If Hardy has KO Power

Rob_Lazarus

Hardy has been to two split decisions over fighters who will never get title shots. He's finished 1/4 fights in the UFC.

Shane Carwin has KO power, Paul Daley has KO power, Rampage has KO power. Are we comparing Hardy to these guys, really?

Hence, if Hardy has KO power, so does Jon Fitch. I'm sure Fitch could knock someone out if they stood there with their hands behind their back. That must be what Hardy means when he says he has KO power.

Hmmmm. The flaw in your statement is that almost half of Hardy's victories have come by way of knockout' date=' whereas Fitch only has 4 (T)KO victories on his record of 25 or so fights.[/quote']

Except that it's much lower if you only take his UFC fights.

ps: why is there another thread on this bs?

Except that it's much lower if you only take his UFC fights.

ps: why is there another thread on this bs?

Just because Hardy's fought guys in smaller organisations, that doesn't automatically mean that everyone he's fought had a glass jaw. I've said countless times that Hardy has fought in organisations where the guys know how to brawl. If you look at some of the guys he fought in Cage Warriors (and I know it's a very low level organisation compared to the UFC), then you'll see that he fought guys who knew how to brawl. They knew how to throw a punch and they sure as hell knew how to take one.

Furthermore, when was the last time Fitch even wobbled a guy in a fight? If I remember rightly, the only time I've seen him knock a guy out was Alves the first time, and ironically enough that came as a result of an upkick as opposed to a punch.

I know that Hardy isn't exactly perceived as a striking god, but it's pretty disrespectful to compare his power to Jon Fitch when you consider that he's rocked everyone he's fought multiple times. And yes I KNOW that rocking a guy doesn't count as a knockout, but it demonstrates that he's got power in those hands.

Just because Hardy's fought guys in smaller organisations' date=' that doesn't automatically mean that everyone he's fought had a glass jaw. I've said countless times that Hardy has fought in organisations where the guys know how to brawl. If you look at some of the guys he fought in Cage Warriors (and I know it's a very low level organisation compared to the UFC), then you'll see that he fought guys who knew how to brawl. They knew how to throw a punch and they sure as hell knew how to take one.

Furthermore, when was the last time Fitch even wobbled a guy in a fight? If I remember rightly, the only time I've seen him knock a guy out was Alves the first time, and ironically enough that came as a result of an upkick as opposed to a punch.

I know that Hardy isn't exactly perceived as a striking god, [b']but it's pretty disrespectful to compare his power to Jon Fitch when you consider that he's rocked everyone he's fought multiple times. And yes I KNOW that rocking a guy doesn't count as a knockout, but it demonstrates that he's got power in those hands[/b].

Well then GSP has rocked just about everyone he has fought do you see people trying to say he has power?

No you find the opposite.

Anyways. It's the record in the UFC that counts against CREDIBLE opponents.

Archived