Fedor Emelianenko to return to Strikeforce cage in June to battle Fabricio Werdum

UFCGOD1

The months of speculation appear to be over today after it was announced that WAMMA heavyweight champion, Fedor Emelianenko will return to the Strikeforce cage in June to do battle with former UFC heavyweight contender, Fabricio Werdum.

Speaking to reporters following Monday’s DREAM 13 event, Strikeforce CEO, Scott Coker said:

“M-1 Global and Strikeforce entered into a three fight contract exclusive for Fedor to fight in a co-promotion between Strikeforce and M-1 Global, and as you know we did the first fight on Nov 7 in Chicago. Fedor is now scheduled to fight in June towards the end of the month in America against Fabricio Werdum.”

Coker also addressed the rumour that the Russian could square off with Japanese legend, Hidehiko Yoshida in April:

“I’ve heard the rumors as well, and as I know more I will let the media know in American, and let the media know here, but I believe that’s just a rumor.”

With Strikeforce heavyweight champion, Alistair Overeem competing against Brett Rogers just one month earlier in St. Louis, Missouri we could possibly have the big showdown at the end of the year that everyone has been waiting for.

and out come the fedor haters....THAT is getting old

I don't hate Fedor. I love the guy. How can you hate him??? I hate... no I despise his menager and that M1 B$ because that is why he isn't here fighting with the best.

And Strikeforce is one sorry organization. You gotta admit that. I mean c'mon, their HW champion hasn't been in the ring for two years and now he is fighting a guy who lest to Fedor??? Am I the only one who finds this insulting to us, the fans of this sport?

Ah... I miss the PRIDE days...

I don't hate Fedor. I love the guy. How can you hate him??? I hate... no I despise his menager and that M1 B$ because that is why he isn't here fighting with the best.

And Strikeforce is one sorry organization. You gotta admit that. I mean c'mon' date=' their HW champion hasn't been in the ring for two years and now he is fighting a guy who lest to Fedor??? Am I the only one who finds this insulting to us, the fans of this sport?

Ah... I miss the PRIDE days...[/quote']

+1 i agree with you , fedor needs a new manager team

Ya hes not fighting top comp cause hes not in the UFC. Lol, you guys need to stop thinking that the UFC owns all the best fighters, cause they dont. There are other great fighters out there. Stop being crybabies just because you cant watch fedor in the UFC. I love the UFC but they dont have all the best fighters and they more than likely wont ever have them all. Also fedor's last fights were with top 10 comp, except for Rogers i guess you could say.

He's not fighting cans, like you guys like to say. Who should Fedor be fighting besides Werdum, might i ask?

as much as i like seeing fedor fight. Its a little sad when the best and most suprising result that could come out of this fight would be for fedor to loose. Considering hes fighting someone who has little to know chance of beating him.

i didn't know that i guess could post :eek:

Does anyone think he stands a chance against Fedor? NO!

Another pointless win on his record. This is getting old.

100% agree FEDOR will never get my thumbs up on being the best until he fights in UFC he fights garbage fighters compared to what HW's in UFC have to fight I think JDS would smoke FEDOR

Ya hes not fighting top comp cause hes not in the UFC. Lol' date=' you guys need to stop thinking that the UFC owns all the best fighters, cause they dont. There are other great fighters out there. Stop being crybabies just because you cant watch fedor in the UFC. I love the UFC but they dont have all the best fighters and they more than likely wont ever have them all. Also fedor's last fights were with top 10 comp, except for Rogers i guess you could say.

He's not fighting cans, like you guys like to say. Who should Fedor be fighting besides Werdum, might i ask?[/quote']

Obviously Werdum is not top competition. He is good but not a great fighter. Arlovski and Tim Sylvia also are not top 10 comp. Fedor should obviously be fighting Overeem.

