So Maia is a Worthy Opponent, But Hendo Wasn't?

ImTheBest

I just find it funny how Silva said that Hendo wasn't ready for a title shot after winning two fights, yet he says Maia is a worth opponent and a challenge after one fight, vs can none the less...

Could he have been afraid of losing to Hendo? i mean if its true that Silva doesnt like americans than it would really suck to lose his title to one...

Would you wanna give some guy who you beat decicively 4/5 fights ago another shot, fully knowing you had 5 fights left to cement your legacy in which you wanted to change weight divs for superfights?

No.

Just because he is Dan Henderson people have huge double standards. Hate it...

Would you wanna give some guy who you beat decicively 4/5 fights ago another shot' date=' fully knowing you had 5 fights left to cement your legacy in which you wanted to change weight divs for superfights?

No.

Just because he is Dan Henderson people have huge double standards. Hate it...[/quote']

After 112 Silva only has 2 fights left.

Also Maia got the shot because lets see....

Vitor is/had surgery needs a year to recoup

Sonnen beat Marquardt but got big time busted up in the process

Marquardt... just lost to Sonnen

Maia..... well process of elimination he's next in line.

Fail thread is Fail.

Fail thread is Fail.

You got it wrong, since he wasn;t questioning the legitamacy of Maia, he was questioning the response Anderson gave to being put against him.

Aswell as the fans response

Would you wanna give some guy who you beat decicively 4/5 fights ago another shot' date=' [b']fully knowing you had 5 fights left [/b]to cement your legacy in which you wanted to change weight divs for superfights?

No.

Just because he is Dan Henderson people have huge double standards. Hate it...

Yea, because he would definitely drop dead if he extended his contract.

hmmm because he already faced Hendo and won

he likes new challengers he dosnt like rematches

plus Hendo hadnt evolved at all from his last beating at the hands of anderson

where as the was real number one contendor in my eyes was Nate as he got better and worked on his weaknesses.

unfortunatly as Silva was fighting lightheavyweight and also had an injury there was a number onew contendor fight with chael and Nate which nate lost decisivly so Chael is number one

the thing is it is only a massive deal because it was Hendo to be honest anyother fighter that got the same treatment would not have got the same.

If it was maia it would have been o he will get destroyed anyway butt because it is Hendo everyone is up in arms about it even though he already fought and lost to Anderson and would have lost again as he had not evoled at all since the loss first time around

He doesnt want to fight the best guys in the world. He said Hendo nor Marquardt deserved to fight him, Vitor didnt deserve it, but Maia who doesnt pose nearly the threat the other three can is an easy win. Thats why Maia is "worthy."

Just my opinion.

Would you wanna give some guy who you beat decicively 4/5 fights ago another shot' date=' fully knowing you had 5 fights left to cement your legacy in which you wanted to change weight divs for superfights?

No.

Just because he is Dan Henderson people have huge double standards. Hate it...[/quote']

did u even see the anderson fight hendo? hendo raped him the first round, and its not like hendo isnt a legit threat to the title, it still makes no sense.

and yes if it was me i would fight who ever the UFC put in front of me and not make up excuses for not fighting someone who has earned the shot,

also if what you are saying is the case why didnt he just say that? instead of say that he doesnt diserve a shot? what ur saying makes little to no sense

I mean guys dont get me wrong i like anderson hes awesome, it just doesnt make any sense hes ducking someone who destroyed him the first round to fight someone of a lesser caliber it doesnt make sense, hendo raped him the first round, and go submitted in the second, just ask frank mir if u can win by a luck submission

I mean guys dont get me wrong i like anderson hes awesome' date=' it just doesnt make any sense hes ducking someone who destroyed him the first round to fight someone of a lesser caliber it doesnt make sense, hendo raped him the first round, and go submitted in the second, just ask frank mir if u can win by a luck submission[/quote']

Is Hendo in the UFC?

Fail thread is Fail.

what u are talking about has absolutely nothing to do with what i op'ed

Fail forum member fail

Is Hendo in the UFC?

This is why Hendo left. He was promised the title shot, then Marquardt started making noise about it, then Vitor showed up and Dana said he is the man to get the shot. Hendo left because he was screwed out of his title shot. Why do you think he is automatically fighting for the belt in Strikeforce? Im just sayin.

Is Hendo in the UFC?

no not anymore but silva dodged him while he was' date=' and is now taking maia, and calling him a worthy opponent and a challenge

[b']Im not saying he dodged hendo to get Maia,[/b]

Im say that hendo is a far better opponent and a far greater threat to him and he wouldnt fight him, the fact is he has denied fights vs more skilled opponents and taken fights from lesser skilled opponents and thats a fact, the question is, why is he doing it?

