More Plasible Matchups for A. Silva

naturally4real

(Title meant to say "Plausible")

First off, I say more plausible matchups because some people seem to be blinded with extreme hatred for GSP and want to see him get destroyed by A. Silva or have extreme love for GSP and for that reason think he stands a chance against the likes of A. Silva and want to see that fight. Well these two reasons for wanting to see a fight are blasphemous.

So lets consider two more plausible matchups.

Silva vs. Rampage, or Silva vs. Suga Rashad Evans would be awesomely great fights. Now it must be noted that A. Silva, Rampage, and Rashad are three of my favorite fighters in the UFC. And I am ecstatic that Rampage and Rashad are fighting. So it would be icing on the cake, for me personally, if either of these combinations of fights were to happen. However, this is not my only basis for wanting to see these fights, for my wanting to see these fights is also due to the fact that Rampage and Rashad both are legitimate threats to Silva. But I must say that Silva seems to be in a league of his own and would likely defeat anybody in the mma world at any given weight. But my number one choice would be A. Silva vs. Rampage, because I think out of anybody he stands the best chance of defeating Silva.

So would anybody else like to see these fights?

First off' date=' I say more plausible matchups because some people seem to be blinded with extreme hatred for GSP and want to see him get destroyed by A. Silva or have extreme love for GSP and for that reason think he stands a chance against the likes of A. Silva and want to see that fight. Well these two reasons for wanting to see a fight are blasphemous.

So lets consider two more plausible matchups.

Silva vs. Rampage, or Silva vs. Suga Rashad Evans would be awesomely great fights. Now it must be noted that A. Silva, Rampage, and Rashad are three of my favorite fighters in the UFC. And I am ecstatic that Rampage and Rashad are fighting. So it would be icing on the cake, for me personally, if either of these combinations of fights were to happen. However, this is not my only basis for wanting to see these fights, for my wanting to see these fights is also due to the fact that Rampage and Rashad both are legitimate threats to Silva. But I must say that [b']Silva seems to be in a league of his own[/b] and would likely defeat anybody in the mma world at any given weight. But my number one choice would be A. Silva vs. Rampage, because I think out of anybody he stands the best chance of defeating Silva.

So would anybody else like to see these fights?

Yeah its called the Middleweight Division, Anderson should fight Maia then Sonnen then vacate his belt if he hasnt lost to Sonnen because he's not getting tested at middleweight and at the end of the day thats why he looks like he's in a league of his own.

I'm not saying he's not one of the best fighters in the world and I think he would have a good chance of getting the LHW title but his fights would be closer if he was fighting the likes of Rua, Rampage, Evans, Couture and Jones.

Yeah its called the Middleweight Division' date=' Anderson should fight Maia then Sonnen then vacate his belt if he hasnt lost to Sonnen because he's not getting tested at middleweight and at the end of the day thats why he looks like he's in a league of his own.

I'm not saying he's not one of the best fighters in the world and I think he would have a good chance of getting the LHW title but his fights would be closer if he was fighting the likes of Rua, Rampage, Evans, Couture and Jones.[/quote']

Yeah, I agree in that it would be more exciting if he had a more permanent presence at LHW.

I have a feeling Shogun vs A.Silva is the big plan...

LHW:

A.Silva vs Jones (Interesting match-up style wise, Jones could toss Silva on his head IMO with his throws)

A.Silva vs Evans (I'd replace with Rampage if he stays after KO'ing Rashad)

HW: Ed Soares sais it's not too farfetch'd, So I'll indulge in that thought for a min....

A.Silva vs Mir or any top contender for that matter

A.Silva vs Brock (I don't think Brock's going away anywhere any time soon)

It's all opinion based. I think Rampage vs A. Silva would be a good match-up but I'm sticking with GSP vs Anderson.

And i'm of the opinion that GSP would win.

A lot of people think A. Silva is untouchable. I think GSP is a bad match-up for Silva.

First of all Hendo and Lutter imposed their will at the start of their fights against A. Silva. They didn't do much damage but they were effective.

Thales leites hit a nice double leg take-down on the Spider and we all know that nothing compares to GSP's double leg take down. Plus with his added strength and muscle I think he could control him.

