers vs Mir/Carwin would be huge.

tell me, what are the ufc's long term business plans?

good point. what fight would generate more $ than Fedor vs Brock?

Anyone with the business sense beyond grade school level understands that you don't trade short term $$$ for long term planning.

What creates more money, a single Brock vs Fedor fight or having SF be pushed back to a small region promotion and sign Fedor to a 3-4 fight deal along with picking the cream of SF and bringing them into the UFC?

the financial benefit of fights like Fedor vs Brock' date=' Diaz vs GSP, Lawler vs A. Silva, Rogers vs Mir/Carwin would be huge.

tell me, what are the ufc's long term business plans?[/quote']

They would be huge for StrikeForce not the UFC. A co-promotion would only legitimize SF in the fans eyes, the LAST thing the UFC would want to do.

Anyone with the business sense beyond grade school level understands that you don't trade short term $$$ for long term planning.

What creates more money' date=' a single Brock vs Fedor fight or having SF be pushed back to a small region promotion and sign Fedor to a 3-4 fight deal along with picking the cream of SF and bringing them into the UFC?[/quote']

the only 'picking the cream' that's been happening is Strikeforce taking ufc fighters (henderson).

neither brock nor fedor are spring chickens. they're both 33. how many years do u figure it'll take for the ufc to reach their "long term business plans"? how old will fedor be? 40? 45?

when u said 'anyone with the business sense beyond grade school level' - were u including yourself in that group?

They would be huge for StrikeForce not the UFC. A co-promotion would only legitimize SF in the fans eyes' date=' the LAST thing the UFC would want to do.[/quote']

this i agree with. although the financial benefits would be bigger for the ufc since they have more muscle to throw around come negotiation time.

but if dana white and the ufc are so 'confident' in their domination of the market, what do they have to fear?

the only 'picking the cream' that's been happening is Strikeforce taking ufc fighters (henderson).

neither brock nor fedor are spring chickens. they're both 33. how many years do u figure it'll take for the ufc to reach their "long term business plans"? how old will fedor be? 40? 45?

when u said 'anyone with the business sense beyond grade school level' - were u including yourself in that group?

No pretty much just you. Like every other POS blog post you put on here they are short on facts or compelling arguments. Just your own half informed opinions.

Who cares if Brock and Fedor ever fight? If Fedor NEVER steps foot into a UFC octagon the promotion is not going to just fade away. They have plenty of talent that sells huge PPV numbers without him.

The entire point of you article seems to be the UFC needs to co-promote, but you give zero reason for it beyond a single ppv return. Trash pure and simple.

this i agree with. although the financial benefits would be bigger for the ufc since they have more muscle to throw around come negotiation time.

but if dana white and the ufc are so 'confident' in their domination of the market' date=' what do they have to fear?[/quote']

Its business man pure and simple. Why would I lend my sales reps or warehouse space to my competition. I don't fear them in any way, but why the hell would I help them try and take my customers. Makes zero sense.

No pretty much just you. Like every other POS blog post you put on here they are short on facts or compelling arguments. Just your own half informed opinions.

Who cares if Brock and Fedor ever fight? If Fedor NEVER steps foot into a UFC octagon the promotion is not going to just fade away. They have plenty of talent that sells huge PPV numbers without him.

The entire point of you article seems to be the UFC needs to co-promote' date=' but you give zero reason for it beyond a single ppv return. Trash pure and simple.[/quote']

+1

the article is biased and uninformative' date=' a very weak argument, and an obvious lack of knowlege or blatant ignorance of how businesses are run, If i own a brand, i would want it to be the only brand, why? because i want to make as much money as possible, thats the point of being in business, to make money! you don't do it to lose money or help your competition make money you could be making,.... that'll just put you out of business... it's funny that only the UFC is regarded as the greedy business in MMA, so i guess M-1 are obviosuly great guys who only are in it for the sport and the fighters?? The obviously work tirelessly to get this sport sanctioned all over the world, and to get the sport in the mainstream etc...lol, and same with Dream, Strikeforce, Sengoku and the rest?? if they all had the UFC's position in the sport they would all be doing the very same thing, what a lot of fans keep missing is in the end, like ALL pro sports, it's a business, get over it....[/quote']

This is the argument I dont agree with. Why should "we fans" care about the business. I dont care how much more money the UFC wants. The only thing I care is good fights and right now they are preventing some of them from happening.

While I can understand that UFC doesnt want to co-promote I dont understand some of you fans that stand by him and support Dana and Fertitas all the way by saying, this is business. Who cares, you should only care about seeing good fights.

And think about it, they could make even more money with co-promoting but they only want to have the money for themselves and why would I as a fan be OK with it if its depriving me of some good fights that could otherwise be possible

The entire point of you article seems to be the UFC needs to co-promote' date=' but you give zero reason for it beyond a single ppv return. Trash pure and simple.[/quote']

i care. and i'm sure a lot of other mma fans out there care too.

i didn't say the ufc would fade away without fedor. they've already expressed A LOT of interest in getting fedor. obviously they want him, whether it's for PPV numbers or not.

it's not my article but i didn't get that the entire point was that the ufc needs to co-promote. the reason the author wants to see them co-promote is for him and the fans out there.

i think the POINT is that the ufc is a greedy organization and doesn't care about the fans.

This is the argument I dont agree with. Why should "we fans" care about the business. I dont care how much more money the UFC wants. The only thing I care is good fights and right now they are preventing some of them from happening.

While I can understand that UFC doesnt want to co-promote I dont understand some of you fans that stand by him and support Dana and Fertitas all the way by saying' date=' this is business. Who cares, you should only care about seeing good fights.

And think about it, they could make even more money with co-promoting but they only want to have the money for themselves and why would I as a fan be OK with it if its depriving me of some good fights that could otherwise be possible[/quote']

+1... exactly

You make absolutely no sense. Explain to me how it's the UFC's fault? The UFC offered Fedor an insane amount of money and a title shot and he and M1 turned it down.

Look at every other sport. Are their two NFLs' date=' two NBAs, or MLBs?? NO... There are minor leagues but you don't see minor league organizations throwing all their money at a Peyton Manning, a Lebron James, or a Alex Rodriguez to legitimize their organizations. It makes no sense.

People say we get more MMA with different leagues but that's not true if all these fighters were with the UFC we would just get more and better match ups within the UFC.[/quote']

your an idiot man, the UFC cant have all the best MMA fighters no matter how hard they try and its stupid that they wont let there fighters fight in other org or at least co promote.

What if your in the UFC and you only get 1 fight in a year? Its hard if not impossible for the coming up fighters to make enough money to live of a fight a year and they should be aloud to go and make money in other org if the UFC isnt willing to give them the fights they need.

i care. and i'm sure a lot of other mma fans out there care too.

i didn't say the ufc would fade away without fedor. they've already expressed A LOT of interest in getting fedor. obviously they want him' date=' whether it's for PPV numbers or not.

it's not my article but i didn't get that the entire point was that the ufc needs to co-promote. the reason the author wants to see them co-promote is for him and the fans out there.

i think the POINT is that the ufc is a greedy organization and doesn't care about the fans.[/quote']

I disagree, they air a ton of FREE fight nights every year on Spike and now Versus. Great fights like Florion vs Gomi, JDs vs Gonzaga etc etc. To say the don't care about the fans is just blind bashing because they don't give you every thing you want.

As a fan, of course I want to see Fedor vs Brock or Mir or any of the top fighters. As a guy who runs his own business I can accept the business aspect of why the UFC doesn't co-promote and don't hold it against them. I would do the exact same thing were I in their position.

Archived