Overeem is busy with Rodgers right now' date=' which is not Fedor's fault he does not sign the fights.[/quote']

No it's not Fedor's fault, it's his management and SF's fault. Strike Force is a mess right now and this isn't going to help. I don't mind Strike Force normally because they have some good fighters but Overeem fighting Rodgers instead of Fedor is just dumb.

Funny how a former UFC hw champion (Randy Couture) says "Werdum is one of the best hws in the world" and a bunch of fan boys say he's an easy victory. I guess I'll take a bunch of fan boys words over a 5 time UFC champion.

I take JDS actions towards werdum to know that this is a easy fight for fedor.

''To be the best you have to fight the best' date=' and Fedor isnt fighting the best!''[/b']

It doesn't matter. This event will be forgotten coz June will be dominated by the Brock vs Mir/Carwin match-up. Wrong move for SF if they put the event in June' date=' they should move it to other month.[/quote']

lesnar is scheduled to fight in july and if the events are on the same day then it creates a problem but if there not even on the same day it will not create a problem ? you are very confusing

''To be the best you have to fight the best' date=' and Fedor isnt fighting the best!''[/b']

JDS is a great fighter, just because he beat Werdum, does not make Werdum a bad fighter.

Remember styles make fights, if you have the right style to take someone out, you will. JDS had the picture perfect style to take out Werdum.

To be the best you have to beat the best, and Fedor is the best. Go to Strikeforce, strap on a pair and fight the best. Period. The master does not chase the student.

And yeah JDS caught Werdum, so what. It happens. it happened to GSP. Does that mean GSP is going to be an easy match for Dan Hardy? :rolleyes:

To be the best you have to beat the best' date=' and Fedor is the best. Go to Strikeforce, strap on a pair and fight the best. Period. The master does not chase the student.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your Right on Alpha Omega. Why should fedor have to go to contenders when he is the best. The contenders go to the best. not vice versa.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And yeah JDS caught Werdum, so what. It happens. it happened to GSP. Does that mean GSP is going to be an easy match for Dan Hardy? :rolleyes:[/quote']

These people are just oblivious to what can happen in combat sports, you cant win everytime. You make mistakes and pay for them.

Edit: lol messed up and didnt put it as a multiquote. oh well.

To be the best you have to beat the best' date=' and Fedor is the best. Go to Strikeforce, strap on a pair and fight the best. Period. The master does not chase the student.

And yeah JDS caught Werdum, so what. It happens. it happened to GSP. Does that mean GSP is going to be an easy match for Dan Hardy? :rolleyes:[/quote']

Fedor would rather take the comforrtable road taking fights that he should win.

When will he ever challenge himself by fightin the No2 or No3..... (as of this time) or will he fight the likes of mir, carwin, cain once they get cut from the ufc.... and by then a shadow of themselves?

Fedor is a joke.

Yeah that's realistic...All the TRUE top heavyweights are going to drop out of the biggest MMA organization to go to a second rate one and fight Fedor. I have to say you are one of the top 2 or 3 Fedor delusional ****s. And that is quite an accomplishment.

Fedor would rather take the comforrtable road taking fights that he should win.

When will he ever challenge himself by fightin the No2 or No3..... (as of this time) or will he fight the likes of mir' date=' carwin, cain once they get cut from the ufc.... and by then a shadow of themselves?

Fedor is a joke.[/quote']

Yeah, this. ^^^^^^

Funny how a former UFC hw champion (Randy Couture) says "Werdum is one of the best hws in the world" and a bunch of fan boys say he's an easy victory. I guess I'll take a bunch of fan boys words over a 5 time UFC champion.

He is one of the best, which is why JDS destroyed him in like a minute on his debut fight...nice try.

and he didn't "Catch him" either, look at the fight again JDS guided that sucker right in there. lights out. done. out of the big leagues you go.

Another notch on fedor records agaisnt another hasbeen....

Is he ever going to challenge himself?