This is why Hendo left. He was promised the title shot' date=' then Marquardt started making noise about it, then Vitor showed up and Dana said he is the man to get the shot. Hendo left because he was screwed out of his title shot. Why do you think he is automatically fighting for the belt in Strikeforce? Im just sayin.[/quote']

was it? i thought he was asking for more money, im just asking i may not have heard enough about it

no not anymore but silva dodged him while he was, and is now taking maia, and calling him a worthy opponent and a challenge

well as far as i can see it it would have ended the same way

and IMO Hendo was not #1 contendor at the time should have been Nate

to beat somebody that you lost to before you need to evolve your game to beat your opponent

Hendo was not doing that and doing the same old lame walking forward with the right hand ****ed and then maybe wrestling a little but either way i dont think Hendo was going to win the fight

not by KO not by Sub and certainly not by decision

He doesnt want to fight the best guys in the world. He said Hendo nor Marquardt deserved to fight him' date=' Vitor didnt deserve it, but Maia who doesnt pose nearly the threat the other three can is an easy win. Thats why Maia is "worthy."

Just my opinion.[/quote']

+1 he also said GSP was not worthy and he was too small to move up in weight.. Anderson just wants to keep fighting chumps so he can look impressive when he wins.. He is going to kill Maia.

ps.. GSP would beat Anderson.

+1 he also said GSP was not worthy and he was too small to move up in weight.. Anderson just wants to keep fighting chumps so he can look impressive when he wins.. He is going to kill Maia.

I would laugh if Maia pulls it off for real. I wouldnt troll, but I wouldnt let people forget about it.

i still think they should have gave nate the shot..despite the loss.. chael just inched out of that fight while imo nate was being to complacent. nate would demolish maia! again! chael is tough as nails but not a better fighter than nate.. nate was discouraged from the takedown & choked..just like my jayhawks..hendo & belfort really screwed things up for nate in the beginning & then chael comes outta left field w/ his "toughness"lol chael cracks me up! "i'll put his prissy little **** on the canvas"

gsp would absolutely beat anderson.. if chael can take nate i beleive he could beat anderson too

Fail thread is Fail.

Also, Maia subbed Sonnen which as we know from another theard is more humbling than losing by KO to Marquardt.

Maia vs. Silva is a better main match than Sonnen. Marqardt already had his shot, and Sonnen lost to Maia.

I would laugh if Maia pulls it off for real. I wouldnt troll' date=' but I wouldnt let people forget about it.[/quote']

I just can't see him getting Anderson to the mat, hes gotta get close to him to do that and Anderson will just KO him. His only chance is if he can get him against the cage and bring him down.

Striking he has got basically no chance.

He doesnt want to fight the best guys in the world. He said Hendo nor Marquardt deserved to fight him' date=' Vitor didnt deserve it, but Maia who doesnt pose nearly the threat the other three can is an easy win. Thats why Maia is "worthy."

Anderson Silva is the last fighter in the UFC that I would accuse of ducking 'good fighters.' Im shocked that anyone would accuse him of that when everyone knows what type of fighter he is.

Anderson Silva is the last fighter in the UFC that I would accuse of ducking 'good fighters.' Im shocked that anyone would accuse him of that when everyone knows what type of fighter he is.

well look weather u like it or not the fact is he is dodging top contenders, for lesser contenders

And what kind of fighter is he?? Cause you probably train with him 24/7.. and ur his bestfriend.. buddy how do you know Anderson doesn't duck fighters and not once we said he ducks fighters we said he makes comments on them not being worthy when they are.. stop trolling.

And what kind of fighter is he?? Cause you probably train with him 24/7.. and ur his bestfriend.. buddy how do you know Anderson doesn't duck fighters and not once we said he ducks fighters we said he makes comments on them not being worthy when they are.. stop trolling.

amen

I just find it funny how Silva said that Hendo wasn't ready for a title shot after winning two fights' date=' yet he says Maia is a worth opponent and a challenge after one fight, vs can none the less...

Could he have been afraid of losing to Hendo? i mean if its true that Silva doesnt like americans than it would really suck to lose his title to one...[/quote']

Not sure if you know this yet or not but Anderson fought Hendo already and absolutely obliterated him. Hendo wasnt ready for another shot mentally. He would be terrified of a rematch. As far as Maia, who else do you suppose should get a shot?

Yeah I actually tought him everything he knows(im being sarcastic of course.) But I think that his fighting speaks for itself. Just look at ALL of his fights in the UFC. He dominated everyone. And I guess I miss-interpreted everything everyone was saying, plus what you I bolded up there kind of supports that.

PS..how is saying that A. Silva is the last fighter in the UFC that should be accused of ducking fighters trolling? Please do explain.

I mean guys dont get me wrong i like anderson hes awesome' date=' it just doesnt make any sense hes ducking someone who destroyed him the first round to fight someone of a lesser caliber it doesnt make sense, hendo raped him the first round, and go submitted in the second, just ask frank mir if u can win by a luck submission[/quote']

And you good sir, DID say that Silva is ducking opponents. You guys should keep check on what you say earlier before saying you didnt say something that you did.