I also think Randy Couture would be a good match-up and you know he's not going to be shell shocked against him.

It's all opinion based. I think Rampage vs A. Silva would be a good match-up but I'm sticking with GSP vs Anderson.

And i'm of the opinion that GSP would win.

A lot of people think A. Silva is untouchable. I think GSP is a bad match-up for Silva.

First of all Hendo and Lutter imposed their will at the start of their fights against A. Silva. They didn't do much damage but they were effective.

Thales leites hit a nice double leg take-down on the Spider and we all know that nothing compares to GSP's double leg take down. Plus with his added strength and muscle I think he could control him.

I also think Randy Couture would be a good match-up and you know he's not going to be shell shocked against him.

why is it that Silva's only weakness is the ground? Travis Lutter couldn't do squat from the ground once getting Silva there, and then he was locked down in that triangle which ANYONE else would have tapped from as Lutter knows the ins and outs of technical errors and silva didnt control the arm across the throat. then against Hendo, yeah ok Hendo took him down, not to dominate btw, and got choked out...

A.Silva ground game is so under-rated because of his picture perfect stand-up.

I have a feeling Shogun vs A.Silva is the big plan...

LHW:

A.Silva vs Jones (Interesting match-up style wise' date=' Jones could toss Silva on his head IMO with his throws)

A.Silva vs Evans (I'd replace with Rampage if he stays after KO'ing Rashad)

HW: Ed Soares sais it's not too farfetch'd, So I'll indulge in that thought for a min....

A.Silva vs Mir or any top contender for that matter

A.Silva vs Brock (I don't think Brock's going away anywhere any time soon)[/quote']

I think Shogun vs. Silva would be a good matchup also (I've mentioned that in the past as well). In a past post to a GSP v. Silva threa Shogun was another fighter that I mentioned to be a match i'd rather see vs Silva.

Would also say Jones vs. Silva would be interesting, but think Jones would have to fight one more top notch opponent before jumping in there against Silva. However, would be one heck of a sell if they did announce that being Jones's next fight.

I hate anderson silva and would love to see him lose. Anyone who beats him will be my hero.

Sonnen might be able to beat him if he fights a smart fight. I think Mir can probably beat silva

LOL.. mir has aobut 55 pounds on him and it is all muscle:rolleyes:

I'd love to watch Silva fight GSP. GSP is a fantastic wrestler and Silva's weakness seems to be good wrestling. Travis Lutter had him mounted and blew it with a poor armbar attempt. Although GSP is not known for finishing fights, he is good at getting his opponent down and keeping him there.

I think Sonnen is a legitimate contender with his wrestling. He may not win the fight, but it wouldn't be like Silva vs Griffin

Why is everyone forgetting about Vitor, his hands are just as good if not better than Silva's and the guy is a beast. Not to mention the fact that the MW division is the weakest in the UFC, this, of course, is not Silva's fault but I mean c'mon the guy walks around at 220+ and hasn't defended his title against a REAL contender in quite some time. Put him in there with someone that can truly test him.

Why is everyone forgetting about Vitor' date=' his hands are just as good if not better than Silva's and the guy is a beast. Not to mention the fact that the MW division is the weakest in the UFC, this, of course, is not Silva's fault but I mean c'mon the guy walks around at 220+ and hasn't defended his title against a REAL contender in quite some time. Put him in there with someone that can truly test him.[/quote']

Yes, in a different thread I said that would be another matchup I'd be interested in seeing. Really, there are many out there that would be exciting to see fight A. Silva. I just think GSP needs to be left out of the equation IMO, because Silva would walk right through him, whereas many others such as Rampage, Rashad, Shogun, Belfort, T. Silva, Hendo II, T. Alves, Jon Jones, Liddell, and Lesnar would all make for much more interesting matchups.

Any thoughts on Silva vs. Rampage' date=' or Silva vs. Suga Rashad though?[/quote']

Rampage has a huge reach dis-advantage, i dont think he would come close to silva without getting lit up!!

Rashad has a striking dis-advantage, the only chance he could have is lay and pray!!

I say Silva vs Shogun all the way!!

Archived