To be the best you have to fight the best' date=' and he isnt fighting the best![/quote']

.... you're an mma impaired clown if you thimk Werdum is an easy fight' date=' he gets caught early by a good JdS uppercut, the follow-up left was behind the head & people just dismiss him :rolleyes: . He went the distance w/ a prime '06 Nogueira which should provide a clue . Maybe people should try checking his resume before they walk down fool street ... two-time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world champion, a two-time ADCC world heavyweight champion and European Jiu-Jitsu champion. He has a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and a Black Belt in Judo.

[img']http://i37.tinypic.com/2dua3uu.jpg[/img]

ADCC World Submission Wrestling Championships

ADCC 2009 99 kg+: 1st place

ADCC 2007 99 kg+: 1st place

ADCC 2005 99 kg+: 3rd place

ADCC 2003 Absolute: 3rd place 99 kg+: 2nd place

CBJJ World Championships

2004 Black Belt Pesadissimo: 1st Place

2003 Black Belt Super-Pesado: 1st Place Black Belt Absolute: =3rd Place

2002 Brown Belt Super-Pesado: 3rd Place

2001 Purple Belt Absolute: 2nd Place

2000 Blue Belt Super-Pesado: 1st Place Blue Belt Absolute: 1st Place

CBJJ Pan American Championships

2003 Black Belt Super Super Heavy: =3rd Place Black Belt Absolute: 2nd Place

2002 Brown Belt Super-Pesado: 1st Place

2001 Purple Belt Super-Pesado: 1st Place Purple Belt Absolute: 1st Place

CBJJO BJJ World Cup

2004 Black Belt Pesadissimo: 2nd Place Black Belt Absolute: =3rd Place

2003 Black Belt Belt Pesadissimo: 2nd Place

These people are just oblivious to what can happen in combat sports' date=' you cant win everytime. You make mistakes and pay for them.

Edit: lol messed up and didnt put it as a multiquote. oh well.[/quote']

Let's say that Overeem and Fedor both win their next fights. Will they fight each other then? I bet that they won't unless Fedor has a champion's clause in his contract or he signs an extension which I doubt he will.

It doesn't matter. This event will be forgotten coz June will be dominated by the Brock vs Mir/Carwin match-up. Wrong move for SF if they put the event in June' date=' they should move it to other month.[/quote']

The Media will totally ignore the Fedor fight if its within the same era as the Brock/Mir III or Brock/Carwin

Yeah that's realistic...All the TRUE top heavyweights are going to drop out of the biggest MMA organization to go to a second rate one and fight Fedor. I have to say you are one of the top 2 or 3 Fedor delusional ****s. And that is quite an accomplishment.

Arlovski did it. Sylvia did it. Both guys left the UFC (willingly' date=' for the record) specifically to fight Fedor. What's stopping Brock, who has all the money in the world? If a bunch of "good" HWs went to SF, it would no longer be "second rate" now, would it? :rolleyes:

He is one of the best, which is why JDS destroyed him in like a minute on his debut fight...nice try.

and he didn't "Catch him" either, look at the fight again JDS guided that sucker right in there. lights out. done. out of the big leagues you go.

Go argue that with Randy Couture. Couture himself said Werdum is one of the best in the world. Hmmm. 5 time UFC champion who spends time training with Werdum, or ForcexrecoN who apparently spends a lot of time on Mass Effect 2? Who's opinion should I take? :rolleyes:

Beserker summed it up.

He is one of the best' date=' which is why JDS destroyed him in like a minute on his debut fight...nice try.

and he didn't "Catch him" either, look at the fight again JDS guided that sucker right in there. lights out. done. out of the big leagues you go.[/quote']

..... more clownshoes bs,^^> werdum tko'd gonzaga twice, kimura'd overeem, & went 3 w/ prime nogueira . > dos Santos has already tapped early 1st round & couldn;t put away a slow-spent crocop . I've seen no ground-game from cigano either, just alot of hype .