Not sure if you know this yet or not but Anderson fought Hendo already and absolutely obliterated him. Hendo wasnt ready for another shot mentally. He would be terrified of a rematch. As far as Maia' date=' who else do you suppose should get a shot?[/quote']

hendo raped silva the first round he was his prison ***** he did not "absolutely obliterate him" he got caught and was submitted in the second round, and like i said ask frank mir if u can get a lucky submission

hendo raped silva the first round he was his prison ***** he did not "absolutely obliterate him" he got caught and was submitted in the second round' date=' and like i said [b']ask frank mir if u can get a lucky submission[[/b]/QUOTE]

He just 'caught' Hendo in a RCN? How do you catch someone in a RCN? Look at the replay. Silva had is back, threw strikes and took advantage of the opening Hendo left.

hendo raped silva the first round he was his prison ***** he did not "absolutely obliterate him" he got caught and was submitted in the second round' date=' and like i said ask frank mir if u can get a lucky submission[/quote']

Haha your living in your own little hate Anderson fantasy land. Hendo did nothing in the 1st round. He barely got the take down and just laid there and didnt land any punches. Anderson did more than just catch him with a sub in round 2. He forced Hendo to the ground with a barage of punches and kicks then took his back, rocked him with more punches and then subb'd him after he was mentally broken and didnt want to be in there anymore.

Haha your living in your own little hate Anderson fantasy land. Hendo did nothing in the 1st round. He barely got the take down and just laid there and didnt land any punches. Anderson did more than just catch him with a sub in round 2. He forced Hendo to the ground with a barage of punches and kicks then took his back' date=' rocked him with more punches and then subb'd him after he was mentally broken and didnt want to be in there anymore.[/quote']

no im not hating anderson i like anderson just fine, i just dont like what hes been doing lately which is dodging top competition and thats a fact wheather your anderson silva nut hugging **** wants to accept it or not

no im not hating anderson i like anderson just fine' date=' i just dont like what hes been doing lately which is dodging top competition and thats a fact wheather your anderson silva nut hugging **** wants to accept it or not[/quote']

Once again, you say that hes dodging opponents...

Who has he dodged? He said Hendo wasnt worthy, then he submitted him. He said Belfor wasnt worthy, but he still took the fight(which Belfort unfortunately had to pull out of due to injury). Who has he not fought that was put in front of him? Secondly, who has he not beat that was put in front of him?

Once again' date=' you say that hes dodging opponents...

Who has he dodged? [b']He said Hendo wasnt worthy, then he submitted him[/b]. He said Belfor wasnt worthy, but he still took the fight(which Belfort unfortunately had to pull out of due to injury). Who has he not fought that was put in front of him? Secondly, who has he not beat that was put in front of him?

no he didnt he said hendo wasnt worthy after that when he regained another title shot... how can u step in and agrue here when u dont know what the hell is going on? ....leave

oh and to awnser ur ignorant question about who he has dodged

silva as good as he is apears to be dodging people, period i dont know why he would it seems kinda irrational but you cant deny the facts

no he didnt he said hendo wasnt worthy after that when he regained another title shot... how can u step in and agrue here when u dont know what the hell is going on? ....leave

All of your ignorant comments insinuate that you dont know whats going on. Your trying to argue that Silva ducks fighters(and that Hendo was kicking Silvas a$$).

Just think about that for a second...

All of your ignorant comments insinuate that you dont know whats going on. Your trying to argue that Silva ducks fighters(and that Hendo was kicking Silvas a$$).

Just think about that for a second...

no i said hendo was kicking silvas **** in the first round. and he was period

and its not an agruement at this point that hes ducking its a fact... so quite ur whining and accept it

no im not hating anderson i like anderson just fine' date=' i just dont like what hes been doing lately which is dodging top competition and thats a fact wheather your anderson silva nut hugging **** wants to accept it or not[/quote']

Your problem is that you seem to have Anderson saying that fighters don't deserve to fight him confused with ducking. I know its a strain but remember Vitor? Anderson said he did not deserve his shot. But guess what happened!!!! That fight was signed anyways and would have happened if not for Vitor's injury. Anderson has a right to his opinion of any fighter but to say that he is ducking is completely retarded.

oh and to awnser ur ignorant question about who he has dodged

silva as good as he is apears to be dodging people' date=' period i dont know why he would it seems kinda irrational but you cant deny the facts[/b']

You actually haven't stated any facts. Just opinions.

He didn't beat Marq he destroyed him.

Cote beat himself, but Silva helped.

Hendo go outworked, plain and simple.

Maia is unconquered but has a nasty loss on his record. I don't want to see Hendo try to over-hand right his way into a title. He tried to strike and got worked, he tried to wrestle and got choked out.

What do you want? He won a round, so what. So did Travis, do you want to see that fight again?

Archived