Arlovski did it. Sylvia did it. Both guys left the UFC (willingly, for the record) specifically to fight Fedor. What's stopping Brock, who has all the money in the world? If a bunch of "good" HWs went to SF, it would no longer be "second rate" now, would it? :rolleyes:

Uh actually they both left because they couldn't hang in the UFC HW division anymore. Sylvia just got knocked out by a 50 something year old Ray Mercer for God's sake. If Fedor signed a 4 fight deal and had to take on JDS, Cain, Lesnar, and Mir do you REALLY think he would stay undefeated. Those 4 fights over a two year period lets say. I'm not sure he would win one. He will never fight those guys unless they decline to the point of having to go to SF. BTW that is a retarted statement about all the UFC HW's going to SF so it is no longer second rate. That is like saying if all the NFL guys went to arena ball it would no longer suck....get real.

I think it is good news. Fedor has recently beaten Arlovski and Rogers. Werdum is the best out there left for him. After that' date=' he can beat Overeems a$$ right before arriving to the UFC.[/quote']

Refer to post #29. No way that Strike Force will let Fedor win the title and then leave for the UFC.

..... more clownshoes bs' date='^^> werdum tko'd gonzaga twice, kimura'd overeem, & went 3 w/ prime nogueira . > dos Santos has already tapped early 1st round & couldn;t put away a slow-spent crocop . [b']I've seen no ground-game from cigano either, just alot of hype[/b] .

He hasnt needed it. Just like Anderson Silva at first. Then when he needed it, it was there. Maybe it is the same with Cigano, I hope :)

I agree with you that Werdum deserves respect.

Its not Fedor as much as it is the people he works with. They seem sketchy..

He needs to get some new management.

If i was religious i would pray about Fedor coming to the ufc one day..

but it feels like the clocks running out on that one, anyone know when he plans to retire?

hopefully he hasn't mentioned it..i think he has a fair amount of fights left in him.

Ya hes not fighting top comp cause hes not in the UFC. Lol' date=' you guys need to stop thinking that the UFC owns all the best fighters, cause they dont. There are other great fighters out there. Stop being crybabies just because you cant watch fedor in the UFC. I love the UFC but they dont have all the best fighters and they more than likely wont ever have them all. Also fedor's last fights were with top 10 comp, except for Rogers i guess you could say.

He's not fighting cans, like you guys like to say. Who should Fedor be fighting besides Werdum, might i ask?[/quote']

+1 i agree werdum and overeem are the only comp he has in strikeforce and not to mention with overeems recent fights he has proven to have evolved into a beast. The UFC has the best marketing strategy and therefore we have uneducated people that scream and shout when they see a UFC fighter. Not to mention UFC's top fighters are Pride, K1 fighters ex Machida , Shogun, Anderson Silva , BJ Penn. These guys were all in other promotions. Original UFC roster- tank abbot, tito ortiz, ken shamrock , royce grace. Now u decide that u wanna say

Refer to post #29. No way that Strike Force will let Fedor win the title and then leave for the UFC.

... the likely scenario is that lesnar loses (3-2 ufc), & does not wanna play 2nd banana,

coker offers him an immediate title-shot & mega-bux ... fedor vs lesnar early 2011

Arlovski did it. Sylvia did it. Both guys left the UFC (willingly' date=' for the record) specifically to fight Fedor. What's stopping Brock, who has all the money in the world? If a bunch of "good" HWs went to SF, it would no longer be "second rate" now, would it? :rolleyes:

Uh actually they both left because they couldn't hang in the UFC HW division anymore. Sylvia just got knocked out by a 50 something year old Ray Mercer for God's sake. If Fedor signed a 4 fight deal and had to take on JDS, Cain, Lesnar, and Mir do you REALLY think he would stay undefeated. Those 4 fights over a two year period lets say. I'm not sure he would win one. He will never fight those guys unless they decline to the point of having to go to SF. BTW that is a retarted statement about all the UFC HW's going to SF so it is no longer second rate. That is like saying if all the NFL guys went to arena ball it would no longer suck....get real.[/quote']

I didn't know being on a 3 fight winning streak when he left the UFC meant Arloski couldn't hang. Get a new argument other than these "Andrei couldn't hang so he got kicked out" ********, because they don't kick out fighters on 3 fight win streaks who win 7 of their last 9. Fanboy argument at it's finest.

Sylvia was 7 for is last 10 when he left the UFC and was still ranked top 5. His only losses were to other top 5s.

[/quote']

You gotta be kidding me, Dana is not anymore interested to exrend AA contract coz he already make some comment that he didn't like AA already coz he's already gun shy lately in his fights, then for Tim Sylvia, he's asking for so much price and Dana sees that at his age he's there's no more future in him, that's why Sylvia signs with Affliction to fight Fedor for 800K (UFC in only about to give him 100K/per fight if he want's to stay)

In other words, it's about the money man that's why those 2 went to Aflliction.

And that's the reason Affliction folds, they spend too much on some Andy Warhol 15 minute of fame match (Wherein they spend so much)

I didn't know being on a 3 fight winning streak when he left the UFC meant Arloski couldn't hang. Get a new argument other than these "Andrei couldn't hang so he got kicked out" ********' date=' because they don't kick out fighters on 3 fight win streaks who win 7 of their last 9. Fanboy argument at it's finest.

Sylvia was 7 for is last 10 when he left the UFC and was still ranked top 5. His only losses were to other top 5s.[/quote']

Who am I a fanboy of? You are the Fedor fanboy obviously. That is the best argument you could come up with was Arloski was still good? wow What about Silvia being a joke? What about your dumb **** statement about all the UFC guys going to SF? Go away.

Who am I a fanboy of? You are the Fedor fanboy obviously. That is the best argument you could come up with was Arloski was still good? wow What about Silvia being a joke? What about your dumb **** statement about all the UFC guys going to SF? Go away.

Once again, an ignorant Fedor hater provides no relevant argument or facts to discredit the facts I put down. You're not worthy of my presence.

Raffy, where's the comment?

I thought he was on a three fight contract' date=' first went with Rogers, now Werdum and Overeem for last. Might be wrong.[/quote']

You are right but why would Strike Force let a guy fight for the title if he doesn't have any interest in defending it. They would make alot of money off of a Fedor vs Overeem fight but if Fedor won they would have a vacant heavyweight title and the next person to claim it wouldn't be known as a legit champion. Hopeully we get to see them fight but I'm not optomistic.

Once again' date=' an ignorant Fedor hater provides no relevant argument or facts to discredit the facts I put down. You're not worthy of my presence.

Raffy, where's the comment?[/quote']

damn, i'm feeding the troll....you got me. The fact that Fedor hasnt fought a TOP heavyweight since 2005 doesn't mean anything to you does it? Only you and a couple of other huggers stick to this B.S. that he is the P4P best and everyone should come to him. And that doesn't tell you anything does it? Wow. Goodbye.

damn' date=' i'm feeding the troll....you got me. The fact that Fedor hasnt fought a TOP heavyweight since 2005 doesn't mean anything to you does it? Only you and a couple of other huggers stick to this B.S. that he is the P4P best and everyone should come to him. And that doesn't tell you anything does it? Wow. Goodbye.[/quote']

Actually, Fedor has fought 3 top 10 opponents in a row. In fact, he's the only HW to have done so. :rolleyes:

uh...who? and it's funny you havent responded to any real points I've made. Like how he would do in a 4 fight UFC deal with guys like JDS' date=' Cain, Mir, Lesnar....[/quote']

That's not a real point. That's an assumption. Prediction. A real point involves facts. Which I have provided in flying colors. Check my top 5 hws thread if you want to know who.

Archived